main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Biggest Disappointment Of Empire Of Dreams Doc.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by LordPalpatine, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetCuppinCakes

SweetCuppinCakes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2004
    The biggest disappointment was that they didn't talk about the Holiday Special.

2. NZPoe

NZPoe Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    I really love Empire of Dreams...but correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there some fiasco many months ago about the fact that Empire of Dreams was originally almost 4 hours long, but over 1 hour was cut for unnamed reasons which apparently irked the director???

3. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    I want more bloopers!!

4. Grand-Moff-Tarkin

Grand-Moff-Tarkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    I love SW, I love Sir Alec, and I love Obi-Wan. But I hate when people think that Sir Alec was *only* SW and Obi-Wan.

I know exactly what you mean. Not only was he in Star Wars but he was in some of the other greatest movies of all time: The Bridge on the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia and Doctor Zhivago.

He was definitely one of the greatest.

5. JediNdaCity

JediNdaCity Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    Oh my god, dude! You gotta love him as Prince Faisal in Lawrence of Arabia! One of his best for sure!

I don't know which role i liked him in better to be honest. Just a great, great actor!

6. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Even at 2 1/2 hours, Empire of Dreams was more like the highlights of Star Wars rather than a comprehensive behind-the-scenes look. Even producer/director Kevin Burns admitted that it was just the tip of the iceburg.

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    It seemed to slack off a little with Return of the Jedi, but that might have been due to budget things. The rest was outstanding.

8. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I really love Empire of Dreams...but correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there some fiasco many months ago about the fact that Empire of Dreams was originally almost 4 hours long, but over 1 hour was cut for unnamed reasons which apparently irked the director???

I read an interview with him and he was saying that it was cut down a bit (15 mins or so) and some of it was about the Holiday Special.
    I would think that they had to cut it because with the other stuff on the disc they'd already reached capacity. dvds hold about 3 hours I believe at good quality.

g

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.