main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Biggest mistake

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by sluggo, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sluggo

sluggo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    I'm sure everyone has a list of things they think were mistakes Lucas made he made Episodes 1-3. In your opinion, what was the single biggest mistake made in Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones or Revenge of the Sith?

Personally, I think it was killing Darth Maul at the end of The Phantom Menace. It robbed the PT of a strong, reoccuring villian. That was one of the main draws/strongs of the OT, you knew Darth Vader was always there to threaten the heros. The PT lacked this. Different villain in AotC, he was killed off in the first 20 minutes of RotS and replaced with someone else, who was killed of half-way through RotS and replaced again. Having the same villian kill Qui-Gonn, start the Seperatist movement, cut off Anakins hand, start hunting and killing Jedi, and be who Anakin kills would have been much more compelling.

On top of that he is such a cool looking character who got so much attention during the build up to TPM. He didnt talk uch and we didn't see him a ton. He kinda combined Darth Vader and Boba Fett into one character. Such a shame when Lucas killed him off.

Strilo edit: What ShaneP said. We have a myriad of threads like this.

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The recurring villain:

[image=http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_12palpatine_1.jpg]

Tada!

3. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    [face_laugh]

This thread is over.

4. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Holy cow.

...Is that you, Dan?

5. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Had Lucas allowed both halves of Darth Maul to live, we'd have twice as much of him!

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Not an Ewok in sight. What was he thinking?

7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    TPM's farting Eopie.

8. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    The Fans expecting this grand trilogy that would be the exact same one of the OT..

9. TheNewEmpire

TheNewEmpire Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2007
    The phantom menace:

Jar jar binks.
    Having the anakin character be so young.
    The casting of miss portman.
    The over use of CGI.
    Lucas writing and directing.

Attack of the clones:

the casting of haden as Anakin skywalker.
    Overuse of bad CGI.
    Lucus writing and directing.

Revenge of the sith:

Not enough darth vader screentime.
    hammy palpatine.
    forced unnecessary mutiple endings.
    overuse of bad CGI.
    Lucas writing and directing.

You know, even with lucas's scripts i can't help wonder how much more amazing the prequel trilogy would have been if ANY OTHER DIRECTOR IN THE WORLD i made shot those movies...

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    God?

11. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Yup. Long time no see. :)

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Seriously, sluggo, why not just post your Grievances :p in one of the prequel changes threads?

This just seems like another one of those.

13. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    ...More than you know.

14. sluggo

sluggo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    ya, I'm talking about a good villian. One who shows up for more then 2 1/2 minutes in the first 2 movies combined, and then when the 3rd movie comes along and gets a fight scene, its laughable (was Ian really that hard to teach fencing too?)

15. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, cause villains who wind up turning good and then dying are just !fantastic!

16. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Darth Maul's death wasn't a mistake at all. I bet you if he was in AOTC and ROTS he would be less liked and not a popular as he is today. Plus he didn't have the brain-power to do what Dooku did in AOTC.

17. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Personally, I think it was killing Darth Maul at the end of The Phantom Menace. It robbed the PT of a strong, reoccuring villian. That was one of the main draws/strongs of the OT, you knew Darth Vader was always there to threaten the heros. The PT lacked this. Different villain in AotC, he was killed off in the first 20 minutes of RotS and replaced with someone else, who was killed of half-way through RotS and replaced again. Having the same villian kill Qui-Gonn, start the Seperatist movement, cut off Anakins hand, start hunting and killing Jedi, and be who Anakin kills would have been much more compelling.

I disagree . . . completely. Count Dooku made a stronger villain than Darth Maul. Maul did not have the personality to lead the Separatists in Sidious' name. Dooku did. And Dooku was a more effective lightsaber opponent than Maul. You can only do so much with Ray Parks.

18. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    I think one of the things was that we needed a centrail villian. One of the things I liked about TPM, was how they always went back and forth to Palpatine/Darth Sidious and him doing his things behind the scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.