main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheLateAdmiralPiett, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I can't believe they left out Nighthawks, long before Gibson and Glover in Lethal Weapon there was Stallone and Williams and they were up against Rutger Hauer too.

I don't think Carl Weathers is at all similar to Billy in acting style, one's a physical performer and the other is far more laconic.

Siphonophore likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I was joking

Django Fett likes this.
  3. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    After sampling Keith Emerson's soundtrack work (Keith Emerson at the Movies on Amazon), I really want him to score LANDO: A Star Wars Story. But, sadly, Keith is no longer with us.
    They could complete the trilogy with CHEWIE: A Star Rrrrrawrs Story.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  4. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    If they brought Lando back then they would automatically kill him in episode IX. Not sure if there is a pattern
    Episode VII- Han dead
    Episode VIII- Luke dead
    Episode IX- Lando dead

5. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    [/QUOTE]They could complete the trilogy with CHEWIE: A Star Rrrrrawrs Story.[/QUOTE]

This is the best thing I've read today.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Darthur C. Clarke likes this.
  6. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

Shaak Ti and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It makes sense to bring in Billy Dee, now. The Resistance will need to regrow and someone like Lando could get involved, again.

themoth likes this.
  8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Main characters die in Star Wars films all the time, not just in the ST. It’s nothing new.

9. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    If billy see has a cameo or small part in Solo -- then I can see this happening. As lando being Leia's contact in the outer rim

10. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    Oh no. No old Lando + young Lando like old Spock and young Spock!

11. seattlemusicnerd

seattlemusicnerd Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2014
    He doesn't have to be playing "old Lando". He could be conductor on the train (whatever it's called) or something. Kinda like Dan Ackroyd playing a taxi driver in the Ghostbusters reboot.

12. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    If there was ever a way to easily slide Lando into the story, it would have been on Canto Bight in TLJ, or towards the end of that film. At this point, I don't know if makes any sense to have him appear in Episode IX, especially with Han and Leia basically out of the story.

During my first viewing of TLJ, towards the end when Leia is hoping to be rescued by some allies, I had a brief moment where I was like oh $(#)!, are they going to sneak Lando here at the end as the rescuer of the resistance? Alas, no. I already knew Billy Dee Williams wasn't in the film, but for a split second I thought I'd be treated to a nice surprise. That also just seemed like an easy way where they could have had in him incorporated into the story.

wobbits likes this.
  13. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    Is Lobot still alive in the current canon? If you have Lando, you have to have Lobot, otherwise who is going to bring him a beer?

Rodie likes this.
  14. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    so I guess if JJ has a script he knows whether or not Lando's in it.

Maybe he should just say now that he isn't and put us out of our misery.

15. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    If Lando is in the film, I think it'll be kept as a surprise cameo, much like Yoda's appearance in TLJ. I'm sure JJ or KK will get the question prior to the film being released and if he's in it, they'll play coy and won't confirm or deny.

ChrisLyne and seattlemusicnerd like this.
  16. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    To have Lando be a main in the Solo movie and to not have him show up or mentioned at all in 9, especially for the newer/younger fans, would be pretty disappointing. I think he will show up as a surprise, like a cameo, or in the teaser trailer.

17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Anyone thinking Billy isn't up to playing Lando should take a look at his appearance at the Black Panther premier, damn it he looks like Shaft's father.

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    To not have Lando in the ST at all, especially given Han and (probably) Leia's deaths, would feel really weird. Like he was Han's best buddy outside of Chewie. If he's still alive, then he should make some kind of appearance (and if he's already dead, then mention that in the films so that people know).

19. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    Do you have a link? I couldn't find an image of this

20. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I definitely think surprise cameo (or at least surprise until the teaser trailer) is the way to go. It doesn't have to be a big, story changing role, just something to show he's still around and helping the heroes where he can.

21. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    It's disappointing to me that they gave Denis Lawson to reprise Wedge a call (and who ultimately turned down the opportunity) but never considered Lando--aside from the "He would be great, but...[enter random excuse].

22. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Sorry, I saw it on TV.

23. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Well, auxiliary material has shown that Lando knows Maz as well as Han did.

24. littlewaves

Apr 19, 2008
    are we talking Lego themed auxiliary material here or is there something else?

Also we may still get a surprise but it doesn't look like Maz is part of the Han Solo movie.

Really why did they bother creating her character? I mean they introduce her as this influential figure from Han's past and then we get nothing more?

25. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    We need more Lando, make it happen JJ.

themoth and Darth Smurf like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.