Big thank you to the Fan Force Europe and UK people

Discussion in 'FanForce: Conventions Europe' started by timbolton, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    CE ROCKED because of you!!!! :cool: :D

Thanks for all the help, the friendship and the fun times.
    I'll be back home on Friday, still here at ExCel, Anna goes today and meeting Camilla and Matt (Lord T) tonight)

Thanks again [:D]
  2. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    But this wouldn't have been so much fun, if there weren't so great organisators like you (Tim), Matt, Johanna, Sie, Coz and everyone else who help.

Thank you very much!! [:D]

It was great and we always had the feeling that there's someone just one text message away, if help is needed. :)

I hope we can give it back to you one time soon. :)

Thanks again! :)
  3. Lord-Tice Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And not just FanForcers, I met lots of people from all over the world on Wednesday onwards and I think everyone played their part on making CE a great show that by far exceeded expectations.

But also a special thanks to the FanForcers that helped on the table and fan art exhibition. Plenty of things were learnt to improve for future shows, but in-conclusion we can all give ourselves a pat-on-the-back :D
    Another special thanks to Tim for running the meet & greet on Thursday and helping people out in the evenings.

And thank you to the organisers for letting us do our thing.

So one more thank you and here's to next time [face_coffee] ;)
  4. MacCaffrey VIP

star 9
    We have to thank you for the great work you'vee done, guys! :)
    You made this an event to remember! We other who follow have now to keep up your great standard! :)

Everyone who helped a very big thank you and respect for the work you've done! :)
  5. LadyPoison Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you everyone for making the weekend sooo much fun :D
  6. JED1 Force Ghost

star 4
  7. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks to everyone for being there, for making Celebration Europe more interesting, for making the time at the FF table pure fun, for the nice doze of "FF nepotism" or joining FF people in the middle of the queues instead of going all the way to the back. ;) :p Also, thank you all for making CE somewhat more personal. It indeed was a grand event, but in truth, it was rather commercialized, it was more about buying than exhibiting stuff. And meeting FanForce people was very refreshing compared to that, because it was all about being a fan and discussing Star Wars and all the other stuff with similar people. One could really get lost at such a big convention (and by that I mean people like me who haven't been to C4), and FF offered a safe heaven where we could rest, put our stuff down, find our FF friends and everything. ;)

So, thank you all for making CE an unforgettable experience for me! :D [:D]
    Also, a very special thanks to Tim, who was always there for us! :)
  8. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Was a great weekend. My only complaint is that I never got in the FanForce group photo :_|
  9. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    We can always photoshop you in it. :p
  10. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    That has been suggested by others, hehe ;)
  11. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Aye, thanks to every who went, the organisers, the helpers and everyone else. It was just amazing.

I'm not in it either.
  12. VenHalcyon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sadly i had to go get a train so missed the photo!

Was great to see the FF:UK there and the stall seeme to draw people in despite the pants locational planning of the Powers that Be!

Thanks to those who diligently manned the desk to try get us some new drinking buddies members! ;)
  13. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, we were waiting for you. But everyone was in a hurry and eventually the pic was taken. I was a little disappointed because many nice people that I have met there were not able to get into the photo, and there are two or three faces I'm afraid I don't recognize. but never mind, there will be other FF meetings. ;)
  14. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It was either miss it or drag everything across London and back. I tried to be as quick as I could, but I wasn't quick enough.
  15. ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dude, I think you need your own thread to thank you for all the hard work you put in over the weekend :p
  16. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everyone for making CE so enjoyable and memorable :) It was great to meet other fanforcers and I felt a great sense of friendship and community being around you all. I was feeling genuinely gutted when it was time to leave :(

Thanks to Cozmic for being my talk/convention buddy through most of the weekend :) And a special thanks to Tim, for everything he done for me when I was im a bit of a predicament regarding getting back home :) [:D] You're a star

Bring on CE2! :p
  17. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Great effort made to promote awareness for the European FanForces. It has alreayd paid off here, with new people signing on saying they visited the table at CE.

I hope the same happens elsewhere.

I promise next time to sit at the table for a while.
  18. Cobranaconda Force Ghost

star 7
    FanForce made the whole thing enjoyable, and even worth the pain I'm now in :p

You're all awesome.

Except Tim.

I can't think of a superlative fitting enough for him :p

Edit: I seem to be rhyming...

:p
  19. Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have to say that I did not expect so many people to say hello to me and talk about TENCLO! It was so great and very humbling. :)

I assumed that TENCLO was only well known in the US (a bad assumption by me) only to find out that Europe truly rocks!!!!

Throughout the whole weekend, I was approached by TENCLO 'fans'. I was even asked to give the ocasional autograph :cool: (although I was giving out free copies of the movie!):D

After the Rick McCallum talk, as we were all walking out, I was patted on the back and congratulated by friends from Spain, Italy, Germany and other accents I couldn't figure out (my ignorance!) [face_beatup]

Meeting all of you, made a fantasitc opportunity (giving TENCLO to Rick) into a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience! [:D]

Thank you!!!!!
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.