main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[bin Laden] 'It's only a question of time'

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by ObiWan506, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    your right, [face_thinking] this is the first specific soon instead of one day America will fall.

2. Pina_Coladas

Pina_Coladas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    I know it's a serious subject, but that was funny. [face_laugh]

3. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part -- deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --

THE PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is -- really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission.

Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is -- as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide -- if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means.

From here.

Bottom line: Bush is a butt-head.

4. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    what we are all doing now is what super tool bin laden wants

worrying and stressing out over this,

and if it wasnt for bush, super tool bin laden would be sitting on his high horse in afghanistan with no worries, instead of running for his life and hiding like a coward like he is now...I'm sure we would have been attacked again if we wouldn't have went after him in afghanistan...him being on the run now is a big part of why we havent been attacked

and if it wasnt for mr clinton, this bin laden would be locked up...remember he let him go?

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Because its Bin Laden, it should probably be taken with some degree of seriousness, but OTOH he always says that attacks in the United States will come "soon" and don't come at all. This is probably just posturing, but I freely admit that I could be wrong.

6. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I'm not stressing or worrying at all. But I think he carries a little bit of credibility when he starts making specific threats.

We didn't listen last time.

7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Honestly the problem with most Americans, myself included, we've fallen back into that American nutshell pre-9-11 of nothing can happen to us here. We don't take the warnings serious because honestly everytime you turn on the news its something new everyday. Oh the terror threats changed, oh theres anthrax. Something diffrent everyday. Which after awhile you get hard and cold towards it all. And it'll bite us in the ass, and we'll be ready to give them terrorist what for, one more time just like before.

~PK~

8. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    If we get attacked then we get attacked, there is really no use stressing out about it. Osama has been saying this stuff for years. Either he's full of crap and they'll never succeed again or he'll be persistent enough to launch another attack. It's not going to stop me from going on with my life as normal.

9. Pina_Coladas

Pina_Coladas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2006
    What do you suggest be done that's not being done? It's kind of like knowing someone is out to kill you. You can only hide in your house for so long until you have to step outside and sure enough, the very patient killer has gotcha.

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Well put. I tend to lean toward this as Bin Lading rattling the saber. Do you REALLY think that he'd actually come right out and tell us that he going attack the United States soon. I don't. He's crazy but not stupid.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    According to the article Bin Laden is also calling for a "turce". I don't think he'd be calling for a truce if there were imminent terrorist attacks coming. It sounds more like something someone who's being beaten into the ground would say.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I agree. He's made offers of truce before and I doubt any of them were sincere, as I doubt this one is. He probably wants a truce so that he can regroup and pull something really spectacular and messy again.

13. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Thanks for editing.

Yeah I am anxious.

We need a Jack Bauer! :p

14. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    apparently he wanted a truce because he heard the Keifer Sutherland was on a plane to Afganistan.

anyways, the "word" of a man who was directly responsbile for the deaths of so many people counts for absolutely nothing.

15. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    But I do think George Bush should leave the Islam alone!

16. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I've heard reports he's seriously injured or dead only a couple of days ago, so who knows what to expect. It would be foolish to take this as a "OMG we're all going to die quick stock up on gas masks and Playboys" issue - what happens, happens, and there's not much outside of your everyday life you can do about it.

17. Fox4

Fox4 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Agreed totally.

Well he is stupid for attacking America is he not?

18. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999

Hello, 9/11 didn't happen during President Clinton's terms.

19. Fox4

Aug 4, 2005
    Hello, but Clinton couldve prevented 9/11 from happening if he didn't let Osama go.

20. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Very true. You just need to be vigilant and be aware of your surroundings.

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    True, but my point was the he's smarter then to tell us where he's going to strike next.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It certainly doesn't help protect us when precautionary security measures are made global news by the media....

[face_plain]

23. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    My favorite was, a few weeks after 9/11, there was a news report showing how they could topple the Bay Bridge (which links Oakland and San Franciso). They showed where to plant the explosives, and that it was only guarded by a chain link fence. [face_plain]

24. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999

Hello, Clinton is a peaceful with Osama, but Bush isn't and that pissed Osama off!

25. Fox4

Aug 4, 2005
    Hello, what the hell did Bush do to provoke the ******* into picking a fight with us, and Clinton had the madman right where he wanted him and then let him get away so to me that is just utter stupidity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.