main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bird bits UDC-VI updated with week 20 completed with pranks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 20, 2011.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Bird bits UDC VI
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: from before to beyond
    Characters: Kaagi Adin, OC?s, appearances of canon characters
    Genre: drabbles
    Summary: drabbles about my Jedi healers and more of my OC's
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.

1. Lights!

Gone!
    Jedi master Corran Horn looked this and that way and saw only a few strange luminescent patterns reflecting blue and green in the overhead lights of the hangar.
    He had been chasing a young man he had met during the Yuuzhan Vong wars. The man was ? according to him ? responsible for the prank.
    The prank had him ? after he had found a dead man that wasn?t a dead man at all but a stuffed uniform with Mujaa juice cans, ketchup and sticky gloves ? with one of the gloves glued to his hand.

?Jason has escaped,? a shining man whispered.

2. Camera!

?Spider squadron and those pranks and now I have lost them.?

?Maybe they are caught on cam,? Mirax suggested when she peeled away the first finger from the black glove that was sticking to Corran?s hand.

?Yes and hangar control should never have given them permission to enter,? Corran Horn muttered.

A second finger left his finger.

?And I should have never given them the Dejaric table to play.?

A third finger left his finger.

?The barkeep was giving them too much of Mujaa juice. Grrr. And what was in the glass? A straw with a climbing Ewok in it.

3. Action!

Beep pi beep pi
    Corran Horn grabbed for his comlink.

Beep pi beep pi
    ?Get that glove away Mirax.?

Beep pi beep pi
    The other hand was used to activate the comlink.

?Horn! What?s up??
    A fourth finger was peeled away.

?Coming after ? ouch Mirax gentle.?
    A fifth finger was peeled away.

?What? ? I will tell you.?
    A glove became detached.
    ?A Spider prank. Horn out.?

Mirax saw him running away ordering the techs to have his X-wing ready and she dropped the glove on the table.
    ?Now for some searching action!? Mirax activated the internal security cams.

4. Roll!

Burp
    ?I rolled away.?

Burp
    ?I zippered open my uniform.?

?And there he was shining and strange with the bioluminescent patterns on his skin. Commander Spanish could deceive the great Corran Horn, shielding Jason with his powers.?

Burp
    ?I helped too!?

?Yes Kevin but your indulgence in too much Mujaa Ewok juice had you almost revealing that Jason had escaped.?

Burp
    ?Ah yes but who came up with the idea to play a prank on Corran Horn??

?I did. I had to pay him back.?
    Burp

?And Corran thinking it was me had him chasing poor me.?
    ?We helped.?
    Burp

5. Shoot!

A holoreceptor activated.
    Prwiiff

An astromech databank recognised the mouse droid. There was no need to wake up his master to shoot the menace. Mouse droids were harmless.

Tip tap tip tap
    No threat either. She was covering his master with a soft comforter. But his master turned.
    Hostile?

Twiiit ifff

?Hey ? uh ? ah ? you ? are Mirax??

?Yes and you??

?Jason Guyet.?

?Jason Guyet. I am sure that your squadron mates are more comfortable.?

Twrrrt
    Prrrrt
    Wrrrrrt
    Frrrit
    Pwittt iiitt

Five astromechs responded.

?No we are keeping him company. Spiders from the same nest stick together.?

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh]

These are funny!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Fun use of the prompts

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Even when you write short your fanfics are brilliant.

:D

Thanks for your humour!

[face_peace]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ?Kaagi is stewing,? Qui-Gon whispered.

?Master Yoda knows,? Benno grinned.

?Look gleaming eyes,? Magin observed.

"Master of the apes I am not. Talented you are Kaagi Adin."

Yeah, that fun drawing again in a new yet old context. Great!

[:D]

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That picture of Yoda and the apes is great. [face_laugh]

Great developments of all the prompts. The Romance one was very touching. [face_love]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun and bittersweet mix.

=D=

9. Salacious_Drabb

Salacious_Drabb Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 24, 2007
    Oooh, a piccie! But wait. If a picture's worth a thousand words, wouldn't that take you over the 100-word limit? [face_thinking]

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I couldn?t resist using that one again.

Thank you, pictures are fun to add.;)

And more to follow. Thank you.

It can be[face_mischief] but the words count;)

Next: snapshots from Jason Guyet's adventures. And thanks to Talon Intelligence Squadron and their great characters.
    More can be found in Reunion.

11. Wings

Jason Guyet ? the rookie pilot from Blade squadron ? got his wings when he saved a pilot during an exercise. And it wasn?t his commander who recommended him. No it was Wedge Antilles who saw in the daredevil an excellent pilot in the making.

The young man had slaved the controls of the out of control X-wing of his mate to his, had instructed his astromech Iffy to execute plan B and had landed ? with the help of said astromech ? the unlikely combination in the hangar of the Hands Down.

Jason beamed when his commander pinned the wings on his uniform.

12. Unforgiven

Unforgiven, the black deeds of her father remained unforgiven by Leia until she met Jason Guyet showing her a picture of friends killed in battles against the Killik.
    The man on the picture had a strong resemblance to her son Jacen.
    She remembered Jaina telling her ?I think he became Jacen again for a second before I killed him.?

Jason told her about his meetings with Anakin Skywalker ? appearing as a Force ghost ? on Varanko.
    Darth Vader saved planets when he ordered to erase them from the star-charts. He was forgiven by his Jedi-friends.

Leia could forgive Anakin, her father.

13. Rocky
    Rocky terrain made a landing impossible and the transport crashed in the murky lake.
    That lake and the minerals suspended in the water made rescue of two Force sensitive men quite an effort for the alerted crews of the medevacs and rescue-craft.

Jason Guyet was one of the men on scene and he kept the young Marhin Adin alert and conscious by telling him about his adventures on the Hands Down and he began of course with his rookie days and meeting a famous sergeant named Floreverus Bullwinkle and the hilarious adventure that followed when said sergeant sampled his pills.

14. Titanic

The Floreverus Bullwinkle story was finished when Jason Guyet guided his patient through the double doors leading to the ER-room. He had begun a new one about Corran Horn chasing him through the nooks and crannies of the Errant Venture.

Marhin wanted him to stay.
    And Jason promised to be there in the OT to finish his story and he was continuing it when he guided Marhin into the sedation.

Titanic efforts from the Dunai elder healers could guide the few midi-chlorians left alive in Marhin?s body into hibernation.
    They were unsure if and when the midis would wake up.

15. Crash

After his work as an anesthesist aiding Marhin Adin and after some fun with surgeons in the scrub-room involving flying blue synthrubber gloves, towels, garments, soap and water and a planned visit to a swimming-pool Jason Guyet had headed with his friends Mick and Jim Kerebuy to a restaurant to satisfy his appetite.

No ?greasy burgers? and a cook giving them the advice to head to the main restaurant and Mick and Jim asking him about Talons had Jason ? after a satisfying meal ? telling about complaining Talons and more.

One story was about the crash that earned him his wings.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Nice to read more on Jason & Unforgiven -- @};-

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Now I have a song from Metallica on my mind, dear bird. Being called "The Unforgiven".

13. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Lovely drabbles. =D=

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you again

And what will the next set give;)

Thank you.

The next set is a tie-in to Reunion

16. Clue

After two days of intense research Jedi healer Kaagi Adin found the clue leading to a medicine to treat Qui-Gon Jinn.

The young padawan had in search of some veggies wandered into one of the kitchens and had during his preparation of his salad discovered a bug eating from a leaf.
    Being gentle and compassionate with pathetic animals Qui-Gon had tried to save the bug. He got bitten by the bug, collapsed in the arms of the cook Serinka and was carried by that cook to the healers? ward.

Kaagi stabilised Qui-Gon, asked for the bug and started his research.

17. Operation

Kaagi remembered that case when he started his research on dead and hibernating midi-chlorians in the restaurant of Noranan general hospital on Moniron.

He had been involved in the operation to save his son Marhin and his friend Aaqu. He had been in the operating theatre to help Aaqu. There he heard when he began the procedure to save Aaqu?s right leg that Soron Adameh had written a book about his expeditions to the valley of the Darrin.
    The valley was known as a source of minerals to make Force suppressing medicines used during procedures but had a nasty bite.

18. Life
    Life is never dull when there are children around.

Kaagi was unaware this moment. He was sleeping after being found in the restaurant, exhausted after his research.
    But Kevin, Jay and Ger not. They came to his room to show him an old book They were excited after the reading of the tale of Dagnir and Sorana telling about the discovery to treat hibernating midi-chlorians.

And Kevin and Jay ? wearing their orange fatigue-trousers ? became the centre of attention for the toddler Erindi when she saw a resemblance to her toy. At home she had an orange furry snake called Beesie.

19. Sorry

Aranella Adin observed her grandchild with a big smile on her face. Yes the trousers were for Erindi four Beesies and with the astromech grappling her toys and tossing them to the boys it was all out playful mayhem.

But she didn?t see the book ? put on the floor by Kevin before beginning his play with the girl and her toys ? becoming the next item of interest for Erindi.

Ger did. He had finished taking a blood-sample from the sleeping Kaagi and shouted ?Kevin, Jay, the book.?

?Sorry,? Aranella started to run towards her grandchild ?I should have seen this.?

20. Risk

Ger hoped that Kaagi was only sleeping and not suffering from dead and hibernating midi-chlorians. He had the blood-sample for testing and remembered the risk all had taken to save Marhin and Aaqu after their crash in the murky water of the lake in the valley of the Darrin. He had been among the rescue teams, stabilising the wrecked transport and using a dry-suit to work in the water to cut away the rubble holding Marhin in his prison.
    The dry-suit had protected him but even that protection gave him dead midis when water came into contact with his skin.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great tie in to Reunion. Thorny situation they're in. [face_worried]

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The dry-suit had protected him but even that protection gave him dead midis when water came into contact with his skin.

Pains me to hear that!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    yes and the next ten drabbles continue to be a tie-in

More is following in the next sets with various points of view.

21. Rated
    Doctor Nala Tawtee was testing the sample brought by Ger and she smiled when the midi-chlorian analyser gave only 5% dead midi-chlorians for Kaagi Adin. It was on the scale from one to one-hundred rated for easy treatment. Above 10% the Midillamin treatment with its unavoidable effects became necessary. She saw the two doctors Kerebuy readying patient Jason Guyet. He had rated 20% and was quite the protesting type but with friends and his father he couldn?t avoid the treatment.

?Thanks doctor Kerebuy and maybe he can return the favour if you test as high as him. You are next.?

22. Guidance
    ?Ger, Kaagi Adin has 5% dead midis. You can give him the medicines now if you want. Ger??
    Nala Tawtee frowned. Ger was silent. She followed his gaze and understood. Her daughter Fiona was the one meant to become his bond-mate. With Dunai and Dunai elder the right moment guided the lovers together. She saw the fledgling bond under the guidance of what Jedi called the Force and Dunai elder the eternity developing. She had a big smile on her face when Fiona gave Ger a tray with the necessary treatment for Kaagi Adin and brushed her hand against his.

23. Suggested
    Nala Tawtee had tested Alan Guyet ? the father of Jason ? and Mick and Jim Kerebuy.
    The trio rated 12%. And she asked her daughter to fetch wheelchairs but got no reaction.
    Fiona was waiting for Ger.
    She had suggested the Midillamin treatment for the trio of stubborn doctors but the three had insisted to take the easy treatment.

She had given them their injections and a recipe for pills.
    And she waited now for Ger to return and for signs of nausea. She was sure that Jason would become very nauseous very soon. But the trio got her utmost attention.

24. Caution
    ?Caution!? Jason Guyet remembered the shouted order from Jasaran Arovan when he had gone inside the wreck to help his patients. But standing for a long time in the murky water with the midi-chlorian killing minerals had been unavoidable. He had felt the water getting into his boots and the Force diminishing. With only 20% dead midis he was lucky. His patients ? Marhin Adin and Aaqu Maerhin ? had lost almost all and were now without the Force. The few remaining midi-chlorians they had were hibernating.

He sighed when the first signs of getting real sick were rippling through his body.

25. Restricted
    The valley of the Darrin was aptly named. It was a restricted area where the transport had crashed. Only doctors and rescue-workers who could work in a place where the Force was suppressed were allowed to go. They had gone to save the two victims Marhin Adin and Aaqu Maerhin and had to report to internist Nala Tawtee for testing of their midi-chlorians.
    Even the doctors and nurses who had been working in the two OT?s to save the patients had to come. All contacts with the minerals of the valley of the Darrin gave a percentage of dead midi-chlorians.

26. Sex

Mick Kerebuy grinned when he saw the lovely nurse just standing there and waiting. He whispered in his brother?s ear ?she is waiting for Ger.?

?Yes Mick,? Jim smiled. For beings with Dunai elder descendants like him a bond was formed with the opposite sex when the right time was there. He saw a blue blur ? Ger Skagal dressed in surgical robes ? rushing into the room and coming to a stop before Fiona. He listened to Nala Tawtee telling about their treatment.

?Doc Tawtee asked her daughter to fetch wheelchairs for us.?

?Be thankful that she didn?t react,? Jim grinned.

27. Graphic
    Jim wanted to turn the conversation into another direction. He didn?t want to experience the Midillamin treatment at all and had a graphic picture of ano

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great use of the prompts. =D=

Quick work too LOL

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice! @};-

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You never have any difficulties weaving the strangest words into your stories and they fit like a glove.

[face_love]

21. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?The drug induced nausea will last two days.
    Ew, no fun.

Great drabbles!

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you :) You beat me this time[face_dancing] and I have a nice story with the next set

Hazel [face_dancing] thank you for reading

No and the next set is again a short story.

No but the pilots will get their distractions in 'Reunion'. [face_dancing] Thank you.

The next set is again a tie-in to Reunion
    I used these prompts, connecting them in a story
    UDC 1 week 8 Shattered
    UDC 2 week 20 Future
    UCD 3 week 18 Knight
    UDC 4 week 19 Forever
    UDC 5 week 2 Flashback

31 Shattered
    ?When angry, count to ten, when very angry, swear.? This proverb was going through Jasir Ere-Dun?s mind when he neared his village with his uncle Jesin Er-Mun and his friends Lindan Sawaya and Elois Majina.
    He had been on a hunting trip ? taking pictures of the wildlife ? when he felt a great anguish in the Force.

For his two friends it was the same.

Jasir?s uncle ? one of the few Dunai elder with limited Force sensitivity ? had seen the distress and had opted to return.

The village was destroyed by an earthquake.
    Six children were alive.
    Their world was shattered.

32 Future

?Kriffing darrin noyrani,? Jasir Ere-Dun was using these words and more when he swore. It was his way to give expression to the great anguish he felt when he saw his future shattered by the earthquake that destroyed his village.

His parents killed.
    The parents of all his friends killed.

Life was unfair for the ten year old boy and his surviving sister.
    Life was unfair for the ten year old friends.

But a great master of the Jedi sensed the distress and came to their aid.
    Master Yoda sensed a great future for Jasir and his sister Fay Ere-Dun.

33 Knight

Master Yoda asked Jasir and his uncle for permission to take Fay to the Jedi to be trained. The two year old girl was unusually strong in the Force.

Jasir gave this permission when he touched Yoda?s hand. He felt something of the great future for his sister and for him. Fay would become a Jedi knight.

Jasir saw her boarding the transport with Muia Tawtee who was going to a friend.
    Muia ? being sick ? had been unable to accompany him on the trip.
    Jasir saw the boy casting a last look at the destroyed school before the ramp closed.

34 Forever
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/fay-eredun.jpg]

?I am forever with you and our family,? Master Fay soothed her brother. ?With my life-forces I could save Obi-Wan Kenobi. With my sacrifice I can save millions. Obi-Wan has brought the anti-dote for the swamp-gas ? first discovered on Ohma-D?un ? to the Jedi.

Jasir Ere-Dun ? leader of the Dunai elder ? saw her shimmering form before him and he had a small smile on his face.
    His sister had become a Jedi knight. She was known to have resolved many conflicts and wars by flooding peace and love into the hearts of those gripped by anger. She never carried a lightsaber.

35 Flashback
    All those flashbacks were going through Jasir?s mind when he heard the comstation in his library activating.
    He heard from Tarmenel Eled-Hir ? one of his friends and the leader of the house of healing ? about a book that could give a solution to a problem that the healers in Noranan had encountered.

A Jedi and his friend were without the Force after a crash in a valley. Minerals in the water had killed most of their midi-chlorians. A few were saved but now in hibernation.
    The book hinted at a cure but where the cure could be found was uncertain.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent picks =D= and Fay: a sweet, loving focus. :D

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I really liked Fay's story. @};-

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you again.[face_dancing] And thanks for giving me a clue to use Cylinder

She was the first character to write for me back in 2006. Thank you[face_dancing]

The next prompts gave me a story focussing on the dark.

36. Cube
    The message given by the holocube to the Rakata warriors became the bane of the slaves on Rakooine.

The Rakata warrior Tharkoo was returning after burying his brother Shaurkoo on Korriban. He had created with his brother creatures of the dark to guide their treasures on Korriban, Rakooine and Kreyfon. One of those treasures was a sphere with four matching pyramid shaped crystals and forming a tetrahedron.
    Tharkoo died soon after landing on Rakooine.
    His warriors entombed him in the Rakata pyramid slaughtering the natives.
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/aaquilin26.jpg]

One of the natives started the rebellion to expell the Rakata.
    He freed his planet.

37. Sphere
    The message given in the sphere became the bane of Count Dooku?s parents.
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/aaquilin81.jpg]

The first clue to great power came when the sphere was found by Anka Dynarsk ? a Jedi healer and amateur archeologist ? when she was coming to aid the trapped Count Dooku and son on Korriban.

She was mesmerised by the globule. She betrayed her Jedi friends. She became the wife of Count Dooku?s son. She searched with Darth Plagueis ? her new master ? for pyramid shaped crystals. She found three of them and united them with the sphere.

The rays coming from sphere and crystals were her doom.

38. Cone
    One of the pyramid shaped crystals had been crafted by the Rakata Shaurkoo for a special use. It could contain the seeds of the dark in a cone shaped container.

It was used by him to create the Shyrack, Tuk?ata and the Jek-hounds. He needed the creatures to guard his treasures. He raided the valley of the Darrin, took away eggs and preserved the Darrin on Kreyfon, a planet teeming with Dark Forces where the crystal resting in an egg on a cone shaped pedestal had contained the dark until taken by the apprentice of Darth Plagueis.
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/aaquilin75.jpg]

Kreyfon was destroyed.

39. Cylinder
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/aaquilin33.jpg]

The destruction of Kreyfon was one of the events leading to Dynonichus doom.

Darth Dynonichus ? former Jedi knight Anka Dynarsk ? had built her lightsaber using the knowledge gained in the Jeditemple. It was a cylinder with a piece of the dark added. She had fitted the claw of a Darrin to the end of the cylinder.

The red crystal powering her lightsaber had been her reward after slaying a Shyrack on Korriban and digging in the remains of a large Tuk?ata.
    She had been ready with constructing her lightsaber when a swarm of Shyrack had her in a killing frenzy.

40. Pyramid
    The fourth pyramid shaped crystal ? found on Korriban by Jerec ? became the bane of the planet Irellion.
    Count Dooku had ordered Jango Fett to bring the crystal to him after a friendly chat with his great friend Jocasta Nu. He knew about the sphere and the three crystals, found by his mother and father and kept safe in the vault on his estate on Serenno.
    Fett gave him the crystal and Count Dooku chose a planet for his experiment.
    Irellion became the planet.
    Count Dooku saw a weapon to destroy planets.
    [image=http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/forcenetart/tetrahedron11.jpg]

Irellion was destroyed.
    The weapon became the Death Star.