main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BioWare/Pandemic Merge Does it = KOTOR3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_FattyAss, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_FattyAss

Darth_FattyAss Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    Well BioWare and Pandemic have recently merged. I was wondering if two companies with close ties to Lucas Arts might lead to KOTOR 3? Here's to wishful thinking.....

The Article can be found here http://www.gamespot.com/news/6137143.html

2. DarthMaul32

DarthMaul32 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2005
    makers of battlefront and makers of alot of great rpg games, um probably so. If the game is made by both of them, it will be a very great game. But bioware isnt really known for making sequels

3. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    And yet they made one of the greatest games ever as a sequel.

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    ...you're talking about Baldurs Gate 2, right? :p

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Bringing in Pandemic for KOTOR3 makes no sense. Unless they were going to make it an action RPG. Which they better not.

6. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    Why not? I like that idea. A great story like KOTOR, combined with good action! =P~

7. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    This is weird to me. Battlefront 3 will benefit from this more than a KOTOR 3. With this Pandemic can now use KOTOR content to use in their BF3 game, assuming that there will be one. That means that instead of just CIS, Republic, Rebels, and Empire factions. There can also be Sith and Old Republic factions along with their ships, skins, weapons and everything. So there could possibly be a Taris (Space), Star Forge (Space) and other battles. Heros could include people like Bastilla and maybe Malak.

As for KOTOR 3, I don't see how or why Pandemic will even be needed in this.

All I know is that LucasArts better not do us like Sega/AM2 did their fans with the Shenmue series....

8. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I think everyone is missing the bigger picture. They are now both part of a company owned by Bono.

BONO.

Can a U2 game be far off? Will we be able to save the world as The Edge? WILL THERE BE BEANIE POWER-UPS?!!

9. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    KOTOR IS AN RPG. BATTLEFRONT IS A FPS/ACTION GAME. PLEASE DO NOT BLUR GENRES UNLESS YOU ARE WARREN SPECTOR.

10. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    QFT.

11. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Who said anything about Battlefront? Maybe he could be talking about Mass Effect, which is an Action RPG game. Since Bioware never really worked with a Action title, maybe Pandemic can come in and lend their support with that game.

Who knows, not much has been revealed about this as of now. Maybe some more info will come out in the later months. But for now, we can only speculate.

12. Lord_Quintus

Lord_Quintus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2005
    I'm not aware of Pandemic making any rpg titles in the past. Would be kind of wierd if you ask me.

13. Darth_Muffins

Darth_Muffins Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Bioware sucks. It took them forever to come out with a stupid download for Xbox. Not only that but Load Times was unbelievable....especially for an Xbox game. And KOTOR 2 did not improve the Load Times at all.

I don't have a problem with Load Times except that there are too many of them and they are too long in the KOTOR series.

In Kotor 3 there needs to be either:

1. fast load times

2. Same load times but alot less of them

3. One large load at the beginning of the game and no more loads for a while

The Load Times almost killed the game for me in KOTOR. And I only played KOTOR for 30 seconds before realising the load times are the same and I was not going to be dealing with that anymore so I returned KOTOR 2 to blockbuster.

14. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Your biggest problem with KOTOR 2 was load times?

You're one of those people who complain when their gold studded PSP clashes with their diamond coated Escalade, aren't you?

15. Darth_Muffins

Darth_Muffins Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    No. And load times was my only problem with KOTOR 2 because I only played KOTOR for 30 seconds before returning it to blockbuster. Other games have very quick load times....take GTA for example. GTA 3 and VC has one large load when the game starts...but the loading is very fast when switching between the 2 cities.

There is no reason why KOTOR 2 should not have had fast load times....except that the devs were lazy. As we head to the next gen consoles Load times should have already been very fast in games or no load times at all. Lazy developers is all it is.

When you have to go from place to place and then back to the same places, slow load times are what can kill a game like KOTOR 2. I dealt with KOTOR load times but I just could not handle the load times in KOTOR 2 especially when the devs could have made load times better but instead got lazy and did nothing to improve loading at all.

16. Darth_FattyAss

Darth_FattyAss Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    Well Muffins I'm sorry to hear that you suffer from ADD, maybe you should consider Ritalin or Quaaludes. The truth of the matter is that although I'll concede the load times were long at times, in the end you missed an amazing game. In addition, BioWare didn't make KOTOR 2, Obsidian did.

17. Mazter_Yoda

Mazter_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    I know Obsidian did....wich is why I think the load times were not improved. They only took the KOTOR system that Bioware gave them and added a new plot and many new features. However, they should have updated the load times.

Anyways, I rarely play RPG games so that could be it. I usually player fast paced games and other types of games. It is probably cause I am not used to slower paced games wich take time and effort to get done....infact, in KOTOR I did as little as possible....Each time I played I hardly did any side missions except for a few.

Anyways, you have to admit that load times could have been updated and made better. Xbox can certainly load almost anything fast.

18. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    actually I found that the load times were faster for me.
    Maby your X-box is just slow. Kotor load-times took awhile, but Kotor 2 times were alot better, IMO.

19. Mazter_Yoda

Nov 5, 2005
    Well my Xbox is kind of old....and it has a Phillips drive wich is not the best drive for Xbox....samsung is the best. So that could be the problem.

20. SithDudeRBF

SithDudeRBF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Maybe perhaps Pandemic could make a Mandalorian Wars game...that would probably only be cool to likes of us.

21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Obsidian did work on the load times, which never looked very long to me in the first place...

There were much larger areas in this game than in the first one, which led to less loading.

22. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Fisrt thread I've actually read in months. I see now why I stoped reading them. ;)

Rich I agee with Marcus ST[H]U

23. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    muffins, it wasn't obsidian's laziness that made the load times huge, it was lucasart's insistence on getting the game out as soon as possible, hence why there was also a load of content deleted

load times in KOTOR 2 were definitely longer than KOTOR 1, even if the areas were bigger..

BUT the load times in KOTOR 1 weren't that bad. but if you play a game for 30 seconds before judging it, what do you want?

Why should the xbox be able to do it faster? you needed a high end pc to play it when it was ported, and pc's own xboxes, the only way to do it faster would be to use the xbox's hard drive and use swap files, which it may have done anyway, explaining why it didnt come out on pspoo or gamecube

24. Mazter_Yoda

Nov 5, 2005
    Yea....I remember Obsidion promised Download Content and some other Live feature but when it came out we got nothing. Anyways, 360 should be able to load very fast or no loading at all so I am looking forward to KOTOR 3.

I had an Idea for KOTOR 3....they could make sort of an Online Enabled cantina or store that people can visit. The game would not be Online Multiplayer but whenever you need to sell or trade something you can go to this Online Store and sell/trade with other people. You also sell/trade game saves. The money used is not real....only credits from the game. Don't know how they would implement such a feature but it would be a cool feature.

You could also take bounties from people. Lets say someone wants something that you don't have....you can sign a contract with him/her and then go find whatever he/she is looking for and then sell it to him/her.

You could also auction off stuff like an Ebay. You can also leave seller/buyer feedback so that way if they cheat you then that affects their reputation...if they don't cheat you then leave good feedback so people know to deal with the dealer next time.

Now, people can create new characters and start the game over if they have bad feedback. However, Lucas Arts can counter that by not adding the feedback to the character but to the gamertag using the character...so they can not reset the feedback unless they use another gamertag.

Also, lets say there is a character in the game that someone does not like but is busy doing missions. He/She can hire you to hunt down this character and kill him....then you collect the characters I.D. and then go back to the cantina/store. When your client accepts the I.D., the info is updated to their game so that the character you killed for the bounty in your game is also dead by you in their game.

25. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    errr.... what logic is that you're working off? If it takes full advantage of the 360's capabilities then it will have loading times. only if you want it to look like kotor one and two would the loading times be smaller... blimey.

as i said, the reason so much stuff was cut was because LEC were too pushy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.