main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BioWare/Pandemic Merge Does it = KOTOR3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth_FattyAss, Nov 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    There is not enough Bono talk in this thread, and far to much discussion on load times.

So... about the BioWare. I hear it makes games. Perhaps even RPGs.

2. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    1. Bioware didn't make KOTOR 2, Obsidian did

2. It wasn't Obsidian's fault that the game had long load times, it was LucasArt's fault for rushing Obsidian to have the game out by December 04 instead of the Spring 05 that was planned.

3. Like I said before, it is a bit too early to figure out what was the motive of this merger. Who knows, it probably has nothing to do with games but more as an inside thing, like money and opportunity. Also a Bioware/Pandemic game doesn't mean that it'll be Star Wars, it could be something totally different.

3. Mazter_Yoda

Mazter_Yoda Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2005
    I think Lucas Arts needs to get a new developer. Obsidion sucks cause they promised DLC wich they lied.

Bioware sucks cause it took them like a year to come out with a stupid map.

4. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Okay, Bioware developed the best Star Wars game of all time if not one of the better RPGs of all time. They created other legendary games such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. Bioware is also now in development of a Action RPG title for the 360 called Mass Effect, which will be a 3-part trilogy on the 360. But yet they suck because it took them a year to come out with a map?

Sounds more like personal problems rather than relevant problems.

5. Mazter_Yoda

Nov 5, 2005
    KOTOR being the best game of all time is an opinion...not a fact. It took a year for Bioware to create 1 map while other devs come out with many maps in just a few months. Not only that but the map was not that big. Infact, some may say that Battlefront is the best star wars game of all time....Battlefront is the best selling star wars game of all time so far.

Anyways, I am moving on...maybe you should too.

6. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Well I'm going off of review scores, insider opinions, gamer surveys and other aspects that prove that KOTOR is the best Star Wars game of this Generation, 2000-Present. All I'm trying to prove is that just because BF1 was the best selling Star Wars game of all time, that doesn't mean it is the best SW game of all time. Explain why it got lower review scores than KOTOR. Also Explain why when I did a thread asking people what did they want more....BF3 or KOTOR 3, explain why about 95% of the people in that thread said KOTOR 3.

Now to get back on topic, I'll quote what I said earlier....

7. Mazter_Yoda

Nov 5, 2005
    I agree that this merge probably has little to do with games...especially Star Wars games. However, this could mean big things for games like Mercenaries (hopefully there will be a sequel). Biowares experience with RPGs and Pandemics experience with action could mean some great things for Mercenaries or other games or, like you said, could mean something new....possibly some new types of games coming from them.

But I think this is nothing more than just a money thing. Buisnesses merge with other buisnesses all the time...but usually they do not change...usually it is just a buisness thing and does not affect consumers.

8. Lord-Draco

Nov 26, 2002
    Also everyone forgets about Mass Effect which is an Action RPG from Bioware. Perhaps some people on Pandemic may lend their creative minds in the Mass Effect project.

9. Darth_FattyAss

Darth_FattyAss Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    From what I've seen on the Mass Effect Forums (BTW this game will rule!) it sounds as if both companies will be concentrating on their own projects for quite some time. Currently BioWare is working on ME and Dragon Age(PC RPG) and Pandemic is busy with Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers. I wouldn't expect to see a joint venture till sometime well into 2007.

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Obsidian never ever promised downloadable content or anything that had to do with xbox-live, quite the opposite actually. It was made pretty clear that KOTOR II wouldn't have any downloadable content.

11. Mazter_Yoda

Nov 5, 2005
    I read somewhere, before KOTOR 2 was released, that Obsidion not only said KOTOR 2 would have DLC but they even said that they would release content faster than Bioware...they even said that there would be another Live feature (possibly Live Aware). And I know this because people were even always talking about the Live DLC and the other Live feature in the Xbox.com forums. And many, many people were dissapointed to find out that there was no live features at all....people were even making threads asking stuff like "where is the DLC option located in the game?"

But anyways, I did'nt know that Lucas Arts made Obsidion to change the release date to many months earlier than what Obsidion wanted....that is probably why they left the Live features out...not enough time to put them in.

EDIT: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0433458/trivia

Read what it says on the bottom.

EDIT 2: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/734/Star-Wars-Knights-of-the-Old-Republic-II/p3/

Straight from TeamXbox.com....

"Just like in the first game, KotOR II will be strictly a single-player game, with the added bonus of downloadable content via Xbox Live. LucasArts has promised to be on the ball this time around in regards to the timely release of downloadable content. While we can hope one day for a Star Wars Galaxies-like adventure on Xbox Live, the KotOR series will do us just fine for now. "

12. Vader_Sanders

Vader_Sanders Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    you guys get soo off topic sometimes, its not even funny anymore

13. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That talk about DLC is from the early stages of production, there wasn't any plan for it later on, nor did Obsidian say they would release DLC.
    Anyway, you are blaming Obisidian for something that LucasArts said and did...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.