main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI BIG September

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Rick_Sith, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    That sucks
    It will be good to meet some new people. We should do something to stand out so the newbie's can find us

2. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah good thinking, I could wear my Jedi Costume, lol nah I for one will wear my Revenge of the Jedi shirt. I have blonde hair, I'll probably be wearing a hat that says seek, and I'll probably be wearing all black. So look for me in that getup newcomers! and you can look for the other FanForcers too, I'm sure that they will all tell you what they will be wearing. See you all next saturday!

*EDIT* Never mind I actually have to work like at one, so I will be wearing Khakis and no hat, but I'll still wear my Revenge of the Jedi shirt till I go to work.

Forcebewitya!

3. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    So when exactly should we meet? I'm thinking that 11 o clock sounds good. I have to go to work at one and we usually talk for at least two hours, usually three. So That would give us a little more time. What say you?

Forcebewitya.

4. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Sept. 11th at Noon in the East Towne Mall Food Court directly across from Barnes and Noble.

Hot Topics to discuss:

Halloween Party
    OT DVD Release Party
    FilmCon 4.5 & 5
    "Revenge of the Jedi" Film Title and etc.

That's what was discussed or mentioned before.
    I was planning on it to be that date and time, since no one else said otherwise (until today).

I think we could stick with the plan and run through the topics... then we can BS after that or leave for work and other things.

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    sounds good
    For the new people, I'll be wearing a black Star Wars shirt with Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Darth Maul on the front.
    I'll also be wearing a black hat with the letter E in purple on the front.
    I might be around a little earlier.

6. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Yeah, if you can try to get there a little early because meeting at twelve really only gives me an hour.
    I'll probably be there around 11:45 then unless you all want to meet earlier than that.

Forcebewitya!

7. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well, I guess I will be the first to say good meeting. It is to bad that I couldn't stay longer. It was good to meet you Soliss and also cool that JediRacer8 and Kodek got to come down as well. It felt like a real meeting for a change!

Well I for one am excited for all the Halloween parties and DVD watching that is to come. Anyway I took off work for that Saturday (The 25th) so we should plan for that day. I'll go make a new thread though now. Again great meeting!

Forcebewitya!

8. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Yes, it was a very good meeting. For those who missed it, I'm sure you had a good reason. Too bad that you couldn't be there.

It was great to see JediRacer8 and Kodek again. I don;t get the chance to go to all of the Milwaukee parties that you guys get to go to, so seeing you at the meeting was a treat.

A very special thanks for Soliss (AKA Sid) at the meeting. It's always a refreshing pleasure to have someone new to the group join us at the meetings. I'm sure it wasn't as exciting as you may have expected, but we are a somewhat low-key group. Maybe you can change that for us?

I am looking forward to the DVD Viewing for the OT release.

I do know that I won't be able to make it to any of the Halloween parties, since I have family plans that day/evening. Perhaps we can have an alternate party before or after? Either way, I hope those who attend the parties have a great time.

The FilmCon discussion was pretty much reaffirming what most of us know already. Since Eric is not in Wisconsin, it's hard to know what will happen with FilmCon. "Come Back Eric!!"

We didn't cover the Episode 3 : Revenge of the Sith title and film expectations. We touched on it ever so slightly when Brent mentioned seeing some things at Wizard World, but nothing beyond that. Mostly because I forgot the topic list we made for the meeting. Maybe next time.

Speaking of Brent, great pictures! I really liked seeing what you brought. The professional pics were very good. You should be very happy with those.

So thats the gest of it. I know that we will see each other again soon. Until then, May The Force Be With You.

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    it was a fun meeting
    If we could get everyone to show up we might have some fun

10. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    It was great getting to see everyone and meet those of you I haven't before. Hopefully some of you can make it to the Halloween parties. I got my Mara pants today so I'm psyched about my costume. Thanks for the lightsaber ideas as well. We visited Home Depot the other night and had some fun in the plumbing department checking out some ideas. Got some slightly strange looks from the salesman but I'm used to that. As soon as money allows (since my costume has been a little costly) I'll start on that project.

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    well if you have any questions about it I'm sure we can help

12. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    Got any ideas for an internal emitter? If nothing else I will just glue a cap of some kind in there. I have a chrome tube and the salesman cut one end at a 45 degree angle for me. I have some goodies to dress it up with, now I just need the emitter and a button.

13. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    As for buttons I would recommend looking in those big yellow boxes that are filled with little misc. items for hardware. They have many buttons and strange looking things that you could experiment with. For a internal emitter I just used a metal disc with the screw in the middle covered with a little metal tube. All of them can be found at harware stores. I'm not the best at decribing that, but basically I would say to just look around and get ideas from various things at the hardware store.

Forcebewitya!

14. JediRacer8

Feb 26, 2004
    My saber's hilt is shaped like Luke's ANH saber. As long as I have something to shove in the tube so it's not hollow, I'm not picky on what I use. I am just having trouble finding something the right size. On a happier note, my wig showed up in the mail today!!

And I have to agree that your pics are awesome Brent. I wish I had thought of something like that in high school. The photographer did a great job with lighting.

15. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Thanks, I am pleased with the results as well. Good luck with your saber, maybe you could try going to the costuming boards for help. They helped me a lot with mine.

Forcebewitya.

16. AnakinsAngel4

AnakinsAngel4 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2004
    Hi everyone!
    I'm afraid I kind of fell off the face of the Earth after I got back from Comic Con. I haven't had a chance to read all these posts, but I did see there was a summons for my presence. So Sorry!!!(sad face). I just started at MMI this week, too, but I will make sure that I monitor more to find time to get together.
    Hope everyone is well,

May The Force Be With Us All!!!!!

17. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Good Luck at MMI. Too bad you missed out on our meeting. Maybe you can catch us at the OT DVD Fiesta. Check out that topic.

18. AnakinsAngel4

AnakinsAngel4 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2004
    Thanks,
    I've been there and am working on that!I'll let you know what I come up with over there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.