main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Biggest Plot Hole

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Sam_Jackson, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    The biggest plot hole is how the dude in the Mos Eisley Cantina earned the death sentence in 12 systems.

2. POTAStar

POTAStar Jedi Master star 2

May 26, 2001
    haha, yeah. How the hell did he get the death sentence and actually manage to escape from all 12? I bet Scott Peterson would like to know his tricks in escaping.

3. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Look at it this way, he's only got the death sentence in about 0.1% of the Empire ;)

4. Grievous21

Grievous21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2005
    Lightsabers dont put holes in people, especially on jabbas sail barge (he hits them and they fall without any marks) the stormtroopers aim is soooooooooooo bad. Leia is hit by one and so is artoo. In the 3 movies that's it. And the ewoks win!They hit you with an arrow and you die, with armor.

5. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    <<And the ewoks win!They hit you with an arrow and you die, with armor.>>

When did we see someone hit with an arrow die? You saw a scout trooper get hit in the back with an arrow, but we never see him die. In fact, we never see any stormtroopers die, only beaten down by the Ewoks. Two scout troopers die, and two AT-ST get the logs is all we see of their actions. We then see Chewie in the AT-ST and the rebels killing stormtoopers. I assume that they beat them to death and then eat the remains since they do eat humanoids as evident by the cooked Han Solo meal they were about to have when we first meet them, but that is my opinion.

But this is OT not PT.

6. DARTH-SODA

DARTH-SODA Jedi Master star 2

Jun 29, 2005
    It is definitely how in ANH ObiWan Slices a guys arm off in the cantina,and there is blood every where yet in every other PT, Limbs getting chopped off is nice and clean.

And if leia always knew Luke was her brother would she have made out with him in ESB?

7. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Actually I've got a few.

1. Stormtrooper armor, how the heck did they go from best armor in the galaxy to armor that couldn't stop rocks thrown by Ewoks.
    2. Stormtroopers in general, they were the best soldiers ever seen in the galaxy, but in the OT they get blown up by guys like Han.
    3. Star Destroyers, in ROTS they were painted red...and in the OT they're all gray.... But I suppose the Empire ran out of red paint?

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Different species, different effect.

I think by "somehow... I've always known" she meant that she felt some sort of connection to him and/or Vader. She didn't literally mean that she had always known that Luke was her brother.

Cost effectiveness? :p

What's wrong with Han? ;)

Maybe they decided they wanted a different color?

Edit: Just thought I'd post a link to this in regards to the Leia remembering Padmé discussion. :)

9. PhishMan06

PhishMan06 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    The biggest plot hole is why R2-D2,in all of the bickering that he and C-3PO do,doesnt just say "Well at least I wasn't built by DARTH VADER." But then again I guess they coould have programmed R2 to keep his mouth shut.

10. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    R2 knows how to keep quiet. ;)

11. Wrathchild86

Wrathchild86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    Leia remembering Padme is NOT I repeat NOT a plot hole[face_shame_on_you]

Yoda: If you use the force you will see many places and faces, friends long gone. Future and the past. Something like that.

If a Jedi can see the FUTURE wich is things that has not even happened yet. Why is it so damn hard to understnand that a REALY force strong person like Leia can remember a image or two and some feelings about her mother.:confused: No one has mentioned this as far as I have seen. Think about it. She was alive and stayed with her mother longer than Luke wich was removed from his mother the second he was born. She felt her precence right. A Jedi is a force strong person that has learned to controll and use the force and not been given the force as some sort of gift after putting on an robe and a lightsaber;)

Luke: The force is STRONG in my famaly. Anakin had the highest force score remember? His kids are VERY strong with it too ya know.

Leia remembering Padme is NOT a plot hole:)

THE END

12. R2QT

R2QT Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    The clone wars,

Who is the enemy? The separtists, does that mean if your planet signed up to join the republic you'd never be able to leave?

If at the beginning of the ROTS the war is almost over, why are the droid armies on planets where the indigenous populations are fighting them?? (eg Kashyyyk & Utaapu) why aren't they on the "thousands of systems" that wish to separate (presumably) helping the people fight the clones and the jedi?

Why in the world is Kashyyyk of such a strategic importance that Yoda needs to go help?

How inept is a jedi council that can't even tell that one of their members is so borderline mentally that he'd be willing to enslave the universe (personally) because he had a dream his wife might die in child birth, and was promised a "secret" way to save her. Do these guys have shrinks on their staff? How about a mandatory psychological test for all potential "most powerful jedis ever."

I don't know if these are plot holes or not but I sure as hell can't figure them out and I saw the movie twice, and probably will again, but this time I'm going to read the novel first before I go.

13. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    ^they are on the "thousands of planets" as well as Kashyyyk and Utapau, which they are trying to subjugate. Kashyyyk is not really of strategic importance, but Trandoshans with Sep aid are trying to conquer Kashyyyk and sell all the Wookies into slavery. We know the Republic is anti-slavery, at least until the Empire takes over.

And Anakin DID NOT want to enslave the universe. He wanted to save his wife and fulfill his Jedi potential. If Anakin had beaten Obi-Wan and then killed Palpatine, he would have left ruling the galaxy up to other people and stayed in the Imperial Palace "making babies" with his super-hot wife.

14. DINVADER99

DINVADER99 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2004
    It is definitely how in ANH ObiWan Slices a guys arm off in the cantina,and there is blood every where yet in every other PT, Limbs getting chopped off is nice and clean.

I've always thought that had to do with the alien's species.

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Yoda: If you use the force you will see many places and faces, friends long gone. Future and the past. Something like that.

Which is something that Yoda teaches Luke , not Leia , and it is Luke who says he has no memory of his mother.

She was alive and stayed with her mother longer than Luke

Not in the movie I saw . She dies straight after giving birth to Leia. If your logic was true (and I certainly don't find it believable) then Luke should have the better memories since he was born first .

A Jedi is a force strong person that has learned to controll and use the force and not been given the force as some sort of gift after putting on an robe and a lightsaber

I don't remember seeing Leia learning to to control and use the Force, I saw Luke doing it of course but he doesn't have memories of her mother . So your theory isn't holding up too well .

Leia remembering Padme is NOT a plot hole

THE END

Nah, this will remain one of the most contentious issues as long as SW is discussed. Not THE END, this is just the beginning!

g

16. magicfann

magicfann Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    I think this is a plot hole, lightsabers are supposed to cauterize wounds no matter what.

17. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Actually, this thread should only be used for PT plot hole discussions. For things like the cut-off ANH arm or being wanted in 12 system being a possible plot hole, that should be discussed in OT.

18. R2QT

Jun 12, 2005
    [quote=jangoisadrunk]^they are on the "thousands of planets" as well as Kashyyyk and Utapau, which they are trying to subjugate. Kashyyyk is not really of strategic importance, but Trandoshans with Sep aid are trying to conquer Kashyyyk and sell all the Wookies into slavery. We know the Republic is anti-slavery, at least until the Empire takes over.

I don't doubt anything you just said, but Yoda does say something like Kashyyyk must not fall, and if Kashyyyk is one of few planets selected from the thousands (where war is taking place) to be shown in the film, shouldn't the audience have a clue as to why? I think if Yoda is so concerned about slavery maybe he ought to have gone and bought Anakin's mom and tried to let this kid have a normal childhood.

I think you missed my point about Kashyyyk and Utapau. Let's assume the Seperatists want not only to "separate" from the republic but to subjugate other systems. If the war is winding down wouldn't they have assumed a defensive position by this time instead of still being on the offense. Even General Grevious and the separtist leaders are on an unfriendly planet (Utapau) why in the world are they not on one of the systems that wants to separate??

And Anakin DID NOT want to enslave the universe. He wanted to save his wife and fulfill his Jedi potential. If Anakin had beaten Obi-Wan and then killed Palpatine, he would have left ruling the galaxy up to other people and stayed in the Imperial Palace "making babies" with his super-hot wife. [/quote]

Well, this point is certainly debatable after listening to Padme & Anakin talk about politics in AOTC, but I never said he wanted to enslave the universe I just said he'd be willing to help it happen, via Palpatine. As far as killing Palpatine, then how would he know how to save Padme from dying, which I thought was the entire reason he killed all the jedi in the first place?

19. PhishMan06

PhishMan06 Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    I think the issue of Leia remembering her mother will end whenever the entire saga is released on HD. Lucas will probably cut parts of that scene to make everything fit better. And I believe it is a plot hole and Lucas probably knew that he was making a hole when he finished ROTS but didnt care because Padme's death made the film more dramatic.

20. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005

Well, this point is certainly debatable after listening to Padme & Anakin talk about politics in AOTC, but I never said he wanted to enslave the universe I just said he'd be willing to help it happen, via Palpatine. As far as killing Palpatine, then how would he know how to save Padme from dying, which I thought was the entire reason he killed all the jedi in the first place?
    [/quote]

Who said the war was winding down? I did not hear anyone say anything about the war being close to ending until BOTH Dooku and Grevious are killed. The deaths of the top two agents of the Sepratist cause are why the war is winding down. It was NOT winding down at the beginning of the movie. You must remember, since they haven't seen the movie, they don't know it ends in 2 hours. :) As far as many Seps and Reps are concerned, the war is nowhere near ending.

Yoda didn't try to rescue Anakin's mom because the Republic had no jurisdiction on Tatooine. Just because Yoda is all powerful, doesn't mean he doesn't have to abide by the law. How does Yoda know Shmi is a slave anyway? At what point would that have come up in the course of Anakin's studies? I think since the Jedi are against all emotional attachments, then Anakin's mother would be a taboo subject among the upper echelon Jedi Masters. If they are concerned about his mother, then what hope do they have in trying to make Anakin forget about her?

Finally, I meant that if Padme had accepted Anakin's "Join me and we can rule the galaxy as husband and wife" proposal (that is, kill Palpatine AFTER he "saved" Padme), I doubt Anakin would be the same kind of ruler Palpatine was. I think he would be much more moderate, and keep the Senate intact to rule while he lived the high life in the Imperial Palace with his beautiful wife.

21. Jandekian_Overlord

Jandekian_Overlord Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    "A young apprentice of mine by the name of Darth Vader betrayed and murdered your father." -- Obi-Wan Kenobi, A New Hope

It's a metaphor, folks. METAPHOR.

22. Cebas03

Cebas03 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2005
    This is not a plot hole. In episode six Obi-Wan (The coolest character) tells luke that "your father was seduced by the dark side of the force. he ceased to be anakin skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened the good man who was your father was destroyed. so what I told you was true. from a certain point of view" so all obi wan did was lie to luke.

23. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    THE BIGGEST PLOT HOLE IS GREEDO SHOOTING FIRST!

24. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    No, it's a change that you disagree with. It isn't a plot hole. ;)

And I tend to agree with jangoisadrunk about the Jedi and Shmi. The Jedi wouldn't worry about her because she was Anakin's one attachment, and therefore needed to be taken out of his life (from their point of view). I'm not saying they made the right choice in hindsight, but they felt it was the right choice at the time. They wanted to teach Anakin the ways of the Jedi as close to the book as they could, and if they allowed him that attachment they would be straying from that path.

25. R2QT

Jun 12, 2005
    Okay, I'm going to try to rephrase this in a way that we cannot get sidetracked.
    What is the goal of the Separatists in ROTS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.