Clone Wars Biggest Peeve of TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A'den Skirata Jedi Master

star 2
    - Darth Maul Lives
    - The Droid Arc
    - Barriss: ''They Suit me''
    - Grievous loses to Gungans
    - Bombad Jedi
    - Season 3
    - Padme battle warrior
    Last edited by A'den Skirata, Mar 7, 2013
  2. Valairy Scot Chosen One

star 5
    Character assassination in order to build more "compelling" stories that screw other characters. Council - Ahsoka. Etc. 'nuff said.
  3. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Over-extended story arcs of inconsistent balance, resulting in just three episodes spent on the fate of Mandalore, Maul, Savage, Satine and Vizsla and four entire episodes spent on some droids' "critical mission" that is a complete and utter waste of time.
    VMeran, FARK2005, Seerow and 4 others like this.
  4. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Biggest Pet Peeve for TCW? Well no announcement for S6 yet!
  5. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    The fact that Grievous never actually seems to collect any lightsabers.

Supporting Jedi who get a single major episode or arc and stay in the background for the rest of the series.
  6. King of Alsakan Force Ghost

star 3
    - Unnecessary changes that overturned pre-existing EU material
    - Too often making the CIS a bunch of non-threatening villains
    - Droid centric episodes
    - Padme centric episodes
    - Not enough episodes focusing on fighting on the front lines
    - The absence of local planetary forces fighting in the Clone Wars
    - Above all, greatly down scaling what should have been an epic and destructive conflict know as the Clone Wars
  7. clonewarsfan123 Jedi Youngling

People are probably going to hate me for saying this, but my biggest peeve is Ahsoka being there in the first place. Anakin wasn't and isn't a master. Even in Episode III I'm not sure if he's a master. And even if he is, he couldn't have been knighted for more than a few weeks, a month at most, when he got Ahsoka as a padawan.
  8. clonewarsfan123 Jedi Youngling

[Post Removed]

Welcome to the boards.:)
    Before posting again, I encourage you to read the "Rules of The JC" located at the top of the page. -Sx3
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Mar 8, 2013
  9. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Anakin was not a Master in ROTS, the movie made that quite clear. Having Skywalker train Tano is no worse than Obi Wan being told he is able train Anakin, less than two minutes after getting knighted at the end of TPM..;)
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Mar 8, 2013
  10. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Who? :p
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  11. Vialco Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh, based on what we've seen of Grievous's abilities in ROTS and TCW those 4 lightsabers he has in ROTS are the only ones he collected. Probably got them off young Knights like Nadhar or Masters like Eeth Koth that he ganged up on with MagnaGuards.

I mean, Grievous isn't exactly a Sith Lord in terms of power, now is he.
  12. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    Grievous was a collector of lightsabers, even before ROTS.
  13. Vialco Force Ghost

star 4
    He's still a Forceless cyborg who has killed a grand total of one Jedi onscreen. And that was a Knight fresh from the Trials.
  14. GGrievous Chosen One

star 5
    You could blame TCW for that. ;)
  15. K'Kruhk Force Ghost

star 3
    The lightsabers he was using in ROTS belonged to the Jedi Jmmaar, Nystammall, Puroth, and K'Kruhk.

Kit Fisto reclaimed Nahdar's lightsaber before he escaped.
    Mia Mesharad and GGrievous like this.
  16. Vialco Force Ghost

star 4
    I totally forgot about that, you're right, Fisto did reclaim his apprentice's weapon.

Another mark against Grievous then, he couldn't beat Fisto by himself, he had to call the Magnaguards for help, at which point Fisto decided on the better part of valor
  17. El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

He's still a Forceless cyborg who has killed a grand total of one Jedi onscreen.

And a bunch more in the 2003 cartoon.
  18. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Grievous got to shine a bit in "A Necessary Bond" which gives me the segue into my peeve TCW gives so little focus to the villain type characters.
  19. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Yes, compared to his portrayal in EU material and the microseries, Grievous does seem severely underpowered. Aside from his killing Nahdar Vebb, his biggest moment of awesome was probably in Massacre, and even in that episode Asajj Ventress managed to get the upper hand on him until he ordered his droids to open fire. There is a bit of a disconnect between the TCW portrayal vs. the original microseries/EU.

My biggest peeve would probably be some of the creative decisions made to focus heavily on multi-episode story arcs on droids and some of the political episodes in the first 3 seasons. In particular, the droid arc of Season 5 with its fairly contrived MacGuffin and the fact that they could have easily resolved it in less than 4 episodes.
    QuangoFett likes this.
  20. johnrain39 Jedi Master

star 1
    No musical numbers irks me. Have someone break into song once in a while or have a musical/dance number.
    Nubbs likes this.
  21. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Not just between the TCW portrayal and the original/microseries one, but between the TCW portrayal and the reputation and credibility he supposedly has CIS supreme commander.

If he's supposed to be the Genghis Khan of the GFFA, known for his brutality and military successes, it would be nice to actually see these. If he's just a clown, why hasn't an ambitious Mar Tuuk or Lok Durd, or even an STD with a modicum of self-awareness, seized power from him? Why hasn't the CIS legislature demoted him? How is it that he's able to seize power in what is effectively a coup in the aftermath of the Battle of Coruscant? Why do Dooku and Sidious bother keeping him around?

Massacre and A Necessary Bond are reasonable successes under his belt... but they're not against the Republic. His crushing victory over Obi-Wan's flotilla in Bound For Rescue is set back severely by the self-destruction of Obi-Wan's star destroyer.

Killing Jedi would be a nice bonus, but it doesn't have to be in one-on-one combat. Perhaps it would suit the glory hound Kaleesh warrior that remains within his altered psyche (explaining his desire to deal with "Jedi slime" on his own in ROTS), but even subjecting Jedi to fates like those of Ima-Gun-Di would be worthwhile. Killing an enemy general in battle gives instant credibility, even if it isn't done personally.

I personally liked the political episodes, but S5's droid arc was beyond a waste of time. Come to think of it, it wouldn't have seemed like a waste of time had the fourth episode been cut. It would have also seemed of a higher standard overall had it ended after A Sunny Day In The Void and Missing In Action.
    CT-867-5309 likes this.
  22. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I never thought about it like that, probably because when RotS came out the Parliament didn't even exist. Considering Dooku was Head of State, the leadership fell to the next in line, Supreme Commander Grievous. No voting, nothing. This is reason the Parliament must be dissolved or destroyed before RotS, and that's certainly a tale I'd be interested in seeing.
  23. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Even if Grievous has a constitutional role as second-in-line to the CIS Head of State position, there are all these stakeholders in the CIS (the democratic legislature, the various cartels backing the Confederacy, individual military commanders) who would object to an imbecile with few military successes against the Republic on his service record becoming the Head of State. He would have to present a solid case to these people that he will be able to defend the CIS from the Republic. Napoleon Bonaparte actually had to have successes under his belt from Egypt and Italy before being declared French Emperor.

If Grievous already has his position in the Separatist government constitutionally defined, then getting rid of the Parliament before the Mustafar massacre might (somewhat paradoxically) make Grievous' rise to power less logical. A legitimate constitution would be a check against any move by the cartels against Grievous, and their constitution would have no legitimacy if the one legitimising institution of the CIS and the Separatist movement - the democratic Parliament - is removed.
  24. Darth_Foo Force Ghost

star 4
    There is one moment that, for me, illustrates all that is wrong with TCW:

In "Escape From Kadavvo" one female slave falls from the chamber and Ashoka leaps after her, somehow falls faster, and does a ninja roll land to catcher her. "Gottcha". Wouldn't it have been easier and more impressive to have Ashoka USE THE FORCE to catch her?! :rolleyes:

Its the little leaps of logic that slowly destroy what little sanity I have left
  25. Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    The Writing. Or the lack of logic within it.
    Dash Rendar's Galaxy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.