main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Billie Gates is Not My Lover: The Xbox 360 Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Handmaiden Yané, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Welcome 2 pi fans! I mean, 360 fans...welcome! :D

This thread is for general discussion of the Xbox 360 console-opinions, backwards compatibility, game recommendations, questions, etc.

We've come full circle ( :p ) with the one year anniversary not too far away so it's interesting to see how it's been doing. With an exciting line-up this holiday season and next spring and a new array of accessories coming out, I think it's doing quite well. :D

[b]Important Radians (Links, darnit, links!)[/b]
    [ul][li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/23955024/]Essential Xbox Titles[/link][/li][/ul]
    [ul][li][link=http://boards.theforce.net/games_videogames/b10005/19670159]The Next-Gen Trilogy[/link][/li][/ul]
    [ul][li][link=http://www.xbox.com/]The Official Xbox Website[/link] [/li][/ul]
    [ul][li][link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666344p1.html]Backwards Compatibility list from IGN[/link][/li][/ul]

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/MarcusP2/jackson.gif]

2. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
  3. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I am so psyched for Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Assassin's Creed. :D

I'm hoping that the 360 will drop in price pretty soon so I can pick one up for myself. :)

4. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Are they set to come down for christmas?

The PS3 delay in Europe is good for MS, but bad for buyers, since there won't be as much competition driving down prices this christmas.

5. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I don't know, but that would seem to me to be the right time.

6. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Damn you Guitar Hero 2. With your downloadable songs and awesomeness you may force me to get a 360.

7. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I heard about Guitar Hero 2 coming to the 360...it's been confirmed then?

8. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I'm planning on buying a 360 sometime next year. Games like Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Banjo Threeie, and the Half-Life bundle (Yay Team Fortress 2!) leave me no other choice.

9. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    My [image=http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c392/anakinsockwalker/2pi.jpg] is collecting dust right now since I have no time to play....so many difficult classes this semester. And next as well, seeing who teaches this one class next semester. :(

10. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I love that picture. :p I take it that it means 360 in nerdy math terms?

11. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    Be sure to buy one of those base cooling systems with it. It only costs around $20. If your buying a core system, the hard drive costs around $100. If you don't have X-box live, you can also burn a patch on a blank Cd in order to upgrade the backwards compatibility of your 360.

12. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Lost Planet looks like a pretty good game too. [face_thinking]

13. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Pretty sure it comes out as 2 pi, though I can't be bothered working it out :p

Bioshock, Mass Effect, may induce me to get this thing once prices drop. GH2 is a good one, but the controller looks bad for my left-handed self. I prefer the classic Gibson SG.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The 5 titles Zac mentioned, plus the 5 or 6 XB titles that caught my eye, will likely draw me into picking up a 360 after a pricedrop (though I'm guessing that'll be at least another year since the 360 doens't have to worry about pricepoint against Sony or Nintendo, and M$ will want to ride the full price through the inevitable Halo 3 sales spike, then drop it afterwards).

15. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm really looking forward to Lost Odyssey, too. :)

My dream game on the 360 is KOTOR 3 with a Jade Empire-esque combat system. [face_love] I doubt it'll ever happen... :p

16. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    jade empires combat was too easy :p

I'd like to see more party AI like that of Sudeki, which was a highlight of the game, you could keep control of one character and your allies wouldn't start dropping like flies.

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    But it was soo fun! It was like, thrilling! Amazing!

In other news, a new Star Wars game has been announced on the 360! Click here.

18. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I LOLed. Pretty good Photoshop work.

19. Anakin_Sockwalker

Anakin_Sockwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    IIRC, it is in radians... :p

20. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I had to pick up a 360 for NextGen NHL 07.

I traded in pretty much my entire library of PS2 games to get a good 200 bucks off the price. Was a bit hesitant, fearing that i'd regret jumping the gun like this (i had sworn i was gonna hold off till the first pricedrop), but honestly I've been quite pleased with my purchase.

When I picked the system up, i also nabbed "Call of Duty 2", "Elder Scrolls: Oblivion", "Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter". System also came with PGR3 for free.

Of the games "Ghost Recon" was by far the most impressive. "Call of Duty 2" was the one I played nonstop till I conquered it. Fun game, but I've since traded it in.

I fear that the days I'd be able to properly enjoy a game like "Elder Scrolls" are now behind me. I just don't have the time to devote to a game like that, anymore. I can't bring myself to trade it back in, yet, but I think i'm going to soon.

I played PGR3 once, it was pretty but I think that if you've played one of these Gran Tursimo-type games, you've played them all. It got traded in at the first opportunity.

Recently picked up "Lego Star Wars II" and "Dead Rising", along with "Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle-Earth II".

Sadly, "Lego Star Wars" was quite dull. The Lego thing was cute for about the first 20 minutes of the first game. I thought maybe it was just because it was the prequel trilogy, but I literally fell asleep while in the middle of a game of "Lego II". That's just...never happened before. It was exchanged for "Lord of the Rings". That, along with "Dead Rising", look to be very solid games.

On the sporting front: i picked up "Madden 07" and "NHL 07". Both are alot of fun, but EA didn't include the ability to Fantasy Draft. What are they THINKING? That lack of Fantasy Draft had me exchanging Madden once NHL came out (Madden satisfied my sporting fix till the sport i really care about came along.)

I'm eagerly awaiting "Gears of War", "Call of Duty 3", "Splinter Cell 4" and "Lost Planet". "Assasins Creed" looks cool, too, and I'm still hoping that "Mercenaries 2" gets an official announcement soon that it's gonna get ported to the 360.

21. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow, looks like you're quite the gamer, Drew. :) I'm really happy that your purchase was a good one. But the part about trading in all those PS2 games make me wince. :p

22. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Haha, well, i held onto SOME of my PS2 titles (like the GTAs and the Metal Gears and the Silent Hills.) There were a fair number of games, though, that i just was never even gonna look at again. Figured now was the time to get SOMETHING for them.. (there were also a couple of DS titles tucked in that trade-in, too. Like (This one is for SOONTIR)....PHOENIX WRIGHT :p)

To be honest, sometimes it really surprises me just how much of a gamer i still am. I don't really think of myself as one, but even now i'm sitting here looking at my previous post there, and i'm thinking "holy crap, i've played alot of 360 games in the 1 and a half months i've owned it!" :p

23. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I wish I had more time to be a better gamer. :(

24. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Okay, so Assassin's Creed is out first quarter next year? Looks like that might be when I pick up a 360.

25. DDL

DDL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2005
    I've been thinking about trading in some of my games, and possibly my Xbox, to upgrade to a 360. Probably won't happen until February next year, which is when we get our Christmas bonus. ;)