main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga bipedal sentients

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by darthbarracuda, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthbarracuda

darthbarracuda Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 4, 2012
    Most of the aliens in Star Wars are either humanoid or are bipedal.

So what about all the non-humans and non-bipedals? From starfighters to even chairs, the galaxy does not seem to accomodate aliens that aren't humanoid or bipedal. How is a lamproid supposed to pilot a starfighter?

It would seem as if it is a benefit if you are a biped/humanoid. And you are at a disadvantage if you are not.

I guess when they make aliens, they make them so that they at least have a recognizable head on top, any number of arms and legs, and a torso, so that they look at least a little reminiscent of a human. This would make a someone connect more with the character. You have to admit, it's not easy to connect with a Lamproid ya know?

(And yes, I know it is said that humans were the most common species in the galaxy...)

Thoughts?

2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Survival of the fittest...

Besides, Lamproids look like sock puppets. Scatter too many around & you'll lose the audience.

3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    The straight alignment of bipedals has been shown to be a more efficient form of movement, I think.
    (Alignment: how legs are attached to bodies. Lizard legs come straight out, then bend down, forming a right angle. Dinosaur legs go straight down, like human ones. The dinosaur system is better.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.