main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Big Star - Anime Challenge - Han and Luke - vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Big Star
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Han and Luke
    Summary: Boys will be boys
    Notes: For the Anime Challenge. My quote was: ?Who?s the Big Star?? This was the plot bunny that came to me instantly when I read my quote. :p

Big Star

Han took a sip of his drink and glanced sideways at his brother-in-law. Luke seemed content to nurse a dark ale and peruse their surroundings. Luke had been quiet lately, even more so than usual, and one of the reasons he had agreed to go out tonight was in the hopes of getting Luke to open up.

Leia had been too caught up in adjusting to motherhood to notice the change in Luke, but Han had begun to worry. It wasn?t like the kid to mope, at least not this long. He had known Luke to gripe on occasion, but he wasn?t much one for brooding.

It was Han?s first night out since the twins had been born and he was enjoying the peace, though the bar could hardly be called quiet. Still, it was more upscale than he was used to and the glass appeared to be clean, another rarity. His feet didn?t stick to the floor and there didn?t seem to be any would-be assassins lurking in the corners. And it seemed to relax Luke a bit, though something was still distracting him.

?What?s on your mind, Luke?? Han asked when it became clear that Luke wasn?t going to spill his guts on his own.

With a chagrined smile, Luke took another sip. ?I?m really glad you don?t have Jedi powers,? he remarked, but ignored Han?s question. Luke was good at that. A lot of people didn?t notice, or chalked it up to some mystic Jedi wisdom. Han knew better. Luke was clearly avoiding something and what kind of friend would he be if he didn?t try and get it out of him?

However, something in Luke?s face made Han hesitate. Maybe he should just let the kid work it out on his own. Besides, he had worries of his own at the moment.

So Han let Luke?s dodging of the issue pass for the moment and checked his comm again. Luke noticed and snorted. ?She would have let you know if anything was wrong, you know.?

?Easy for you to say, kid,? Han replied. ?You didn?t leave your wife at home with two-month-old twins.?

Something crossed Luke?s face but Han could not quite identify it. Interesting?

?She?s fine,? Luke said. ?And so are Jacen and Jaina.? A proud smile lit up Luke?s face when he mentioned his niece and nephew. He loved them as much as Han did and was not shy about showing it either.

To Han, who had never had any family beyond Dewlanna, it was a bit unsettling to suddenly have so much family, and one he loved at that. Deciding that the alcohol was making him too sentimental, he ordered another one. Might as well do it right, he mused. Besides, it wasn?t likely that Leia would encourage another night out anytime soon. The twins were probably making her tear out her hair by now.

Once more, he checked his comm. Nothing. He tried to decide if that was good or bad. Did it mean all was well at home or disaster had struck? With infant twins, it could go either way in a hurry.

Luke snorted and ordered another ale for himself. ?Trust me, Han, she?s fine. And so are the babies.? He smirked at him. ?I?m a Jedi, I know these things.? Then he belched loudly.

?So that was a dignified Jedi burp?? Han mocked. ?Good to know.? He shook his head. ?If only your public could see you now, how disappointed they?d be.?

?Sometimes I don?t know what my sister sees in you,? Luke confided after he thanked the barkeep for his ale. ?It?s one of those great mysteries.?

?I?d tell you, but she?d kill me,? Han replied with a grin as he held up his glass. ?Let?s just say, she appreciates my skills?? Giving a lascivious wink, Han laughed at Luke?s horrified expression.

?Ugh.? Luke grimaced. ?Don?t ever say anything like that again.? He shuddered and closed his eyes. ?There?s an image I?ll never get out of my head. Thanks.?

There was a commotion from the door and both of them turned to see a handsome young man walk in, surrounded by several media types who we

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

A priceless night out with the guys post-twins and pre-Anakin. I loved it. Though, I'm very curious to know exactly what was bothering Luke ;)

3. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    ?They told me I was perfect for the part,? Coris confided. Then he smiled and straightened his shoulders. ?They told me I looked like a young Han Solo!?

Luke doubled over with laughter at that,

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was excellent. Very funny!

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    beautiful job VaderLvr! I loved the punch at the end. Poor Han - so old an no one respects him....

Thanks for participating!

5. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Funny viggie!! Han does not like 'old' jokes. Can't blame him.

And this being post-twins born, means it's also post-meeting Mara, so I'm guessing that's what is distracting Luke. ;)

6. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Poor Han.... has his bubble burst by mean old Luke! ;) :p

7. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay, a boys night out viggie!

With a chagrined smile, Luke took another sip. ?I?m really glad you don?t have Jedi powers,? he remarked, but ignored Han?s question. Luke was good at that. A lot of people didn?t notice, or chalked it up to some mystic Jedi wisdom. Han knew better. Luke was clearly avoiding something and what kind of friend would he be if he didn?t try and get it out of him?

Han with Jedi powers is a scary thought.

Once more, he checked his comm. Nothing. He tried to decide if that was good or bad. Did it mean all was well at home or disaster had struck? With infant twins, it could go either way in a hurry.

Awwww, what a good daddy.

Luke snorted and ordered another ale for himself. ?Trust me, Han, she?s fine. And so are the babies.? He smirked at him. ?I?m a Jedi, I know these things.? Then he belched loudly.

That...was...awesome.[face_laugh]

?They told me I was perfect for the part,? Coris confided. Then he smiled and straightened his shoulders. ?They told me I looked like a young Han Solo!?
    Luke doubled over with laughter at that...

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    A young Han Solo!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

The man's got guts saying that to Han's face.

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Love it! You write so many characters so wonderfully. What's your secret?? ;)

10. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Absolutely lovely. I adore well written Luke and Han friendship fic, and this most definitely was that. Poor Han. Loved Luke's amusement. Fantastic work! :D

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Jade_Max I'm not telling. But she's got red hair and an attitude. ;)

BigE Luke isn't as innocent and sweet as he looks! [face_whistling]

Kidan It was great fun!

Jedi-2B You're a good guesser! :cool:

PonyTricks What are friends for? :D

Blue_Milkshake Luke set up his best friend. Naughty Luke! [face_shame_on_you]

KELIA It probably didn't even register with the youngster! :p

ginchy Not sure about writing them well, but I love them all! [:D]

Knight_Aragorn We need more friendship fics, don't we? :D

12. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Hey, I missed this completely the first time around! It's lovely! =D= So funny how han kept checking his communit and Luke being mean to him!

13. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    [face_laugh] I loved this! [face_love] Perfect Han and Luke and so funny. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Had me laughing out loud several times, even the second and third time I read it.
    Fantastic!
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

14. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Oh, Luke's got girl issues, huh?

Funny how Han's first impression was that the actor was a "pretty boy," until he found out what his role was! That kid had a lot of guts to say that to Han Solo's face. After all, Han shot first!![face_laugh]

Well done, and such fun!

15. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] A young Han Solo....what a blow to his ego.

Good work, I really enjoyed it.

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Golden_Jedi Even in a galaxy far, far away, boys will be boys! :p

dancing_star Thanks! I'm glad to know you enjoyedf it! :D

dm1 That young actor probably is too wrapped up in himself to even realize what he said. [face_laugh]

alhana_antilles Well it was BOUND to happen! ;)

17. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    *snickers* See, it does pay to look at the boards now and then. You find treasures like this. Awesome and thanks for the laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.