main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI BIG September

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    OK, August was a flop for getting together for a meeting. We should have no trouble this month to get together, especially since the OT DVD is being released.

I know that I have a birthday to attend some weekend this month, but other than that, I am free. I'll let everyone know when that birthday will be once I find out myself.

So, with that said, EVERYONE start throwing out DATES & TIMES that they want to have a meeting and the OT DVD Party (Brent).

The sooner we get these dates and times together, the more prepared we will be and have our calendars marked.

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I was thinking like the weekend after the OT release. I just need to figure out the dates and everything. Because my grandma's birthday is like the day before the OT release and my brother's B-Day is sept. 30th. So I'll talk to my family and see what is going on. As for the other meeting I think we should do that as soon as possible. Before I get my wisdom teeth out, 'cause that is going to suck. Anyway I'll keep you posted.

Forcebewitya!

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    I should be free every weekend
    Weekdays will be a little harder now that School will be starting in a couple weeks

4. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    As long as it's not the first weekend, I foresee being free and able to partake in the Star Wars geekitude.

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah that first weekend might be tough for me, but I'm not holding my breath

6. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    AnakinsAngel4, you should get involved in deciding when our meeting will be, as well. When I say everyone, I mean everyone. At Mad Ison we are a democracy (so far) and promote free trade (so far).

As for the first weekend, I might be busy then too. I know the first week I have something to attend but that doesn't run into the weekend.

So, if we don't decide on a meeting, we will just have to hold our meeting at the DVD Party... if we even have that, right Brent?

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    YEAH
    We should have a DVD party at least.

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    So, if we don't decide on a meeting, we will just have to hold our meeting at the DVD Party... if we even have that, right Brent?

OH, I'll have it all right. Its just that I will be EXTREMELY busy once school starts. I have two jobs a after school art class, plus homework. But trust me I will definitly make time to watch the DVDs that I have been awaiting forever. In regards to that I just heard what Steve Sansweet had to say about 'em. He said "there will be a few surprises in the movies, that some will like and some won't" Doesn't sound good to me...I'm curious though. I mean didn't they learn after the "Greedo shot first" inocident.

Forcebewitya!

9. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    OK, guys... let's come up with something !

I'll be gone onthe weekend of the 18th, so I can't attend anything then.

Now that you know that information, you guys need to figure out when we can get together. You are the ones who have school and jobs to work around, so you need to be the ones to decide.

Let's Move It !!!

10. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, what's everyone doing this week? I mean because technically I start school tommorow but they are going on this feild trip Wednesday through Friday and I think that I wont go, just becuase I'd rather have a week more of summer. So this week I could possibly meet. Then we could have another meeting the weekend after the DVD release at my house. This one could just be a small meeting like we have had in the past. Let me know what you think.

Forcebewitya!

11. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    If we were to meet this week (during the week), it would have to be after 6:30pm and not on Thursday or Friday.

Guess that would leave Tuesday or Wednesday.

Though I think it could be considered short notice, I am available those two nights.

Just let me know what you guys think.

12. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I'm back in school this week
    I have a class until 6:50 Monday and Wednesday, Intro to Film.
    But otherwise Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday are good for me if I can get some money, shouldn't be to hard though.

13. KenobisKhats

KenobisKhats Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2004
    Hi, I'm a big SW fan. Does your group include older members or just students? I'd look forward to meeting with you. Where do you meet?

14. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    We include them all: the old, the young, the male, the female, the living, and the dead.

As for where we meet, it varies from meeting to meeting. We will announce it beforehand, and we look forward to seeing you at our next meeting.

15. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah we've met alot at the Food court in East Town alot
    We've met in a park once even Fazolies(sp?) once

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Hi KenobiKhats!

Yes, as said before, we don't discriminate at all. Anyone is more than welcome to join us at any of our meetings.

Some of us also join in some of the Milwaukee meetings and outings.

We are still growing in size, and would love to have you introduce yourself at our next meeting.

And yes, we have met a lot at the East Towne Mall Food Court. It just seems to be the easiest place to gather and there's always plenty of room. And food too.

I'm thinking that our next meeting will be there as well. In fact, I will throw out a date for everyone to confirm or disapprove...

Sept. 11th at Noon in the East Towne Mall Food Court directly across from Barnes and Noble.

17. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    that sould be good for me

18. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Does anyone know the day that will be? Just so that I can take off work or whatever I need to do. Thanks.

Forcebewitya!

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    That is a Saturday

20. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    It would be great if our new people would drop in for this meeting.

AnakinsAngel4
    KenobisKhats
    Soliss

Come on you guys, let us hear from you.

Hot Topics to discuss:

Halloween Party
    OT DVD Release Party
    FilmCon 4.5 & 5
    "Revenge of the Jedi" Film Title and etc.

Looks like this could be a big meeting. The more people the better. So everyone, let us know if you can make it. AND SOON.

21. KenobisKhats

KenobisKhats Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2004
    Drat, I have a khat show that weekend. My second love after SW is breeding and showing Birman khats. Place is fine, just a busy weekend. Any dvd showings planned? October?

22. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    The OT DVD Party is "planned" for later in September. I'll post what is decided from the meeting.

23. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Looking for possibly two more? We've been wanting to get to Madison anyway. If that day is free we could show up.

24. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah you definitly should, stop by. And so should all the newcomers! so exciting to have more people, now we gotta examine you, lol. Just kidding. But seriously we're not all as strange as I...or maybe we are.

Forcebewitya!

25. ToxicNed

May 2, 2002
    Dangit! I'm out for this meeting guys. They're upgrading the e-mail servers at work from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000. I ended up pulling the short straw and have to be out of town all week instead of staying out here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.