Ark BigCruiseFest

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ChaseKeJac, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As some of you remember last Oct. the big cars event in downtown LR was a great event for Star Wars, well they've asked the 327th to come back. I hate to 'spam' this site in this way, but those memebrs who would like to attend or are interested in it need to contact myself or Darth Cobain on the boards of the 327thstarcorps.com
    This is a contracted event, so the 327th will be the only Star Wars costuming group represented on flyers, ads, and even T Shirts. Those attending will recieve a Shirt and 2 passes for the dinner that night at the event.
    More info will become available on the 327th site, but we thought Arkansith could really come together again for this one.
    Thanks for your time reading this.

Chad---Drago---formerly Chase Ke Jac
  2. Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Last year this event was a 501st event since ArkanSith had done so many costumeing events in a row. I was contacted by one of the organizers about 3 weeks ago as the go to fo the 501st during elections about them coming back this year. So Im not for sure what has happened here.
  3. ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling

star 1
    1.) The organizer of last years event, Scott, will be attending a car show in Florida during the time of the Cruisefest this year. Carol, the organizer of this years event, contacted Ryan(last years Vader) personally after getting his information from Scott. No one from the 327th tried to undercut anyone here or the 501st. We are all fans and the 327th has had enough backstabbing done to last a lifetime, we don't do that to fellow fans.

2.) This is not about anyone trying to steal anyone elses thunder. If that's the thought then it's silly and unwarranted. The event was/is being done this way so 1 (one) contract can be drawn up and 1 (one) group will be solely responsible for having costumers there for the event.

3.) A direct contribution is being made to Make-A-Wish and another donation is being worked on for The Arkansas Childrens Hospital. Both worthy causes you'll agree.

4.) We will have a tent set with Make-A-Wish where people who wish to make a donation can do so, passers by can look at props, photos of events, etc. We will also have a golf cart at our disposal, the entire dressing areas will be ours, water and soft drinks provided, as well as very close parking for all those who attend.

5.) Why the miscommunication? Don't know.

6.) So, this is a 327th banner event, but we want EVERY group to come. Arkansith, Rebel Legion, Jedi Council, 501st, Bantha Farmers, Nerf herders, we want all Star Wars fans to help with this event. This is not about who gets credit for what, this is about raising money for a great charity and making kids smile.

Sincerely,
    Drago

4. AGRadministrator Jedi Youngling

OK...

This issue is not about anyone stealing anyone else's thunder.
    It's about assuming that everyone participating will be doing so under one banner.

There are many of us here that belong to 327th...but, the problem is when it starts looking like
    there is no cooperation between or amongst groups it makes us as fans look bad. We're not accusing here
    just trying to say that it looks funny and may cause the 327th to be looked upon with the same apprehension
    given to the 501st when it comes to the idea that they move in and take over a state.

We are getting away from what is important. The presence at the event is to help raise money for a charity.
    All of the many and various groups within the state need to work together. But, not be forced to do so under
    one banner as members of another group (as it has been reported by another member). It's fine to go with 327th
    on the banner and have them head up the event. However, not so fine to assume that all will be acting as members of another group.

The thing is... (Now, consider before this is said that the media dosn't always get things straight) but,
    we had an event last year for half time at a Twisters game and made sure that people knew that three groups
    were involved... Arkansas Fan Force, 327th, and 501st.

The way the post is worded...

It comes across sounding like the attempt is being made to cut out other groups. The invitation was not worded in a welcoming way...and some members may see that as negative.

Personally, we have gone to "501st" events and they don't make me become 501st... We are there in conjuntion with 501st as ArkanSith.

And since there are not dates yet (at least not posted) AGR may be unavailable due to event conflict.
    October is the busiest season we have here for events.

When we know dates, times, and more information... We will see what we can do.

But, last year (again, realizing that the organizers this year are different people) they mainly
    wanted Storm Troopers. We had one Jedi (dark) present b/c our other Jedi we were going to have had a back injury.)

We are all for working together but, as Group A hosting but in conjunction w/ group B, C, and D.
    And have always advertised that way.

It seems a slap of sorts (whether intended or not) to come into a State with a stron Fan Force and then
    not include them in a major recurring event. It's the same thing that Fan Force's everywhere have to
    struggle with sometimes where 501st events. It's our home state and it just feels like the Fan Force
    doesn't matter enough to merit to be considered to attend in conjunction. But, as you said, the 327th has
    had the "backstab" feeling. This has the possibility to be taken the same way as members of the Fan Force in this state where this event is going to be regularly held.
  5. ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling

star 1
    It was never our attempt to alienate the fanforce in any way, shape, or form. The idea and purpose of the way it was worded was the way the contract was written out.
    Carol Dolan (head of the Little Rock vistors bureau) contacted Ryan, not the 327th, not the Arkansith, not the 501st. Ryan was invited to bring a group. His primary group being the 327th.
    When Henry was contacted did anyone contact the organizers back?
    They plan these events out a long time in advance and probably needed a commitment/answer soon is why they contacted another person. If this caused hurt feelings, don't blame myself, ryan, or the 327th for that matter.
    The 327th has NO problem working in conjunction with anyone, but realize this. We even said we welcome everyone, from every group and even those who can't get into other groups.
    This is the key thing!---> The contract states that we supply X number of costumed people (they need this for several reason) then if the Arkansith wants to be a part of, then this group will have to make a contract commitment to have X number of troopers there.
    Does this make sense? If it's just under the 327th as the host group, then they 327th can make a commitment of X amount that we can promise with anything else being just gravy.
    If the any group wants to show up in costume, we welcome them with open arms. If the Arkansith wants co-billing, fine. Just sign a commitment for a number of costumers to be there.
    If you don't want that, then we'll be happy to have whoever shows up and hang a banner at the booth if any members of the Arkansith , 501st, Dented Helmet, or whoever show up.

By the way, the event will be Oct. 26-27
  6. ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling

star 1
    One last thing on this, it was never attended as a slap. I was at the Twisters event (which if I remember correctly, cheap beer + football fans + being rushed off the field + sound/lighting people who don't cooperate or know what they're doing = a rough event), I understand that it may seem like a slap, but we didn't throw it. Someone contacted Nyborg per his post above, then they contacted another group. The 327th is not the bad guy. Don't feel like the FanForce isn't an important group. We're all fans of Star Wars and one group got a communication/offer and picked up on it.

We should all work together or at least I hope we can. This shouldn't be a big deal about whose name is on what, the cause it what's important. If we can't agree on this, then so be it. I'm sorry for all this conflict and did not intend to bring anything this drama.

We just wanted to make this a good event and as member of this group, I just wanted to make sure the Arkansith had a formal invite and we were welcome this entire group to particpate in a good cause and a good event.

Chase Ke Jac---Drago

End Transmission
  7. Aideon Jedi Youngling

Well, I guess this is as good a time for an introduction as any.

Hi, I'm Jason. Some of you have met me, be it at either Boo @ the Zoo, or the 327th event at the Hot Springs Library. I'm the newly elected Squad Leader for the Arkansas Crimson Nova Squad of the 501st, and I'd like to head anything like this off at the pass to foster as much communication and cooperation between our groups as possible.

Drago, if you would please get in contact with me about this whole misunderstanding so we can try and sort things out. I'd prefer via email, but any way you'd like is fine with me.
  8. ChaseKeJac Jedi Youngling

star 1
    With that being said, what can be done so we can all do this event as one big group?
  9. AGRadministrator Jedi Youngling

This thread has gotten a bit out of control. So, we are requesting that it be locked
    and we will start another one...

This is not to be rude, but to instead to let tempers cool off.

Thanks
    AGR admin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.