[bin Laden] 'It's only a question of time'

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by ObiWan506, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    (CNN) -- A new audiotaped message purported to be from al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden warned Americans that plans for attacks in the United States were already under way.

"We have seen explosions in many European countries. As for similar operations taking place in America, it's only a question of time. They are under way, and you will hear about them soon," said the message, which was aired on Arabic-language network Al-Jazeera Thursday.

CNN could not immediately confirm that the voice in the poor-quality audiotape was that of bin Laden.

CNN.com
  2. insineration Jedi Padawan

I think that the U.S. could get attacked at any moment at any time. I think the U.S. society takes life for granted whereas its really not.
  3. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    True.

Anyone else think this is crediable? bin Laden obviously has done this in the past.
  4. ShiriKeiCelisoe Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It might happen. All I know is, I have a bad feeling about this... No, literally, I do.
  5. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    I don't remember the nature of his other messages, but isn't this the first time he's said that attacks are "soon".

I think in the past his other messages talked along the lines of "one day America will fall" or "attacks will begin one day". All of that being unspecific and general. But this latest message seems to have a more specific meaning, no?
  6. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Can you edit the title and put in 'Osama Bin Laden' in there for easier searching?
  7. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I'm worried beyond belief about another attack, but I've been that way since 9/11, so this tape doesn't really change things.
  8. Andalite-Bandit Jedi Master

star 6
    Easier SEARCHING, the true iDEA!

I am not too worried. I am sure terrorists are planning attacks. They've been planning them before 9/11, and i'm sure the danger has only increased since we decided to invade two middle eastern countries. Unfortunately an attack is bound to happen at some point, but it is best not to worry about it all the time.
  9. DarkJediLord Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't need to be worried because I live in England, but I think he'll launch attacks in Amercia soon, something like car-bombs, nothing major like 9-11.
  10. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    That's what we thought fore 9/11 as well. We didn't take it that seriously and lost countless lives.

But I do agree, worrying won't help anybody. Hopefully those illegal (Yeah, I said illegal) wiretaps come in handy for Bush.
  11. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Until something is done, we'll have to live in fear. That is the 21st century.
  12. Jedi_Master_Ryokono Jedi Master

star 4
    well, that's that.

*moves to Easter Island*
    at least I'm safer here.
    :p
  13. Andalite-Bandit Jedi Master

star 6
    No you absolutely do not need to "live in fear." That's a silly way to go about your day.
  14. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I agree. Living in fear isn't going to change anything or prevent an attack which may or may not take place. All it does is stress you out.
  15. kenwastinger Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If there is another serious attack, America's response would be unprecendented in it's brutality.

16. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    But of course as always they decided to put it out there anyway, without verification.

After all, why supply hard facts when you can real them in with fear, right?
  17. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    The article has been updated. They added this:

"CIA intelligence officials who analyzed an audiotape threatening attacks on the U.S. believe the voice is Osama bin Laden."
  18. Padawan716 Force Ghost

star 6
    I think it's more a question of Bush and the government doing things right, rather than a question of time.

19. Darth-Horax Force Ghost

star 6
    I would pay $$$ to see a monkey pee in Bin Laden's ear.
  20. Falcon Chosen One

star 9
    wouldn't we all [face_mischief]

back on track

if Ladens done his homework, superball weekend would be a good time to attack

July 4th, New Years Eve at midnigt just to list a few.
  21. Headphonekenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    That's not happening so it may be time. He's nation building and the back door is wide open.
  22. chiss_man Force Ghost

star 6
    Of course we could be attacked "soon." I didn't need bin Laden to tell me that much.
  23. Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Most likely.

And Falcon, stop giving them ideas. :p

24. Padawan716 Force Ghost

star 6
    exactly.
  25. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    As I asked above, is this the first specific threat he's given us so far? Before all his tapes were unspecific saying things like "America will fall one day" and all that crap. But this is the first specific ("soon") time frame threat, no?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.