[bin Laden] 'It's only a question of time'

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by ObiWan506, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidious618 Force Ghost

star 6
    You mean Arabs in general? Because, so far, that's what you seem to believe.
  2. Padawan716 Force Ghost

star 6
    If you were in the army, and I had to serve with you, I would TK you, n00b.

I would TK you right in the balls.

Oops, I forgot you don't have any.
  3. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Killing Bin Laden will frankly do nothing,in fact I think it will make things much much worse.

And Bin Laden may be dead,they had doubles...
  4. sidious618 Force Ghost

star 6
    And Bin Laden may be dead,they had doubles...

What is he, a Cylon?
  5. Drac39 Force Ghost

star 6
    Actors to play him in these videos
  6. -RebelScum- Force Ghost

star 6
    That doesn't sound good...

EDIT: The OP

-The Scummy-
  7. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I bet they fired their agents after that. ;)
  8. sidious618 Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh]
  9. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    The thread title made me think we'd almost caught him...
  10. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    I heard about this news.

Doesnt scare me a bit.
    His second in command was killed and now he's worried.
    (at least I'm pretty sure it was his second in command)

He has alot of bark.
    Besides September 11th, we havent seen much to back up his bite.
  11. Padawan716 Force Ghost

star 6
    Weapons expert.

His second, Zawahiri, decided not to go out for dinner or something and evaded the attack.
  12. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    I stand corrected then.

Still, it was an important person.
  13. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    They could be be planing something right now, yes.

Will it succeed? Possibly. wil there be more attacks on the States? Almost certainly. We can't prevent them all. Will it change how I live my life? Not a whit.

Bush isn't tough on terrorism. Has the security of our harbors, our airports, the two lightly guarded borders been upgraded in any significant way? Is FEMA or Homeland Security capable of dealing with the aftermath of a major attack?

We're little better off in some ways than we were on Sept. 10th 2001, and we're worse off in others.
  14. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    If the way FEMA handled Hurricane Katrinais any indication, I'd say no. In which case I'd have to agree with you. George Bush talks a good game, but doesn't have what it takes to put his money where his mouth is.
  15. Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have to admit that I'm surprised nothing's happened on any of those if it was going to because, it'd cause a loss of moral if nothing else. It'd also create that terror that is desired.

I have to agree that we would probably see an incredibly brutal counter attack, though I'd hope that we wouldn't out do those because while fighting a monster you must be careful not to become one.

I agree, in a larger sense as this really shouldn't be a war between faiths, if anything he should stick to his rehtoric and go after terrorists as terrorists not necessarily helping to pervey an anti-Islamic stereotype that has gone around after 9-11.

From his world view, it's not stupidity to attack the US it's bravery for attacking "The great satan" that said to him it's a jihad so he would be willing to take risks that most aren't as for most it's element of survival whereas for him it's of survival and religion.

I sadly have to agree though, I'm not entirely surprised.

I overall have to agree with those that say there's a chance of another attack as there always was, but I'm not going to let it interfere with my life.
  16. R4P17DC Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh God.[face_worried]

I have to move.:_|
  17. Falcon Chosen One

star 8
    if it happens it'll happen, but I thought that the US government had cut off giving them money after the bombing in 2001, or didn't I hear right?
  18. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The content of Laden's latest audio tape seems pretty vague and very short on specifics when it comes to referencing recent events. And also when it comes to future plans.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was made during the planning stages of London / Madrid a year or so back (or earlier still) and Al Queda are just dropping in now as propaganda (Laden being extremely sick or dead by now).

As for this being Clintons fault for not taking him prisinor during his term, you do realise Al Queda is bigger than just Laden? Laden's arrest may well have made things worse, or at least accelerated teh timeframe a couple of years.
  19. DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't know, if this has already been stated in this thread, but did you know The CIA confirmed that it was indeed Osama's voice on the tape?

I heard an interesting theory todya on PBS: someone said that the US might be purposely not finding him because they know it would upset the Arab world so much. [face_thinking]
  20. LeeKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have to call the bluff on Bin laden.

If al Quaeda is in fact planning something....why the hell announce it?

He's just trying to screw with our heads.

BTW---if your force is winning...what would be the point in proposing a truce?
    Generally, its the people getting their asses whupped that ask for a truce. Like when the Soviets made the final push into Germany to take Berlin--the Nazis were flocking to the Americans begging for truces to keep from facing the wrath of Stalin.
  21. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    You're using common sense, and that's no good.
  22. BaronFel88 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    The bigger question is if Chirac really has the onions to actually nuke a country that is responsible for a terrorist attack. It's a tough statement and all, but I really don't think he would even come close to doing it.
  23. LeeKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Pfshhh.

Worst they got is biochem weaponry---transporting a host of Frenchies to the terrorist nation-state and having them all lift their arms in unison.

[image=http://dlorenzo.blogs.com/daves_blog/images/stink.png]
  24. Padawan716 Force Ghost

star 6
    Chirac used up all his nukes on little islands in the south pacific, right?

Oh well.

At least we have Godzilla to save us. And create a big mess at the same time, but he'll save us.

Eventually.
  25. LeeKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    But Mothra whups Godzilla's ass.
    [image=http://www.lewrockwell.com/rogers/mothra.jpg]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.