main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bios on A&E

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Skywalker1138, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Don't forget, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher & Mark Hamill biographies are on A&E all this week! (I heard even George Lucas' may be on)

2. jedi_kiss_rock_

jedi_kiss_rock_ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    kool
    thx
    jedi kiss rock

3. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks for pointing this out; I probably would have forgotten all about them!

According to aande.com, the schedule for this week is (all times Central):

Monday, 8:00pm - George Lucas: Creating an Empire (2 hrs) [Repeats Tuesday, 12:00am]
    Tuesday, 7:00pm - Biography: Mark Hamill (1 hr) [Repeats Tuesday, 11:00pm]
    Wednesday, 7:00pm - Biography: Carrie Fisher: Princess with a Penl (1 hr) [Repeats Wednesday, 11:00pm]
    Thursday, 7:00pm - Biography: Harrison Ford: The Reluctant Hero (1 hr) [Repeats Thursday, 11:00pm]

If I remember correctly, the George Lucas and Harrison Ford shows are repeats; Mark Hamill's and Carrie Fisher's are new and hosted by Samuel L. "BMF Mace Windu" Jackson himself.

-SJ

4. TwilightJade

TwilightJade Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    oh! i'll have to watch those if i've got time to do so. thanx!

5. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    George's was on last night--tonight's Mark Hamill's at 7 pm CST. Looking forward to it, except that Smallville's having their Season Finale already and it's at 7 CST too! Anyone taping Smallville? I've got to record A&E over this one this time--argh.

6. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I think A&E can easily take precedence over that stinking pile of blasphemy called "Smallville." But of course, that's just my opinion.

I'm looking forward to seeing Hamill's bio tonight. I don't know much about him aside from Corvette Summer, Guyver, Time Squad, and Star Wars of course.

What alot of people don't know is that in addition to Mark Hamill providing the voice for The Larry 3000 in Time Squad, Buck Tudrussell is actually voiced by Carrie Fisher. Crazy coincidence, eh?

Was anyone else amused by Sam Jackson hosting last night? I only wish he'd put a little more animation into his cue card performance...

7. SkyJammer

SkyJammer Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Just tape the repeat of the A&E biography at 11:00pm tonight. Problem solved.

Actually, looking at Zap2it.com, Smallville isn't on until 8pm. Even better, no conflict, unless you want to watch Gilmore Girls at 7pm.

-SJ/Who has watched a handful of Smallville eps, think its a good show, but for some reason hasn't made it a "Must Watch" on Tuesdays. Now Buffy on the other hand....

8. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Those of us looking forward to Buffy the Vampire Slayer's season finale are in quite a pickle! 7-9!!

9. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Thanks for making that note--it's 50 minutes to 7 p.m. right now and I'm totally psyched! I'll watch Mark Hamill Bio & Smallville back-to-back! :D

10. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Mark's bio opened doors I thought I already opened and knew about; I didn't realize he was driving the car the day before shooting more "Eight Is Enough" but I thought that he was in the back seat of the car with another driver... I also thought Mary-Lou and he got married before A New Hope was released--but I heard it was 1978 not 1977. I also learned that he was trying to get Tom Hulce's part in "Amadeus" the movie, after he played a great role of "Amadeus" on broadway already but someone didn't want to "type-cast" him--WHATEVER, he SHOULD have got the part!!!! Anyway, best to Mark and in I admire your talent and "have-at-it"!!!

[hl=yellow][b]!!!!MARK ROCKS!!!![/b][/hl]

11. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Mark's biography was really good! I never knew he did THAT much on Broadway. It was really interesting to see how much he's done. And I want a shirt with the "Corvette Summer" logo on it!

12. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I loved that bio. I want to go and find Black Pearl now, and I'm not even much of a comics guy. Slipstream looks interesting too, but I've heard so much bad flak about it. I've always loved Corvette Summer.

It would've been nice to have seen Hamill in Amadeus. I can't fault Tom Hulce for that, though. He gave an excellent performance in his own right. Still, the lack of logic and intelligence shown by Hollywood weasels is really sickening sometimes, and this is yet another example.

13. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    You're right that Tom Hulce did a great performance, but I still wish I could have seen Mark do it on Broadway, and knowing that Mark tried to get the movie part afterwards makes me wish I could have seen another version of the movie "Amadeus" with him in it.

"Corvette Summer", "The Big Red One", "Slipstream"... all good movies, but not blockbusters. I have "The Big Red One" in German and English, and in the American version not only does Mark act in it, but he narrarates it too. In "Slipstream" he's the bad guy--it's cool to see such a transformation. In "Corvette Summer" you see him without a shirt, so for us girls it's alright.

I met Mark in 1995 when he was promoting Wing Commander III, and I wrote a whole few pages in my journal about it--one day I'll have to recollect and bring it out here. It was a great time.

Supposedly Mark has family here in WI, so he's out here more often than he is other locations for visits. While I lived in CA, he made another appearance here (which Mirrax went to) for instance.

14. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    I know Corvette Summer by it's less widely known subtitle, "Annie Potts For Sale".

15. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    If anyone missed it I have the Mark Hamill bio on tape.

Idea for Fan Film:

Create an A&E "Biography" on Luke, Anakin, and OB1.

16. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Nothing is more fun than making "mockumentaries"! I'd be in for that - course, none of us really look like any of these characters...

Well, except me - I'm oft-times mistaken for Ewan McGregor...

;)

Jeff

17. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    ...only at dimly lit bars at closing time I'd guess...

:)

18. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Or summer camps for the blind.

Jeff

19. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Seriously though - usually the Biography talks to family members and friends. They actually spend very little time talking to the actual person. THat would work rather well.

<start creative juice pump>

20. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Jeff -

Ewan McGregor might be a weeeee bit of a stretch. However, if I ever feel the need to do a mockumentory of my brother, I'll give you a call. You two are a spittin' image of each other.

M

21. Zepo

Zepo Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    An "mockumentary"fan film project is an excellent addition to the list of things our club can do.

And lot's of fun. :)

I know people that have done fan films in the past (complete with lightwsabers, etc.). I think we'll have the technical know how to do it.

22. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    That would be SO cool! We could make a bunch of those too. Luke, Anakin, Han, Leia...it's endless! Even the droids! How much fun would that be. I love the idea. :D

23. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    [image=http://www.yhec.org/2000%20Events/enid_gallery/Thumbs%20Up.GIF]

The Kenobi approves.

24. Skywalker1138

Apr 7, 2002
    Carrie's bio just was on. What a tragedy and yet a success in her life! Quite a story!

25. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I didn't know she was married to Paul Simon! That was a shock. Her book "Postcard's From the Edge" was fantastic. If you haven't read it, I suggest it. It's great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.