main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bird bits UDC-VI updated with week 20 completed with pranks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, May 20, 2011.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= :)

Very good use of the prompts.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes but he will recover and with family:) Thanks for reading

Thank you again.

The next set had me searching and finding this to explain the sins. A little history lesson by Qui-Gon

71. Avarice

?Master, what is avarice??

Qui-Gon smiled and took one of the datapads from the table, swiped with his fingers over the touch-surface until he found what defined avarice. It was a word not used that much anymore but his former master Dooku had been a user. ?Avarice or greed is the excessive or rapacious desire for wealth and power. The Rakata were a prime example of this. Read my young student."

Fourteen year old Obi-Wan began to read about the Rakata, shivering when he saw what they had done and disgusted when he saw the various species used as slaves.

72. Envy

?Master,? Obi-Wan said with a voice showing his anguish ?They used the Dark side of the Force to conquer and enslave every other species they came across throughout the known galaxy. They wanted everything from the species they met.?

?That?s envy Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon lectured with a soothing voice. He too had been showing his anguish when he read about the Rakata, characterized by their cruelty, savagery, and arrogance. ?They were drawn by planets where species thrived using the light side of the Force and deprived those planets of everything, stripping their resources and terraform the world to suit their need.?

73. Gluttony

?Eech, this is really disgusting,? Obi-Wan indicated a picture now shown on the datapad. ?The Rakata had slaves but after the work was done, they killed them. And this,? he paused and crept closer on the couch to his master who put a protective arm around his shoulder ?look, they ate the bodies of slain enemies.?

?That was not all,? Qui-Gon swiped over the surface of the datapad. ?They kept the food from the slaves and overindulged in the food up to this.?

?The Rakata chief is disgusting like a Hutt,? Obi-Wan had now a small smile on his face.

74. Lust

?And he even did have offspring,? Obi-Wan indicated the next piece of text where Sjarko?s sons and daughters were mentioned. ?And he ? aw that?s disgusting ? he indulged in this lust for mating with females of his species. That fat piece of Hutt slime!?

?It was one of the greed leading to the doom of the Rakata,? Qui-Gon called up another chapter of the history. ?Chiefs taking wives of other rivalling chiefs and the Star Forge and the corrupting influence led to a devastating civil war. The Infinite Empire began to fracture and a virulent plague signalled the end.?

75. Pride

?The virulent plague nearly exterminated the Rakata and brought the Infinite Empire to its knees, yet the worst was yet to come,? Qui-Gon said. ?The Rakata suddenly and inexplicably began to lose their connection to the Force. Worse, they were unable to uncover the source of their failing sensitivity.?

?Their pride,? Obi-Wan mused softly ?their desire to be the most important force in the galaxy, their excessive love of self led to their doom. They were a species without any Force sensitivity when Revan found them on Lehon. But they had done their work, seeding the galaxy with dark forces.?

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great way to teach a pupil about the sins and Qui-Gon is an excellent teacher.

@};-

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi there!

Whew! I can post, -- I was afraid, very afraid the boards had gone away yesterday :( !!!

Excellent use of the prompts and Qui-Gon is wise indeed. :D

Hugs!!!!

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You are so skilled in making short text that really go under the skin and leave a staying impression.

(I feel like going blah, blah, blah all the time I write something.)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you,[face_dancing]

:)[:D] Wise and gentle.

Thank you so much

The next set gave hilarious fun to write

76. Pow!

Pow!

Jedi-healer Kaagi Adin looked over his shoulder, got a big smile on his face and dropped bottoms down in the deep end of the swimming pool.

His colleague ? nurse Beran Daranon ? tried to score another hit with his soaker but Kaagi making a bomb had him dripping wet and slipping and sliding over the plank and copying Adin with his version of a bomb, dropping like a stone, almost reaching the bottom and rocketing up to hit said Adin.

Kaagi retaliated with making waves and dunked Beran who in turn made even bigger waves sloshing towards the shallow end.

77. Bang!

Bang!

One of the ever present beds in the swimming pool used for therapy with now twi?lek healer Vokara Che ? taking a break from her duties ? using this as a place to relax collided with a big bang against the wall.

More waves followed and one ? combined effort of Adin and Finn trying to dunk Daranon ? had the bed bobbing wildly and turning upside down.

?Had enough of this child?s play?? Vokara Che sputtered when she emerged from the water lekku swinging wildly and water flying everywhere.

?Uh no,? that was Kaagi.

?Not really and he certainly enjoys the fun.?

78. Boom!

?Boom!?

?Boom Obi-Wan??

?Boom!? Obi-Wan targetted Siri again with his soaker and made that funny noise but got rewarded this time or not depending on the point of view.

Siri took a Force assisted jump over him, tackled him and had him sliding ? clothes and all ? into the pool.

?Take this Tachi,? Obi-Wan used the Force to create a water-globule.

?Awww sheesh,? Siri growled. ?Had enough of your water fun? No? Take that.? She jumped wet clothes not troubling at all in the water and managed to make a super wave that dunked everybody.

To Che?s annoyance the fight continued.

79. Zap!

Zap! Swish! Swwwt!

That was a different kind of noise made by two padawans, Anakin Skywalker and Ferus Olin to be precise. They had followed their masters to the swimming pool but were distracted by two masters practising with their lightsabers in the garden near the swimming pool.
    That had the two taking their lightsabers and engaging in a duel.

?Look,? Ferus took a jump, parrying a slash ?Master Kenobi is pairing up with Nurse Daranon and Master Adin and Master Finn are assisting my master.?

?Let?s join that fun,? Anakin discarded belt and cloak and ran to the pool.

80. Pop!

Pop!

Siri had made a water-globule using the Force and it was Anakin who landed in the middle of that making it pop.

?This is wizard,? Anakin came up and made another globule, growing larger and larger until Ferus landed.

Pop!

?Sheesh Anakin. More??

?Globules. They are making the waves.?

Two padawans ? working together this time ? created a really large globule. But a wave directed by Obi-Wan and Beran had the globule headed to Vokara Che.

?Child?s play,? Vokara Che got out.

?Play it is,? Master Yoda jumped from the plank and landed with a big splash in the pool.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was SO MUCH FUN!!! I love it when the Jedi party like kids.

And Yoda joining in the end was perfect =D=

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Seems like this week's set of prompts lends itself to pranking [face_mischief]

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You are a prank machine!

:D

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Some fun should be always there even for Jedi[face_dancing]

They sure did;)

Love humor;)

The next set is playing at the end of my story Reunion, dealing with the recovery of Aaqu Maerhin.

81. Inception

?Who came with this idea?? Jason Guyet ran inside the scrub-room and entered a changing cubicle.

?It was my idea,? Beran Daranon ? scrubbing his hands with soap after suiting up ? answered. ?You had Marhin under your care getting him asleep without him noticing that and I figured that it would be great to see the famous healer Aaqu Maerhin becoming mesmerised by your captivating stories.?

?I see but you know,? Jason poked his head around the door of the cubicle ?he knows. Being with Marhin in a room for months he sure has heard that story. But I will help.?

82. Babe

Aaqu saw the nurse guiding his bed away. He was quite comfortable on the table after Beran had covered his torso with a warm blanket. And he smiled when he heard the soft conversation between the nurse and Beran.

?He is 185 years old??

?Yup and married.?

?Oh aw never mind.?

Soft sounds of receding wheels were replaced by equally soft sounds of footsteps.

?That was a babe taking an interest in you,? Beran chuckled.

?And we were raised as a Jedi until the destruction of our order made the code obsolete.?

?And there he is your sleep doctor Guyet.?

83. Network

?Like you in your days at the Jeditemple I had an extensive network after serving under various squadrons,? Jason Guyet applied an IV to the right lower arm of his patient. ?You have heard some of my stories about rookie me serving with Blade squadron on the Hands Down but this is another one.?

?He is trying to get you under without you noticing that,? Beran Daranon reached for the black oxygen mask.

?I know,? Aaqu smiled. ?That?s his specialty.?

?Ahem it began with me sitting there musing about Aisja and Skip when Leia Organa Solo noticed me,? Jason said.

84. Avatar

?Leia Organa Solo, you have never seen her but I did. I did see her twice. She was the ruler, aloof and cool and her brother was the farmboy,? Jason Guyet chuckled softly when he saw the rising eyebrows of his patient and continued ?yup Luke was raised as a farmboy. He was telling me that when he tried to have me enlisted at the academy to train. I saw Leia looking towards us. The second time I saw her she was gentle and caring, a sweet grandmother for little Amelia. That was before commander Spanish had me chasing him.?

85. Traffic

Beran had the oxygen mask on Aaqu?s face.

?Leia ordered ?don?t grow up? and that was the beginning of a chase through the spaceport avoiding heavy traffic in my mad dash race through the concourse with Iffy following me to get ahead of Spanish trying to reach the boarding tube of the transport,? Jason grinned when he opened the drip of the Prop-A. ?Spanish was first and I was second and the rest?. He is under.?

Beran removed the mask.

Jason had the tube in and connected to the equipment.

?I have to wait for the rest of your story.?

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ah! Great story from Jason

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very nice! @};-

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jason had the tube in and connected to the equipment.

?I have to wait for the rest of your story.?

Me, neither! ;)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    [AzureAngel2]me neither[/quote]

And thanks all and the story is continuing with this set.

86. Direct
    Kaagi Adin ? holding his hands before Skon Peverin to slip the blue gloves over them ? waited with a mischievous smile on his face before directing his question to the busy Beran and Jason ?What?s that about the rest of your story??

?I will tell about our hilarious chase to our transport after you have finished your removing business for the pins, nuts, bolts and whatever you have used to fix those bones,? Jason halted briefly and continued ?and Aaqu likes to hear the rest of my story too.?

?I see,? Kaagi headed to the right side of the table. ?Laserscalpel.?

87. Produce

?Seven, eight, nine,? Kaagi counted aloud when he placed the produce on the tray.

?Seven, eight, nine,? Beran repeated with a mischievous smile on his face. ?You are following teacher Nines.?

?Yes nines was inspiring and now let?s see if nine sutures are enough to close the wound,? Kaagi held his right hand ready for the first suture.

?Nines, that Jedi master I met a few times before ending up here was number nine in his X-wing squadron,? Jason mused looking up.

?And?? Beran had a big smile on his face because he heard the beginning of a new story.

88. Perform

?That nine was Corran Horn, a famous Jedi master I met briefly during the beginning of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion,? Jason grinned behind his clearplast mask. ?Wedge Antilles told me all about him and his exploits when I saw him boarding the Ralroost. I went back to my ship the Taranak and we got involved in more fights against the Vong. Captain Didier Kalra got us in the thick of things getting great performances from all of us flying the missions until that one.?

?Yes?? Beran gave another suture to Kaagi.

?That was the battle of sector P,? Jason mused.

89. Edit
    ?Sector P became almost our doom. I was flying cover for Commander Rob Spanish when he was hit by a blast from those dratted uh edit,? Jason muttered. ?Kriffing dratted no good for anything needing reconstructive surgery Vong horrors. ?But I could guide Rob?s X-wing ? with my astromech Iffy helping me ? to a nice hidden world called Pangona where I treated his injuries. The squadron and Captain Kalra joined us. And we kept Pangona safe from those kriffing dratted Vong using buoys to warn any passing menace that Pangona was infested with a deadly virus. The buoys were Kalra?s idea.?

90. Distribute

?With the shuttle from the Taranak and our X-wings we distributed the buoys in Pangona space and we stayed on Pangona helping the refugees. The Vong were gone from our galaxy when we were finished with our last task; completing a hospital.?

?Nine,? Kaagi grinned ?complete and ready to wake him.?

?I will do the medicines and you your get the patient awake job,? Jason reached for a syringe.

?Yup,? Kaagi had his hands after cleaning them on the forehead of his friend and smiled when he got a response from Aaqu.

?What?s that about the rest of your story??

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice wrap to the story and super use of the prompts

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Great update and good use of the prompts :D

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You are wonderful with prompts and short stories.

@};-

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jade_eyes
    Hazel
    AzureAngel2

Thanks all for reading and your kind words. And the story continues with hilarious fun

91. Spring

?He is asking about the rest of your story Jason,? Kaagi saw the green brown eyes of his friend Aaqu opening.

?Ah yes the rest of my chasing Spanish story,? Jason slipped the respirator tube out his his patient?s airway when he heard the loud squawk. ?I was chasing the commander through the concourse jumping like a Nerf lead out of the barn in spring ? not my words but the captain?s after he had us aboard and secured from the MP?s ? and had almost caught up with him when Iffy swerved to the right and had me slipping and sliding.

92. Summer

?Like a Nerf in spring,? Aaqu smiled when he was lifted by Kaagi and Beran on the bed brought to the table by Skon.

?Yup,? Jason guided the straps of an oxygen mask around Aaqu?s head. ?Spanish disappeared in the corridor and was first to be at the boarding tube where those MP?s were waiting. That had the captain trying to safe us telling that we needed that mad dash run to release tension. Drinks ? one being the cocoction brewed by Spanish during our stay on Varanko and being a summer favorite of him ? had those MP?s irked some more.

93. Winter

?No intoxicating drinks were allowed on alliance ships and the leader of those MP?s wanted to inspect the bar on the Taranak. But he declined when I told him about Iffy?s Mujaa juice and coolant mix and the paying for the burps I had to do.? Jason was again doubled over with laughter.

?Aw not that about,? Kaagi began.

?Burps Kaagi,? Aaqu smiled when he saw the looks on Kaagi?s face getting redder and redder. ?Mujaa juice gives always burps. Ah you remember the winter solstice fete in the Jeditemple.?

?Shh Aaqu,? Kaagi put the monitoring equipment on the bed.

94. Season

?Shh, what about shh?? Skon gave a knowing look to Beran.

?Yes Kaagi?? Jason became intrigued by the behaviour of the four Jedi.

?It was the winter season and I had almost forgotten that it was the winter solstice fete,? Kaagi began.

?And you were in the wild garden when I came to get you to the restaurant,? Aaqu egged his friend.

?You did and I,? Kaagi broke down in laughter and continued ?I had two tiny snowballs ? made in that garden ? in my hands. I dropped one in the large bowl of Mujaa juice and the other went into??

95. Change

Kaagi was doubled over with laughter picturing again the comical looks of the situation in his mind. Mujaa juice with snow had given burps and the other snowball.

?Yes?? Jason had his hands on the bed, stopping Beran and Skon from moving it.

?The other snowball went into Master Yoda?s cloak,? Aaqu said ?that had the great master planning his revenge.?

?The change came when I was playing with those guys in the snow,? Kaagi grinned ?Beran, Skon and Aaqu grabbed me and Yoda whitewashed me.?

?A snowball-fight,? Jason began to move the bed ?I will tell you another story.?

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Guys and their mischief! [face_laugh]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh the wonderful playfulness!

[face_mischief]

@};-

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *makes a mental note never to meet the bird in deepest winter for a snow ball fight*

:p

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yup and more of that is finishing these drabbles. Thanks for your great support

Playful boys;) and thanks for your support

Never[face_thinking]

Thanks all for reading and your great support and here is the next set completing the story

96. Cut

?Another story.? Aaqu, Skon, Beran and Kaagi smiled in unison when Jason guided the bed through the double doors of the OT towards med-room number nine.

?Another story and that yup; it involved a snowball-fight on one of my training trips with my students,? Jason replied when he had bed and patient ready. ?I was before those dratted Yuuzhan Vong came to spoil the peace an instructor on Corellia. Flying our X-wings we went to the Nomad Mountains. Rookie Kevin Spanish and his friend Kevin Beltaine landed on a snow covered lake cutting through the ice. Spiders to the rescue!?

97. Wrap

?Spiders?? Aaqu had a questioning look on his face when he saw Jason wrapping the BP-cuff around his left arm after guiding the bed in the room.

?Commander Marlene Sandor was calling us her ?Spider squadron? and we had to rescue Spanish and Beltaine using the grappling hooks of our X-wings. We towed the two X-wings on the ice-field and with the rest of the squadron quite agitated because of said rescue Commander Sandor ordered a snowball fight to release the tension. Shortly after that training captain Kalra arrived on Corellia and asked us to join him on the Taranak.?

98. Done
    ?It?s done,? Jason removed the BP-cuff and started to leave but was stopped by Beran and Skon.

The latter asked ?can you tell us more about your stay on the Taranak??

?Sure,? Jason began. ?I was lucky to come under the command of Kalra. He was from New Holstice and had heard from his foster parents about admiral d?Lorrion and my father Alan serving the old republic during the Clone wars. That had me revealing some of my history and he of course keeping it a secret. I am a Force sensitive as you know.?
    ?Like all Dunai,? Aaqu mused.

99. Over

?And the Varankonin,? Jason continued. ?With Rob and Kevin coming to the Taranak the captain had three gifted guys on his cruiser.?

?Gifted in the Force and more,? Aaqu had a big smile on his face even more when Kaagi put the bed in a reclining position. ?Over the top pranks from you have been the main topics here in the hospital since your arrival. I have heard that Spanish pranks were infamous.?

?Infamous and Spanish had his mates to help him with said pranks.? Jason settled down in a chair after seeing Skon, Beran and Kaagi doing the same.

100. Finish

?One of those infamous Spanish pranks was played on the Mon Manlon where a rather boring Bothan captain was taught a lesson. I was the running the errand boy and Spanish, Dakin and Pravo setting things up. Squadron member Dakin ? quite eloquent in his explanation of how a deceased had become a deceased ? had some fun when he held the ?dead? guys hand in his hand pointing at the crossed fingers. The Bothan began to shriek that the deceased was alive because a dead man didn?t cross fingers and Spanish revealed the stuffed uniform with the Ewok-doll inside.? Jason finished.

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great wrap up for your drabbles! =D=

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Infamous indeed ;)

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, really a hundred drabbles by now? Amazing!

:D