main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    So instead of giving more screen time to Rey (our main hero) or Kylo Ren, Finn, Poe, we bring in more characters just because. Billy Dee Williams doesn't even look like Lando anymore.( sorry guys) Time to move on.

MaciekRS likes this.
  2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    YES awesome news .....I have a good feeling about this......& Lando won't die , don't worry ......Han & Luke were like sacrifices .....there's no need for Lando to sacrifice himself !......

Roosterq and Cave of Erised like this.
  3. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Do you have grand parents, do you have great grand parents, does your grand parents have brothers and sisters???

Well if you do how would you feel if someone said "we want to move on" and kill them off?

4. Cave of Erised

Cave of Erised Jedi Knight star 2

May 3, 2018
    One of Lando’s primary character traits is that he survivor. He is a good guy , who is willing to go into the fray, but he also looks out for himself. I don’t see him as the sacrificial type; it would be more fitting for him to be the survivor of the OT.

chris hayes and TadoFett like this.
  5. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Also how exactly does BDW NOT look like Lando anymore? Because he's more than 30 years older than when he last played him? Because Donal Glover just played him as a much younger man? Because he's not wearing a cape?

6. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    I guess they're bringing him back now for 3 reasons:

1) So they can put him on the teaser and sell the movie
    2) Since the original idea for 9 was it to be Leia's film (as 7 was Han's and 8 Luke's) and she is gone now they need him to continue the OT legacy.
    3) The phrase "based on characters created by GL" needs to make sense as there would be only 3po and r2 left

I am happy he's back

TadoFett likes this.
  7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Ludicrous.

8. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Maybe Lando has a connection to King Prana.
    *Gasp* What if "King Prana" IS Lando?!!

9. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    He still does, he's just older. He voiced Lando perfectly in Rebels and Battlefront 2 so I think he's going to do a great job.

10. Qui_Za_Miokl

Qui_Za_Miokl Jedi Master

Nov 14, 2008
    Lando isn’t a white man so he will probably be safe from Disney’s agenda.

chris hayes likes this.
  11. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Oh good lord, there is no agenda by Disney. Not against men, not against white men, not against white people, black people or any other sort of people. It is simply ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What about smurfs?

13. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    Well, that's different. Everyone has an agenda against Smurfs. :p

Darth Smurf and The Dark Night13 like this.
  14. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    None of us has any idea how much screen time any of them are getting. Mark Hamill didn't exactly take screen time away from anyone in TFA.
    (Also, why are you apologizing for BDW supposedly not looking like Lando anymore? Did you have something to do with that?)

The Dark Night13 likes this.
  15. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    But fortunately Lando looks exactly like BDW.

16. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Sorry, but racists don’t get away with things here the way they do elsewhere. Now that you’re exposed, let’s see how long you last.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You are not safe from our agenda.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I imagine Lando will affectionately refer to the Falcon as "my ship" - maybe we'll get the sense of a special connection, as a vague reference to SOLO - but he won't claim ownership. It's been Han's ship for decades and is now in Chewie's hands, where it belongs.

...unless Lando turns out surprisingly greedy and wants the ship back no matter what.
    Possible subplot?

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  19. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    Shouldnt the Falcon technically belong to Lando now anyway? With Han gone,the ship should belong to him since it was Han who won it off him,not Chewie.Rey should certainly not have a say.I dont like the way she simply assumed command of the falcon once Han was gone and Chewie having to follow her orders.Could be an interesting scene to play once Lando comes back into the picture '' Thanks for looking after MY ship,Chewie,ill be taking her back now....Rey who? Nope never heard of her and she doesnt own my ship either ''.

20. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I've definitely missed the part where Rey assumes command and Chewie has to follow her orders.
    And I never nod off while watching movies.

Strange.

21. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Indeed. He didn’t hold any malicious grudges about the Falcon/Han relationship in ROTJ.

Lulu Mars likes this.
  22. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m excited about this. If also increases the likelihood of getting some more scoundrelly underworld settings, which I’m always in support of.

23. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Any speculation when Disney will make an official announcement? Any conferences upcoming? Thrilled to have him back.

24. AAA_Tarpals

AAA_Tarpals Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2015
    Victoria Mahoney, the second unit director, basically confirmed Billy Dee Williams was returning to play Lando in 9 on twitter a few days ago but I do look forward to seeing the casting announcement soon

25. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I could see Lando’s role being pretty small but also very emotionally effective specifically if they somehow connect his story to Leia. Leia throwing the resistance a lifeline by way of Lando helping them out could make the audience feel Leia’s presence in the film.

themoth and Lulu Mars like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.