main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Billy Dee on TV!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dork-Vader, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Did anyone catch Billy Dee Williams on 'That 70's Show' this week? He played the church pastor and marriage counselor. Eric and Donna go to see him and he and Eric end up talking about- you guessed it, STAR WARS! It was pretty funny, and a cool nod to Billy Dee/Lando.

2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Aw, man!!! I hate that I missed that!

3. DarthToddy

DarthToddy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2004
    I'm sure Fox will repeat it soon....mostly on Mondays do they repeat "That 70's Show"!!! It was great, Eric has finally realized what "THE Force" is in real life....watch it again and see if you catch it ;)

4. TK_1427

TK_1427 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2003
    Yea I saw it too. I was laughing my a** off. Eric is a big Star Wars freak like us. Almost every show there's a Star Wars reference.

Chuck

5. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    'Angel' and 'Buffy' have a lot of SW, Batman, and Spidey references, too. I always dig it when I get the insiede geek-jokes! A lot like when William Shatner and John Lithgow did 'The Twilight Zone' bit about both 'seeing someting out on the wing'.

6. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I know it's a lil late to tell everyone that Billy Dee was on the 70's show, but it won't be the last time you can see him on Fox 13 this week. According to the GMM producer ( Good Morning Memphis )...........they always have an interview with someone cool or interesting that has to do with some up and coming event. We have had some semi-popular guests before, but come Friday morning they are having Billy Dee Williams himself....yes ole smoothie #2 will be live at my place of employment.....To bad I got to move that day, but seriously consideringgoing in early to meet Mister Williams!!!!! Cool huh?!!?!?

7. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    What's he doing in town?! Is he going to be anywhere where we could get an autograph or picture with him? I've got to head out of town after work but could delay my departure a bit if I had a chance to meet him.

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah, really. Any chance Billy Dee would be up for a cold Colt .45 with the SMT?

9. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    I don't know about seeing if he would like to meet up for a drink later that night, but hey I can ask. Also, if any of you are willing to spend their 7 am - 8am time friday morning being at the Fox 13 studios and wanna meet him...then lemme know by tomorrow night....as of wednesday night I'm checking the posts and then breaking down my computer for the move. You wanna meet me up there, then I'll get you in to meet him in studio....possibly a tour of 13 afterwards if you want...but I can't stay to long afterwards I have to get busy moving........so lemme know. Plus if he says yes where you guys wanna meet him? Rendevous downtown or somewhere else? I'll ask...ya never know....maybe I can convince him if I tell him SMT will treat as long as we can take a few photos and a few autographs...hell I'll ask ya never know!!! Lemme know if you wanna meet me @ the studios of Fox 13....485 S. Highland

John

10. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    You bet your bippy I'm up for it! Especially since I live just down the street. I can't stay too long either since I'll have to get to work. Leslie here is taking that day off.

Hey, you guys(and gals)want to make him an official honorary SMT member? I can do up a certificate...

11. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Ooh, ooh I want in on this. Where is the fox building at and where at the building will you meet us?!

12. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Tim- the Fox building is on Highland between Southen and Central, across from the Highland library near the U of M.

John- where do you want to meet? Oh, Kev said you could crash Thursday at his place, which is a block away from the studio on Southern. I'll PM you his contact info.

Lin

13. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Ok Tim come on.......find the studios....@ fox 13 485 S. Highland!!!!! If you can find highland you can find the studios.....call me @ work tomorrow around 6:10 pm...........320-1306 and I'll get you directions or meet me there after 6 so you can find your way there. Otherwise be there around 7am and come to the lobby at the front of the building and ask for me ( John Todd) He sould be there between 7 and 8.....not sure what we can do with him since he does have to do the interview, but I would think we could @ the least get our pictures made or receive and auto graph or 2. Find out some info on the play he's doing and see if we can get some tixs to it ;)

John........PS tell Kevin THNX and hope to see him to morrow night!

14. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Groovy. I'll probably swing by Kev's in the morning and head over with you guys. Went looking for something for him to sign today. Couldn't find my 8x10 if him, Vader, and Boba Fett, but I'm just going to bring my Visual Dictionary. It's got 2 pages on Lando.

15. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I'm going to have him sign my SW Encyclopedia and maybe a Lando TCG card if I got one.

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I kinda doubt I'll make it, guys. (You know that I turn to dust if sunlight hits me before 7 am.) If anyone wants to get him to sign a Colt .45 bottle for me, please do. And get some pics and do something that makes him an honorary member if you could, please.

17. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I will see what I can do- he will join us or die, my master...

Well, ok- maybe not die...but I'll sneeze on him and that'll make him sorry!

18. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I just got the SMT certificate done. I had to run back by work and re-print it. I had sized it for 8x10", but the mat opening is a bit smaller. I'm off to put it with that and the frame- and grab a couple hours of sleep before heading down to the station in the morning.

19. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Ok- John, TimC, Kevin, and I got in to meet with Billy Dee this morning. Kev got some good shots. I'll try and post one later.

The SMT now has its first honorary member!

Thanks, Darth-Toddy!

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, John, for making this happen. I can't wait to get the pics up on the site. Wish I could've been there, but I barely made it to work this morning as it was.

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    I hear ya! Times like today I miss not having to be at work until 10am!

22. Smokem_Alien

Aug 2, 2002
    I think we should all join in a rousing chorus of 'for he's a jolly good fellow' for our good friend dear John. Or maybe not, anywho, a big thanks to the big guy for getting us in. It was incredible to be able to meeet Billy Dee. I also had a lot of fun checking out the studio.

A big thanks to Kevin and Lin for clueing me in to the Cartoonist group. I had a blast last night hanging with those guys. Lin, awesome job with the SMT certificate.

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Thank yuh, thank yuh veruh much! Feel free to stop by Rp's on the first Thursday of each month. Good to see you and Mike there last night, and glad Shane and Adam got to run into each other. Wish Antone could have made it...

Yeah, John- thanks again for the Billy Dee hook-up! I owe ya a 45!

24. DarthToddy

Jan 22, 2004
    Man it was great....just glad we got what we did get an auto each and a few pics.....Kevin rocks...big thanks to him for all the pics!!! Anytime you guys wanna come by and get a tour of the place lemme know....I'll be glad to show you around an intro duce you to anyone there,,,,,Steve, Claudia or etc.

John

25. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Hey- I've already met TOM!

Wouldn't mind meeting the news desk girl again..!

Thanks again for the tour. I loved being able to watch the show from the upstairs windows. Your new 'office' was cool, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.