main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Billie Gates is Not My Lover: The Xbox 360 Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Handmaiden Yané, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I have a Xbox 360s 4GB currently with 2 4GB flash drives inserted. I just added a third flash drive (8GB) into the third port in the back of the unit. However, when I go to the Memory menu, only two drives plus the 360s memory unit show up.

If I remove one of the three flash drives, the other two appear in the menu (so nothing's wrong with the new 8GB flash drive). Is there a problem with my 360s USB ports, or does the 360s only access 2 flash drives at a time?

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    If all the flash drives work in combinations of two in all the ports then it's probably that the 360 doesn't support more than two flash drives.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So I've heard the new dashboard upgrade is causing all sorts of problems, including not allowing people to connect to XBL or even as far as bricking the console itself. I was fortunate to read that bit of news before downloading the upgrade this morning so for the foreseeable future I guess it?ll remain offline. Is anyone having any such troubles and are they as bad as reported?

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I've seen some talk of slowdowns on older models.

Oh, and the new UI is an unintuitive, busy cluster**** but it's not like what it's replacing was all that stellar to begin with.

EDIT: Couple of folks on /v/ are saying they got an RROD post-update.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm hesitant to give an in depth opinion either way, but there are a few things I'll mention quickly. It starts with the current game in the drive ready to play so I just have to press 'A' instead of going through the menus. Quick Launch is just below that too, which is good for downloaded games you've played recently. Not sure I like the Inside Xbox bit but it is all together now, but then it was together before. Other than that it is new and it is different. I don't know if I like it or not but I do know that I don't hate it. And I've had no problems with it either.

6. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I'm all fine, though I have a 250gb model.

Update went on sweet as. Was confused at first as I had no ethernet connection, then I find out the other half unplugged the cable from the router [face_talk_hand]

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It's going to definitely take quite a period of adjustment to get used to the new layout...it's a completely new design. I try to avoid forming opinions over which format was/is "better", for the simple reason that it doesn't matter, because whichever one you preferred, the new layout is what we're all stuck with now.

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I agree with most of that, but if enough people do have problems with parts of it then they might change it. They did add the 'homes' things for premium themes, which was good. Personally I'd like to see the list of friends scroll one at a time instead of four at a time. It's just a little thing I know, but if they did that then it'd be great.

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    So I take it none of you are experiecing hardware failures? Is it safe to d/l the wretched thing?

10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Go for it. Admittedly I have a slim so the odds of it going wrong for me were...slim.

11. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    So far I ahve no issues with RROD(and my box is notorious for it). Also no issues with the new UI layout, maybe i'm still bedazzled by the "Ooooh a new look."

I did however have to redownload every "app" as thier calling it, such as Zune Marketplace and Netflix.

Also...how the Kriff do i get my xbox to STOP telling me when a person starts playing a game? I don't care who is chaning to what game at what time. I must have had 15 "Your friend XXXXXX has started playing Halo Reach/Gears of War 3/Modern Warfare3" popups while trying to watch a movie. No Es Bueno. [face_frustrated]

12. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    The only problem I encountered was a temporary inability to sign in to Live. But that was fixed after redownloading my profile. Speaking of which, redownloading everything kinda sucks.

I agree that the UI is too busy. I liked the very first 360 UI. Simple, user friendly.

That said, I'm excited about youtube and was also excited about having a browser, but it seems that the bing browser can only search for games or music...laaaame.

Anyone trying out epix or the other film apps? How do they compare to netflix or zune?

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, having downloaded it, I like that it defaults to the Disc. Finally. Now if they'd just figure out that the giant box shouldn't be for their ****ing news feed.

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    All the way to the right is 'Settings', then it's preferences -> Notifications -> untick 'Show Notification'

15. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Agreed. That big ****in' box would be better served for the actual game disc. The news feed can go hang for all I care.

About the only thing that excistes me so far is the YouTube coming soon notice. About damn time if you ask me.

16. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    Skyrim feels a lot more glitchy after I got the new Xbox update. Not sure if there's a real correlation, anyone else having problems?

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Why did no one tell me that the original Prince of Persia was up on XBLA? It seems like it's an HD remake but if it's still the same great platformer it'll be epic. I'm downloading it now. :D

Edit: yeah, I was right, it's an HD remake of the old original. I only ever got past the first level once or twice and it's so much better with the game pad. Well worth 400 MS Points.

Also, one thing I noticed about the new dashboard is that when I downloaded it I had the option to play the demo straight off. Before I had to go through to the game library and start it from there. This is so much easier.

18. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I'm not happy that the party mode on netflix was taken away.

19. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Sucks not having broadband at home. Now whenever I turn on my Xbox I'm slapped in the face with CONNECT TO XBOX LIVE.

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Just rented my first movie on the zune marketplace. Anyone else use this?

21. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    QFT. I used it quite often.

22. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I never used it. What's the difference between that and simply starting a party and watching a movie together?

23. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I think that was one of my first purchases when I got an xbox.

I had downloaded the original from somewhere which I used to play on my first laptop, so getting this version was awesome!

24. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Main thing is not having to worry about keeping it synced, buffering, etc.

25. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Is it generally cheaper to buy a hd movie from the zune marketplace than on bluray?