main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

biped

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by hagbard, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hagbard

hagbard Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    why doen almost nobody use a biped for his charakter? that would make it far more easy to use it without a intensive preparation.

2. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Um...thanks for the heads-up? o_O If you want a biped in there why not rig it yourself? I don't see the point of complaining to the whole forum about it. If you have questions for the authors send them an e-mail but please don't post a new topic unless you're going to be more specific and do something other than complain.

3. -OC-

-OC- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    First of all, many characters available on scifi3D do have biped attached. Then it's also because biped are only available for max models. And finally, applying a biped a long and borring, and not easy at all (I hate skinning shoulders). Sure it looks easy when it's already applied and you just have to play with it.

So that's why I support DVEditor. There is a french expression saying: "On est jamais mieux servi que par soit-meme". It means "nobody can't serve you better than your-self"
    If you want a biped attached to a model, go for it. And don't forget to submit the result to Scifi 3D, so it will make the work easier for other people

4. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Actually, they are not all that hard to do on Canvas, although they do not look quite as good as max animations do.

5. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Download the FREE version of Motionbuilder and rig it yourself in a compatible format *.FBX that any app can import. It's easy. Check out the demos at the Motionbuilder site (use GOOGLE) and see how easy it is to rig something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.