main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billie Lourd (Connix) in Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by cerealbox, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Little Ray Sunshine

Little Ray Sunshine Jedi Knight star 2

May 2, 2016
    Hum, fairly close to Ford and Fisher in Jedi.

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    True. A little less actually (13 years different vs. 16 years between Carrie and Harrison). Of course part of the reason why that dynamic worked, although not the only one, is that Han and Leia came across like more or less equals despite their age difference. Leia was wise and mature beyond her years and was a natural-born leader, whereas Han had something of a childish streak despite being older. And they could verbally go back and forth. So it worked.

We don't know nearly enough about Connix to know if it'd work with her and Poe the same way yet of course.

iluvkoalas and jaqen like this.
  3. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I'd say Poe definitely seems younger than 37. In universe, isn't he supposed to be only about a year older than Kylo, who is 29?

dekaneas and iluvkoalas like this.
  4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Poe is officially 32.

5. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
  6. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Yowza! (In a completely respectful and non-objectifying Male Gaze sense, naturally...)

A little warning before sudden images like that in future please, Matt. I nearly fell off my chair.[face_blush]

MattOrgana likes this.
  7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Hopefully you didn't break your coccyx Connix in the fall.

I'll be here all week. Try the moof milk!

ColdLazarou likes this.
  8. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Did Carrie post that herself? Because if so, that's hilarious.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  9. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    She did.

10. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Haha, oh Carrie you never cease to amuse me. "Here, here's a glamour pick of my daughter, isn't she gorgeous?"

Incidentally, she kind of looks a bit like Elizabeth Olsen in that pick imo.

11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Reports indicate a greater role for Billie Lourd in Episode VIII. I'm hoping we will see ever larger roles for her character, Lieutenant Connix, in the films ahead. If Disney were to make Episode X-XII......who are we kidding....when Disney decides to make a sequel-sequel trilogy, I hope she will be General Connix by then.

12. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Will one of the mods merge this thread and the one I made a couple months back?

Django Fett likes this.
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I don't know, someone posted it's all a bit raw at the moment and I find that true about anything connected with Carrie. I only hope they can give her something that will have Carrie smiling down on her...

Sarge likes this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Wonder Twin powers activate! Form of: ThreadMerge!

15. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I wonder if, in light of recent events, Billie's role gets expanded in Episode IX. It'd be under extremely crappy circumstances, but I could maybe see them doing that now.

16. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Hope she gets a decent sized role.

17. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The eerie thing is that in an interview a few weeks back, she gave the hint that she wouldn't be working with her mother anymore after VIII, (basically giving a hint that Connie is one of the Resistance casualties)

And now we have this current situation.......

JediLight likes this.
  18. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I wonder if Billie herself is interested in it, though. She will have other things to care about in the foreseeable future.

iluvkoalas and cerealbox like this.
  19. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Google search didn't help me see the other thread. Any thought to bringing back traditional search functions?

Yes, in the near future - but she may not let this tragedy lead her down a path where she never thinks about future SW roles again. Or she will. Which is her right as well.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I remember people were assuming her character had a death scene in this movie.

If she did, I really hope they can cut it without interrupting the flow of the movie much. It would seem cruel after all that's happened.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  21. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

Yeah, I kinda hope Connix survives the film now. Would be a bit too much for me at this point... :(

Also, I feel awful for Billie right now. Is there anything we fans can do to try and help show support for her and the rest of her family?

22. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Besides posting our support, there isn't much else that we can do. The main thing is to give her privacy. When she is ready to talk she will. I know for me, when my dad passed away suddenly I appreciated all the condolences, but at one point I just wanted to be left alone so I could grieve.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  24. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    I hope Billie is made to feel welcome to take her mothers seat at Star Wars celebrations in future. Would welcome and embrace her being besides Mark and co, knowing how much Star Wars meant to her mother, I think it would provide her with some solace to know shes among friends / those who connected with her mother (and vice versa) the most.

Darth Matthew Twihard likes this.
  25. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I really don't understand this. Death is not something to be ashamed of. If Leia passes away in VIII, and it's well-handled within the story, that's just fine.

Here's to a proper filmic send-off for Carrie.