main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Bikers vs SUV

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ezio Skywalker, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
  2. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Why would there be a thread?

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe if you post it in the Goooo Science thread?

4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It could go in the Hating Humans thread.

5. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This story is actually getting pretty disturbing. The press is reporting that one of the cops riding with the group may have helped smash the Range Rover:

6. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Well, he was undercover. He had to make a judgment call in a split second about what he was going to do. When they dragged the guy out of the car and started kicking him, that would have been a hard moment; the cop had to know the guy might be killed. But when they were just pounding on the SUV, he might have thought that the guy could get away by just driving off.

7. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    Did you read the quote? It says he allegedly took part in the actual attack on the Range Rover himself. He also waited THREE DAYS to report the fact that he was there.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    On the vehicle, yeah. I could see that. He thinks he's gonna go pound on the vehicle with the others and then the guys gonna drive away and nobody's hurt and he hasn't blown his cover. Has it been said that he took part in the attack on the person? Cause that would obviously be out of line.

The delay in reporting that he was there is troubling and kind of puzzling to me, I will say.

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    You're being very generous.
    My guess is he was pounding on the SUV because he wanted to, it wasn't any kind of cover maintaining action. He would have reported it immediately if it was. Also, it's not like refusing to attack a vehicle (who's owner could be packing) = declaring you're a cop. Especially in all that mayhem, he could have just shouted encouragement, etc. and not actually broken the law himself.

10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Well it looks like his cover won't matter anymore considering....it's all on TV that he's undercover.

11. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I like how Gloria Allred is involved cause the guy who ran over him owns a Range Rover Sport. Otherwise if it was a ford explorer you know she wouldn't have been there. Plus the guy that got run over hasn't had his license since 99. And wasn't going to get it back for another few years. And he never had a motorcycle license. I hope they arrest him when he gets out of the hospital.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Who knew bikers were stupid, violent thugs?

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Well I've watched Sons of Anarchy, so I'm viewing OMCs through rose-tinted lenses (which I got to help me not think about how breath-takingly stupid Sons of Anarchy is as a show).

14. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Those are different bikers, SOA are motorcycle clubs. Not the gangs of rice rockets that speed and dart thru traffic.

Kiki-Gonn likes this.
  15. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    yeah Ender Sai these are the type of "bikers" less readily identified with the working class so i guess you can save it

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Fair call. I mean, after all, the cosmetic differences between say Ruff Ryders and an OMC are substantial in nature...

17. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
  18. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That's gotta be awkward.

"I'm placing you under arrest."

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm placing you under arrest!"

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  19. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Honestly, if it weren't for all the other strange factors in this case (like the off - duty/undercover cops being involved), I'd have probably lost interest in this story when Allred got involved. She's nothing more than a leeching attention seeker who only gets involved in cases these days if it'll get her mug on camera.

And it might be awhile before the guy that got run over is out of the hospital considering from what I've heard, his spine was crushed when he got run over, among other things.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I've got my spine, I've got my orange crush

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I do not know who this Gloria Allred person is, but judging by the context in which she's referred, I've developed no desire to Bing her.

Maybe I'll Google her, though.

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This is almost surreal. Or maybe it is?