main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Biographies Section!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sinrebirth , Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  2. Cronal

Cronal Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2009
    Very interesting. The Grand Moff seems to be the second Grand Moff mentioned since there was another Grand Moff in the Battle of Bothawui timeline video. An impressive career for the Imperial. I quite like the fact that Satele Shan is Grand Master and it seems somewhat fitting. Plus, final confirmation that she is indeed Bastilla's descendant. Nem'ro is... well ok. Nothing that interesting about him really. But still, nice to see this biography section.

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Nem'ro is my new best friend. :p

4. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    One of the Aurebesh passages on Satelle's page reveals that she secretly has a son. I wonder how this will play into the story campaigns for Jedi characters. Will there be a flashpoint where a Knight/Consular will have to decide whether to out the Grand Master or keep the secret? One wonders how they could setup consequences for either choice that had a direct affect on the player.

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I believe the Aurabesh translations reveal: Satele is Revan's descendant, Satele's mother was exiled by the Jedi, and Satele has a secret son.

I wonder if she's going to be set up as the TOR equivalent of Darth Vader.

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    A female stereotypical Vader figure? Never had that before. :p

7. KraytDragon_Killer

KraytDragon_Killer Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2009
    the info about Revan in Satele page is interesting [face_batting]

8. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    The new additions to the biographies page are interesting. Darth Malgus looks pretty bad.

9. Corpseslayer

Corpseslayer Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2009
    I think he looks pretty cool!

10. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I meant "bad" in a good way. ;)

11. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Well her mother was exiled from the Order which could cause her attachment issues, just as Anakin was deprived of his mother when he was freed and she remained a slave on Tatooine. Also, she's the youngest Grand Master of the Jedi Order, just as Anakin was the youngest to ever sit on the Jedi Council. Lord Baras tries to show the hypocrisy of the Jedi when Satele's master betrays the peace and tries to attack the Sith, just as Palpatine tried to argue the Jedi were hypocrites from trying to remove him from office. The idea is alluded to that Anakin may have been created by Darth Plagueis, and Lord Baras is attracted to the prospect of turning Satele as she is a descendant of Revan.

I simply see similarities between Satele and Anakin and wonder if she is going to become what Anakin should have been, and make the right decisions. Or if she is going to fall as Anakin had.

12. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
  13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    But, more interestingly, as nobody really cares about politicians and pirates...

[linkhttp://www.swtor.com/info/holonet/biographies/darth-jadus]Darth Jadus[/link]... I'm thinking Jacen + Caedus = Jadus, for some reason. Yet that seems to have nothing with the character. How curious.

14. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    A Judas reference, perhaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.