VIDEO Billie Gates is Not My Lover: The Xbox 360 Discussion

Discussion in 'Games' started by Handmaiden Yané, Oct 17, 2006.

1. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Finally ditched my 360, after 5 years of loyal service. The relationship was doomed ever since I got my gaming PC, and I've hardly touched the 360 since then. I decided to sell it to raise funds for a new PS3, since it seems to have more non-PC exclusives than the Xbox.

I'm still on Live though (Games for Windows Live), so all my friends on there don't have to delete me. :(
  2. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Besides, then you can play MMOs on your PS3 and sit in a compfy chair in front of a TV :p
  3. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    I've had two 360s since my fiancee bought me a 360s for Christmas. I've had my Halo 3 edition 360 since...well, since Halo 3 came out, so it's pretty old.

I'm thinking of trading the older 360 in, but trade in credit for older 360s isn't even worth it anymore, is it?

I'm fairly interested in getting a PS3, if only for the free networking and the blu-ray.
  4. zacparis VIP

star 7
    I've never liked playing games on comfy couches or chairs. I have to be "engaged" to play games, and sitting that low down just doesn't work for me. I've always gamed at a desk, be it 360, PS3 or PC. But don't worry, I have a comfy desk chair. :p
  5. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    Cheers buddy, that stops me cursing at microsoft somewhat :)

Time to hunt them down on PS3
  6. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It'd be worth checking out with your local game stores. I have the Halo Reach edition 360 and it's worth £200 or so trade in and about £300 or so on ebay. Considering I paid £250 for it new that's very good.
  7. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Was playing MK on my older Halo 3 edition 360 today and was about to beat the game as Cyber Sub-Zero when everything crashed. My 360 no longer starts up. Sometimes it doesn't give a signal to my TV, other times it starts up but freezes at the Xbox logo. Sometimes I get 2 lights on the power button, sometimes I get no lights.

I have a brand new 360-s, but since the 360-s isn't compatible with hard drives, I need to find an older 360, insert my old hard drive to it, and then transfer the files to a flash drive so that I can then move them to the 360-s.

Ugh.
  8. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I think you might be needing this instead.
  9. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Hmm will that work even if I can't turn my old xbox on? Also, my 360s only has 4gb, whereas the old one had 20. Will the transfer cable let me pick and choose what files to transfer? I just want my ME files really
  10. Darth_Furio Force Ghost

star 7
    Yes that cable will work. You take off the Hard drive from your old Xbox, turn on the new one, plug in the cable then the old Hard Drive. Your new Xbox will see it and then you can trasnfer whatever you want. I did this. [face_peace]
  11. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
  12. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Almost anything you want. Some games won't let you copy save games over, like Fable II for example. [face_frustrated]
  13. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    If it won't let you copy then try moving. I know ME2 won't let you copy save games but you can move them. And yes, there is a big difference.
  14. zacparis VIP

star 7
    I tried everything, it just wouldn't budge.

Never mind, my Xbox is long gone anyway.
  15. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'm playing Black, and original XBox game, and I'm having a slight issue. The game is widescreen but the picture is stretched the wrong way. It's stretched to fill the screen vertically and it's narrowed too. Any suggestions?
  16. ImpKnight Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    If anyone wants a Gears 3 beta key for the last week, I have one. PM me.
  17. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    Last night I was downloading and trying a bunch of "Indie" games demos

My gawd, I can't imagine anyone ever paying for any of those. SOOOO stupid

One was just like a Facebook "what kind of person are you" quiz. WTF
  18. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    This week's deals seemed to be pirate themed, which is cool. I like pirates.

Anyone got 'Age of Booty'? I got the demo and it seemed like fun, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting the full game or not.
  19. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    So, I saw that Hulu Plus is now available for Xbox Live (along with other devices) and was wondering if any of you have tried it out yet.

Basically, I want to know if it will eliminate the need for a DVR in my house as the DVR provided by our cable company kind of sucks.

My fiancee needs to watch new episodes of Glee and the Real Housewives of New Jersey as soon as she comes home from work, for example. So does anyone know if Hulu Plus will provide streaming content the same day that the content airs on TV?
  20. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    And this is why I'm buying a Kinect. :D
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    That actually looks like a neat motion-controlled update to the NES game.
  22. DarkEagle Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone know if the Kinect voice-tools (voice-commands in ME3, the voice Bing search, etc etc) are usable without a Kinect? i.e. by using a headset instead?
  23. ImpKnight Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  24. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    No.
  25. Jedi_Johnson Force Ghost

star 5
    Nope, my understanding is that its the hardware in the kinect that processes voice commands and then passes to the 360.