main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Birds of Prey]Season 2 Episode 1: Huntress the Hunted Part 1(LAST CHAPTER Posted 10/1/08)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    THE FOLLOWING STORY IS NOT MEANT TO INFRINGE ON ANY COPYRIGHT LAW SET BY WARNER BROTHERS. THIS IS MEANT FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE ONLY. THIS IS STORIES 1 AND 2 OF A NEW SEGA CONTINUING WHERE DEVIL EYES LEFT OFF.

After buying the complete series on DVD, I got back on the Birds of Prey kick. I decided to go back to my 11 story season 2 series of stories I wrote back after the series was first canceled, edit them, and post them here. If there is a sincere interest, I'll continue to post this story and the other 10 episodes which makes up my version of what season 2 could possibly be like. So if there is anyone out there that is enjoying this story or likes Birds of Prey, let me know. Heck, if I get through all 11, I might consider writing Season 3, but that takes a lot of work for one person, but I might just be willing to do it if enough interest is sparked.

Birds of Prey
    Season 2

Episode 1
    HUNTRESS THE HUNTED PART 1

CHAPTER 1

The evening sky was grey and gloomy, which adequately portrayed Barbara?s emotions at that moment. Just on the outskirt of New Gotham was Arkham Cemetery. It was a place she was unfortunately getting too familiar with. Her first visit was for the burial of Salina Kyle, Helena?s mother. More recently, she was here for a more private burial ceremony for Dinah?s mother, The Black Canary, despite not having a body to bury. Now here she was again, this time to bury the man that she had given her heart to.

There was only a small crowd of mourners at the burial. Most of them were Wade?s family members which made Barbara very uncomfortable. His folks were high class people who had always disliked her because of her being paralyzed. That dislike had almost turned to hate since Wade?s death as if it was all her fault.

Barbara was alone on one side of the grave along with Helena and Dinah while the rest of Wade?s family was on the left. At that moment, the discomfort of the situation was put on in the back of her mind as the coffin was lowered down into the ground. Helena stood on Barbara?s while Dinah stood on the other side, inconspicuously placing a supportful hand at the back of her wheelchair.

The coffin had reached bottom, the service had come to an end and the all of Wade?s family members began to scatter off except Barbara and her two comrades remained behind, clearly being shunned by the family. Detective Jesse Reese walked up to join the three woman and took his place besides Helena and put his arm around her waist. Helena?s focus however remained on Barbara.

?Are you going to be alright?? Dinah was the brave one to ask what all three of them wanted to ask.

?I?ll be fine.? Barbra replied in a deep sigh. ?There?s no point hanging around here and feeling sorry for myself. We still have lots to do to get the clock tower back to the way it was.?

?I wish I can help you all out, but today the new police commissioner arrives and he wants to meet with all of his detectives.? Reese said, feeling awkward about having to interrupt this somber moment.

Helena brushed off his arm from around her waist and dropped her head, looking down at her feet so she did not have to accidently gaze into anyone?s eyes. ?I really screwed things up. I should have known it was her. Now, Wade is dead, the clock tower is screwed up, and the police commissioner was just one of the hundred who were killed in the chaos Harley Quinn caused. What a hero I?m turning out to be.?

?Helena, we?ve been through this already: there was nothing any of us could have done. Dr. Quinzel obviously had planned this whole thing for months. No one knew she was Harley Quinn. I though she perished along side with the Joker many years back. It?s as much my fault as it is yours,? Barbara replied.

?Is that supposed to make me feel better?? Helena snapped. ?A hundred innocent people died out there, all because I blabbed by mouth.?

?Helena?? Reese tried to console her but she pushed him away.
    ?Not now!? She turned and walked away walking abruptly past a young woman.

The young girl looked

2. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    CHAPTER 2

The Huntress quickly came to her senses and stared down the doppelganger who wore an evil grin which seemed to fit the mold of her face perfectly. ?Another shape shifting meta-human, nice!? The two of them walked in a circle, refusing to look away.

?Impressed? I know I am. I just like the feel of being you. I might just keep this form.?

?Well, I want to know the identity of the real person whose butt I?m about to whip!?

?There?s one additional thing you should know about me, Huntress??

?And what can that possibly be.?

?That everything you can do, I can do better.? The doppelganger attacked with a high kick across Helena?s face. She was extremely fast, that Helena didn?t see it coming. The speed and force behind the kick sent her feet flying. Helena dropped her hands over her head and onto the ground. She pushed off the ground to finish her cartwheel back onto her feet. She was ready when the doppelganger swung a fist at her.

Huntress caught her arm with her left hand. She raised her left leg and wrapped it over their arms so her foot was in front of the doppelganger?s face and kicked her in the face. Huntress let go of her arm and brought her left leg down and stood there ready to defend any retaliating assaults.

The doppelganger went to kick the Huntress in the face but she blocked the kick by crossing her wrists in front of her face. As soon as the ankle of the doppelganger?s leg made contact, Helena quickly snapped hold of the ankle. Before the Huntress could take advantage, the doppelganger used her other leg to push herself up in the air and kick Helena across the face as she was twirling in mid air.

The kick sent Helena twirling horizontally in air as well, but the difference was that the doppelganger landed on her feet while she hit the ground on her back. The doppelganger tried to stomp down on Huntress? forehead, but the Huntress caught her ankle and twisted it as hard as she could. This caused Helena?s adversary to flip and fall flat on her face. Using her agility, she virtually flew up onto her feet almost as if she had flying powers.

The doppelganger pushed up as if doing in a push up but in the same way as Helena, that push up sent her flying up onto her feet as if she too had the power to fly. ?As you can see, everything you can, I can do just as well, if not better.?

?And as you can see, I can take just as much as I dish out!? the Huntress retaliated.

?And I can dish out more than you can, Huntress,? the doppelganger?s reply was. Suddenly she began to morph into another person, and the person she had turned into brought an instant anger into the Huntress. The shape shifting doppelganger had taken the form of Dr. Quinzel or how Oracle knew her as, Harley Quinn. ?Maybe you like me in this form better. Maybe I can get that spark of anger lit up in you so I can get more of a challenge from you.?

The voice of the woman The Huntress had extreme hatred for caused an explosive rage in her. She tried to kick the Quinzel doppelganger in the gut. However, she flipped over the kick, and began to do back flips to avoid the other kicks that the Huntress followed up with. She stopped her back flips and ducked under the last kick. While she was still ducking, she used her right leg and kicked at Huntress? one leg that she was standing on. The Huntress was swept off her feet and landed on her back.

The Quinn Doppelganger stood up and walked towards the Huntress. When she was close enough, Huntress, somehow, rolled herself up onto a hand stand. On the way up, her right foot kicked her nemesis under the chin. The Huntress flipped back on to her feet.

They were in the middle of a silent street. There were no walls or railings to use to escape or use in an attack. This was going to be a street fight until someone had lost. The Huntress had no intentions of escaping. She was going to find out who this person was who attacked her and why?

The one thing that the Huntress noticed that whoever this shape shifting meta-human changed into, she takes on every quality, fro

3. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I just rented the first disk of Birds of Prey and have fallen in love with it. I can't wait to see where this is going.

4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Hey there! Yes, Birds of Prey was awesome! I can't believe they canceled it. I know there was an uproar of it's cancellation. Fans tried to get Sci-Fi to pick up the series but after the big hit of Battlestar Galactica the movie was a hit, their budget was limited and so they had to make a choice: pick up Birds of Prey or make Battlestar Galactica the series and Tremors the series. They felt the remake of Battlestar Galactica and Tremors the Series was a safer bet. They probably were half right. Tremors flopped, while BSG is now in the middle of it's final season.

Anyway, I am glad that you enjoyed this story and hope you will continue to read. I will have a new chapter up tomorrow evening.

5. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    CHAPTER 3

Barbra gently placed a gauzed on the cut over Helena?s right eye brow. ?Ouch!? she yelped as she flinched.

?Well, you don?t have to be a baby about this,? Barbra said as she closed the first aid kit. ?You?re lucky that you escaped with a black eye, and few scrapes and bruises.?

?Yea, very lucky!? Helena replied sarcastically. ?Did you find any information on this Raven character??

?Not surprisingly, I have not been able to dig anything up on Raven,? Barbra replied controlling her wheel chair to the large platform towards the main computer. Helena, who had been sitting on the desk, hopped off and joined her onto the platform. Dinah and Reese followed Helena to the platform. ?With the power to shape shift, I was not surprised to see that there were no previous crime records and too many unsolved crimes to be able to pin on her.?

?Well, that?s a big help,? Helena replied.

?What about the-no-two-meta?s-have-the-same-power thing?? Dinah asked. ?I mean, this woman has the same powers as Clay Face.?

?Not exactly,? Barbara corrected. ?Clay Face?s powers were strictly from drinking a formula specifically made to interact with his DNA. This Raven?s powers seem to be natural meta powers. On top of which, of Helena is right, she aquires the powers of the meta-human form she takes on. That?s more than what Clay Face could ever do.

?Yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda!? Helena was quickly getting agitated. ?So, What am I suppose to do, send out an invitation to have her come out and get her butt kicking??

?It?s not going to be that easy. She can be anyone and strike from anywhere. For her to come after you the way she did leads me to believe that she could have some grudge against you or perhaps she is more interested in toying with you. Either way, she has set things up so that when you two next meet, it will be on her terms, and her terms alone. We need to find a way to identify her, and even the playing field a little.?

?And how are we supposed to do that?? Helena asked.

?I don?t know. Do you have a better idea?? Barbra asked, returning her sarcasm.

?Yea, draw her out and then give her a beating she won?t soon forget.?

?I understand you?re upset??

?How the hell are you supposed to understand the way I feel?? Helena snapped. ?Any of you? I am responsible for the deaths of hundreds on innocent lives, and now to top it all off, I just got my butt handed to me on a silver platter. You, know, this hero business is really getting pointless.?

?You don?t mean that,? Reese said smoothly, hoping to calm her down.

?Of course I mean it. It?s pointless, and I?m actually going to do something about it. I quit! It?s time I do things my way.? Helena stormed off the ramp and out the exit.

?Did I miss something?? Dinah asked. She witnessed the whole thing, and still wasn?t sure what had just happened.

?What should we do now??

?We really need to find out more about this Raven character. Dinah, go to No Man?s Land and see if Gibson knows anything about her.?

?What about Helena??

?Right now, I think it?s more important we understand what Raven?s intentions. If she put up this good a fight this time, Helena may be in grave danger.?

An officer open the bar gate and Helena walked into the stone cold room. In the middle of the room was an octagon shaped plastic cell. Inside of it sat Dr. Quinzel dressed in her white prison suit. She stood up and grinned with evil delight when she saw Helena walk up to her cell with a stern, anger look in her face. The officers had tried to give her special glasses so Dr. Quinzel could not hypnotize her visitors, but Helena refused them, having put on her special contacts.

?Oh, if it isn?t little sweet Helena Kyle, here to pay a visit to her favorite psychiatrist.?

?Well, if it isn?t the mega psycho B??

?Awww, what?s the matter, still mad at me, are we? Feeling guilty about how you could spill out all your dark little secrets to me and know that you are responsible for the death of Barbra Gordon?s love and the mass devastation that

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    You've got all the characters perfect. Need more soon.

7. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    CHAPTER 4

The Souvenir shop at the ground level of No Man?s Land was fully restored. Humans and Meta?s were all looking around at the bizarre antiques on display. Of course, none of the stuff interested Dinah in the least. It was the underground level that was her destination. She pretended to be browsing, keeping a close eye on the cashier who was finishing ringing up a customer. After the customer had left, the cashier looked around carefully before her eyes focused on Dinah and gave her a gentle nod.

All clear. Dinah nodded in thanks as she quickly made her way towards the utility room. When she entered the room, however, it was anything but a utility room. This was a new hidden passage way to the elevator leading down to the underground Meta hangout.

She entered the elevator and pulled the wooden gate down as it lowered to the lower level. Reaching the bottom, she pulled up the gate to find the hangout just about empty. Ever since the incident caused by Dr. Quinzel, meta humans were afraid to step foot back into the hangout, but that didn?t seem to stop Gibson from?

?Howdy!? a female voice greeted her.

Surprised to be greeted by a woman instead of Gibson?s eccentric and fast paced voice, he first fear was that it was Raven coming after her. Spinning around, posed to through the first punch, a young woman dressed in the same type of clothing that reminded her of Helena, stepped back with her hands raise. ?Who, easy there girl! I only work here.?

?Uh, sorry,? Dinah looked down, embarrassed by her reaction. ?Is Gibson around??

?Gib? My cousin? After his temporary mental breakdown, he wanted to get away from New Gotham. He put me in charge until he returns.?

?Cousin? I didn?t know he had cousin!?

?Why am I not surprised,? the woman folder her arms across her chest. ?The name is Danielle. Did you know my cousin??

?You can sorta say that we were colleagues.?

?Really? Wait, let me geuess. Young?blond hair, you must be Dinah, daughter of the Black Canary!?

Dinah was speechless, as her suspicion of her being Raven began to resurface. ?I?m sorry, have we met before??

?Girl, you?re a jumpy one, aren?t ya? My cous told me about you, the Oracle and the Huntress fighting the criminal underworld after the sun sets each and every night. He?s helped you out on numerous occasions, so I guess I am his stand-in for now.?

?Do you have a good memory of meta humans and their known powers? We?re looking for a particular meta that can shape shift and imitate meta powers.?

?No, I don?t have the same kind of memory as my cous, but I have my sources of finding that kind of stuff out. A meta who can shape shift and imitate powers?interesting. Can you tell me anything more about her??

?She goes by the name, Raven.?

?Raven, huh? I?ll see what I can dig up on her,? Danielle replied.

?Huh, would it be rude to ask if you, uh??

??am a meta human? Of course, hun,? Danielle laughed. ?My powers are kind of unusual though. I have a super sense of feeling. I can sense a person?s vitals. I can feel a person?s heart beat as if it was vibrating off the floor. I?ve been called the human lie detector, because I can always tell when someone?s lying or had deceitful intentions through vibrations.?

?Really? That?s?interesting. Anyway, I supposed I need to go. We kind of have an emergency on our hands.?

?Understood, hun. I?ll let you know immediately when I hear something.?

Barbra had gone ahead and tested Helena?s blood to confirm it was her that was here moments ago. She had no reason to doubt that it wasn?t, but she wanted to get that out of the way immediately and get to work on finding this Raven. The results of the blood work put her mind at ease: it was Helena Kyle alright.

Detective Reese walked up the ramp to join Barbara on the platform. ?Any word from Helena??

?Not a word. Who am I kidding, detective. I tried to raise Helena myself since the death of her mother. I?ve tried my best to get rid of the anger and the vengeance in her, but she just can?t let it go, and now sh

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Barbara is my favorite character and I love how you're portraying her. It would be difficult after everything they went through to get back on track.

9. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Thank you. After this two parter, the following episodes really has some big story plots with her in the center.

10. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    CHAPTER 5

Dinah left No Man?s Land and was supposed to head back to the clock tower, but against her better judgment, she gave in to her desire to look for the Huntress. She could not just stand by any longer and do nothing. She had to make sure Helena was alright. Yes, Barbara would not be happy with her, but it was probably easier to get forgiveness than permission in this case. The very least she could do to not get in more trouble than she probably will be in was to tell Barbara right up. ?Oracle, are you there?

At first there was no reply. Before she could ask again, a strange voice came over her ear piece. ?Hello. You must be the daughter of the legendary Black Canary.?

?Wait a minute?who is this? What Where is Oracle?? Dinah demanded.

?Oh, is that what Barbara is calling herself these days. To answer your question, young Dinah, my name is Raven, and as of now, the clock tower is under my control.?

?Yeah, well the Huntress and I have done that dance before and the last person who tried to take over the clock tower is spending the rest of her life behind a plastic cell,?

Raven laughed. ?Harley Quinn? Ha, she was only the appetizer. The main course it yet to come, young one. If my beating of the Huntress has not convinced you yet that you are no match for me; you are more than welcome to come and try to stop me, but I will not let you off as easy as I did your friend.?

Growling, Dinah took her ear piece off and threw it away. Dinah was now alone, without any help from Oracle or Huntress. There was no choice any more about what must be done: she needed to find Helena and get her to come back with her to save Barbara and stop Raven. She looked upward at the roof tops hoping against all odds that Helena was keeping her eyes on her like a big sister which always seemed to do. She was taken back when her hope was actually a reality when Helena landed in front of her after giant leap off the five story apartment complex.

?Huntress!?

Huntress grinned but did not say a word. Instead, she turned around and ran with super quick speed towards the complex. The Huntress kicked down the door with ease as she leaped inside. D

?Huntress?? A cold shiver went down her spine. Something was not right here. What was she doing? This couldn?t be Raven because she was at the clock tower, and the only way to get her out of it was to get Huntress? help. She went into the building after Huntress, but it was then she suddenly realized that this Huntress she was going after was Raven. What if Raven had spliced into the clock tower and took over the communications?

?Darn it Dinah, you stupid girl!? she cursed. She was still new to this hero stuff, and this mistake was a sure sign that she had not arrived yet. There was much still to learn.

Dinah?s nerves were on edge as a bad feeling washed over her about this place. Why would Helena go in here? It seemed worn down and empty. The wood was rotten and the ceiling was leaking. This place should have been condemned. The wall mounted lamps were so dim, that it proved most unuseful as she walked in deepter down the corridor, past several dented or rotten doors that looked like they were ready to fall off their hinges. If Huntress had gone into any of those doors, there would be no way those doors would be standing, so she walked carefully passed them. She fought the urge to turn and run; this was just way to creepy for her to do alone. Perhaps she could get help from Reese?

The very last door before reaching the door leading to the stairwell was missing; probably having been knocked down with force. That was where the Huntress had to have gone. Against everything inside of her pleading with her to get out, she approached to doorway.

The room was dimly lit as well. The room, like every other room in this forsaken building was virtually empty except for cobwebs. When she saw that what appeared would have been the living room was empty, she gained the courage to enter the apartment. The wood creaked underneath each step she took, and occasionally she would

11. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    On, no. Poor Dinah. The suspense is killing.

12. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    CHAPTER 6

Commissioner O?Reiley was escorted by two of his best officers as he made his way to his car. New Gotham was a dangerous place for anyone, including a police commissioner, to walk alone in. He was escorted down the damp stone steps and took a step towards his Lincoln town car when the Huntress in her seductive yet intimidating leather clothing landed in front the three of law officials. The two officers wasted no times pulling out their guns out, but Commissioner O?Reiley waved them down.

?Impressive! You?re entrance bares a remarkable resemblance to the Batman several years ago.?

?You know of me?? Helena said with a surprised look on her face.

?Yes, I have heard all the rumors and I knew it was all true because I was here during the days of Batman! I was hoping I would get a chance to meet you in person. I was hoping we could work together and strike at the heart of the criminal underworld here in New Gotham.?

?Really? Well, I hate to break it to you, but I don?t play nice.? Helena replied as she kicked him in the chest, sending his hefty body stumbling backwards until he tripped and fell on his back side.

The two officers raced to redraw their guns. ?You boys and your little toys,? Helena laughed. With one swift move, she slapped the guns out of both of their hands. Pouncing on the first officer, she spun him around and sent him flying into the brick wall, stunning him. The second officer stood there shocked, providing no resistance as the Huntress seemingly disappeared from his sight and reappeared from behind. She wrapped her right arm around the officers neck whose gurgle was muffled by her arm.

Commissioner O?Reiley struggled to her feet just in time to see a devilish grin on her face when she snapped the officer?s neck and threw the limp body to the ground.

The Commissioner was in utter shock. He could not believe the crime that he had just witnessed. All the things he had learned about the Huntress, was all thrown away with one brutal act of murder. ?I don?t understand this, but I am going to have to bring you in for this.?

?Right, you keep on believing that. It was me who helped you get this job. I?m the one who risks her life taking on the criminal underworld. It is I who make the rules here. I will do what I want, when I want. Let this be a little lesson to you.? The Huntress twisted around so her back faced the commissioner, She pulled back her leg with her extreme flexibility and as he began twisting back around, he foot kicked him across the face, knocking him out cold.

The Huntress looked down at the unconscious commissioner O?Reiley with a smirk on her face. Her whole body began to morph back into her normal form, and standing above him now was Raven. ?I hope that was just as satisfying for you as it was for me.?

Dinah awakened to find herself on the kitchen floor of the abandoned apartment. Everything was hazy as it took her a few seconds to recall the events that lead up to where she now found herself. She remembered following the Huntress into this building and then?and then?What happened after that? Everything was very cloudy and the pounding in her head distracted her from recalling everything.

?It?s about time! You want to come and untie me now!? Helena said, still tied up to the chair.

It all came flooding back to her when she saw the Huntress. She stood up and walked up to her but then stepped back. What if this was another trap?

?Well, what are you waiting for? Are you going to untie me or what??

?How do I know you are for real?? Dinah said cautiously.

?You?re kidding me, right?? The Huntress replied. ?You were already fooled once; I think that?s more than enough for one day, don?t you??

?Yes it is, and I am not walking into another one. Prove to me that you?re the real thing.?

Helena was growing impatient ?Then, how about the time we first met. I came to your rescue and you found us in the clock tower because you had touched my wrist. Listen, if you still don?t believe me, touch my wrist again and then get me the he

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    O'Reilly isn't very stalwart is he. He uses Batman like a badge of honor but the first sign of something creepy happens, he's freakin' out.

14. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Yea, the commissioner sure changed his opinion of the Huntress quickly. I wonder why? [face_thinking]

CHAPTER 7

Helena was at wits end. With Raven?s shape shifting abilities, finding her was impossible at the rate she was going. She was beginning to curse her own pride which always seemed to get in the way; and this time she really put her foot in her mouth. The right thing to do was to go back and talk things out with Barbara, but she wasn?t ready yet to eat that much humble pie.

She needed help from the technology that only Barbara could use, but she was not ready to go back home yet. However, there was one compromise that she would be willing to make.

That was what brought her to No Man?s Land. As she entered the secret hangout, she was taken aback by the change made to the place. Another surprise greeted her at the bar. ?You must be the Huntress, or would you mind if I just call you Helena??

?Excuse me? Who are you? Where?s Gibson??

?The name is Danielle. My cousin can?t stop talkin? ?bout you. It was impossible not to recognize you immediately.?

?You?re Gibson?s cousin? Perfect,? Helena replied sarcastically. ?I really needed to talk to Gibson right now. I really needed his help right now.?

?Ah, your partner was here earlier. I?ve only begun to reach my sources about Raven, but there is a rumor going around that she is not a loner.?

?Not a loner? What the hell does that mean??

?Rumor has it, she has a male companion; perhaps a boyfriend or something even more.?

?Really? That could explain why she seems to be in two places at once, but how could it be possible for both of them to share the same power.?

?It looks like you haven?t had much sleep lately. You should sneak back to the hideout and get some sleep, or you can hide out here. You can borrow my bed if you need to.?

?Why would I sneak around or need to hide??

?You do know that you?re not really the most popular person here in New Gotham right now, girl, don?t you??

?Am I missing something here?? Helena eyed her suspiciously.

?A cop was killed last night right in front of the new police commissioner. He?s convinced you were the one that killed the officer.?

Helena looked at her with disgust. ?Please! That?s hardly my style.?

?Oh I believe you. You?re telling the truth. That?s my power. I can feel the beating of your heart from here. I have a super sensitive sense of touch, so it?s easy for me to know when someone is lying.?

?Impressive,? Helena grinned.

?Don?t worry, you?re safe here, girl.?

?There you are, Huntress!? Dinah had entered the bar and found Helena at the bar. Dinah rushed over to Helen, walking past two men playing a game of nine ball on the billiard?s table. ?I was looking all over for you.?

?Dinah? How did you fine me? Did Barbara place a tracking device on me? If she did, I??

?I?m here to help you find Raven, what do you think? I can help find her while she is disguised as someone else.?

Helena looked over at Danielle to introduce her to Dinah but Danielle was giving her a strange look.

Dinah looked at the Danielle and then back at Helena. ?Who?s this??

?A friend of mine,? Helena replied. ?Go back to the clock tower. I want to handle this??

Before either of them knew what was happening, Danielle high jumped over the bar to land between Helena and Dinah. With quick reflexes that even shocked Helena, Danielle spun kick Dinah across the face, sending her spiraling violently in mid air before crashing into a table. The other people in the hangout stood at alert and slowly backed away from the action.

?Hey, I!? Helena went into the full Huntress mode and was ready to retaliate on behalf of Dinah when Dinah climbed back onto her feet, wiping blood from across her face. Her body and clothing began to reshape as Raven clenched her fists, clearly angered by the attack.

Danielle continued her attack on Raven, yet surprising both Huntress and Raven. Daniel cart wheeled high above the ground towards Raven and kicked her in the ribs. Raven gulped in pain, struggli

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Twists and turns with every post. Great job.

16. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    CHAPTER 8

?So,? Barbara wore her black plastic framed glasses as she listened to Helena?s story of her ordeal at No Man?s Land. Dinah had told her about Danielle being the new owner of No Man?s Land, but her ability to fight the way she did came to her as a huge surprise. ?It appears the rumors that our new friend told me about earlier are true then.?

?I?m still confused here,? Dinah protested. ?How can they both have the same exact powers??

?There is still more missing pieces in this puzzle. My guess is that this boyfriend or husband of Raven?s does not have exactly the same power. Did he use any meta-powers at all??

?No, actually, he didn?t,? Helena replied.

?It?s fully possible that he can only change shape and not acquire the powers. If this is true, I speculate that his powers to shape shift is not natural meta powers. Not to put down the accomplishments of Danielle, but it could be a major part of why he was easily defeated. He might not have the same fighting skills.?

?No, I mean, you should have seen her fight. She could give me a run for the money.?

?How did she learn to fight like that?? Dinah asked.

?She didn?t really say,? Helena replied.

?Curious,? Barbara replied. ?I think we need to be carefully about our new ally. There?s more to her than meets the eye.?

?I?m willing to trust her,? Dinah volunteered with a shrug. ?After all, you two didn?t know everything about me when you took a chance and took me in.?

?Point taken,? Barbara conceded. ?Very well then, let?s give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe she will tell us one day. Her information is proving rather useful thus far.?

Helena folded her arms in an awkward silence between the three of them. Sensing the tension, and looking at both women, Dinah sighed. ?I think you two need to get things straighten out. I think I?ll go study now.?

In a flash, Dinah disappeared, making a beeline off the ramp. Also feeling awkward by the silence, she leaped up and sat on the station next to one of several monitors. Unfortunately, she did not have the luxury of skipping out on this conversation like Dinah.

?Listen Helena, our relationship in the past twenty-four hours or so has been somewhat strained, wouldn?t you say? I think part of it may be my fault.?

?You?re fault?? That got her attention quickly. This was not the direction she thought this was going to take.

?I?ve been mourning for the past few weeks, and at the same time, I may have made you feel like that I blamed you for Wade?s death. I want you to know that there is nothing further than the truth. I do not blame you for his death. If anything, I blame myself. Maybe if I told him the truth from the beginning, none of this would have happened.?

?Barbara, it?s not your fault either. Look at yourself, you?re probably the biggest computer geek in the world. You always put your life to the side for what we do. This clock tower has become kind of your shield from reality. Wade was the best thing that has ever happened to you. He opened your eyes to reality. Don?t let his death take that from you. Don?t give Dr. Quinzel that much power over you.

Barbara took her glasses off and smiled. ?Geek, huh??

Helena laughed. ?The biggest.?

Danielle had closed the hangout early to clean the mess left by the intruder. In all, the damage was not that bad as it could have been: a broken table, a few broken chairs, and tons of broken glass mugs and shot glasses. The retail value of the damage, in her estimation, would be well below a thousand dollars.

?Can I help?? Helena entered the hangout with s grin on her face.

Danielle stopped sweeping but did not look back at her. She took a deep sigh as she clenched the wooden handle of the broom until her knuckles were white. ?What do you want, Raven? Your boyfriend or husband has caused enough damage here for one day.?

Raven morphed back into her true self since there was no need of disguising herself. Her long black coat morphed into a shorter black leather coat. Her short black hair morphed into an long blo

17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    So glad that Barbara and Helena worked out their issues.

18. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    CHAPTER 9

Barbara read the not as Helena tended to Danielle?s wounds as she sat on top of the pool table. ?She?s trying to lure you into some type of trap. I don?t like this one bit. This is all on her terms, and we have no advantage whatsoever.? Barbra said, putting the note down.

?I agree. I wouldn?t do it, Helena,? Reese added as he folded his arms.

?We have to do something. This b**** framed me for murder. The only way I can clear my name is to take her out.

?I agree, but we need some kind of leverage especially when we are now talking about two of them.?

?We do have an advantage. There?s three of us now There?s Dinah, myself, and now there?s Danielle.?

?I?m sorry, Helena, but I have no interest in fighting. I hate fighting. I may have the skills, but I use them for defensive purposes only. I did what I did in the bar because he was going to kill you.?

?Helena, we?re talking about your life. You are going to die if you do this. It may be two-on-two, but we need something more than just the numbers game.?

?I?m dead already! My life has been stolen from me, and I am going to get it back!?

?Perhaps I should lend a hand here,? Reese offered. ?I doubt these two can possible think I?m a threat to them. We can use that to our advantage.?

?You too?? Barbara shook her head. ?Am I the only sensible one left? Going after her now is suicide.?

?That might be the advantage we need,? Reese stepped up to the plate. ?Perhaps by being sensible, we?re playing into their hands. Our normal routine has not been working this far. Perhaps it?s time we think outside the box.?

The location was the fifth story of an abandoned condo. In fact, the entire fifth level of the building was a one room studio. With wooden floors, it looked almost like some kind of art studio. Helena walked cautiously through the room. ?Okay, I?m here! Show yourself, Raven.?

?So, you?ve gotten the nerve to show up, after two beat downs. I have to admit, I didn?t think you would come.? Raven stepped out of the shadow with a smirk on her face. They were facing each other from opposite ends of the studio.

?You?ve gotten what you want. You have me. What is it you want??

Raven smiled. ?Oh, you must be talking about clearing your name.?

?I know you have something to do with this,? Helena said with a firm look on her face. ?Tell me, why?

?Why frame you for murder? Isn?t that obvious? I wanted your attention.?

?You had it when we first met. Why go through all this just to frame me for murder??

?Does it really matter? I killed that officer, and framed you for it just to make this all the more interesting, and I must admit, this has been very interesting. Anyway, What does matter is that I am the only way you can clear your name. All you have to do is beat me.?

?What?s the catch? You really think I am going to believe that you will make a confession to the police that you killed the police officer? Do you really think that I am that stupid??

?The catch is that we fight until the death. I am sure that my dead body will be more than enough evidence of your innocence. You have more than enough witnesses to vouch for you, and when they test my body, they will find that your story checks out. That?s IF you can beat me. If I am not mistaken, the score is 2 to zero in my favor.?

?Well, three has always been my lucky number.? Huntress said. Her eyes changed as she went into her Huntress mode. The two women charged at each other like trains heading for a head-on collision.

As they approached each other, both women leaped and met in mid air. They both threw a punch as they met in air. Their punches canceled each out as they flew past each other and landed on the ground. They turned around to face each other and charged at each other once again.

This time as they arrived, arms and legs were swinging and kicking in a blur. Huntress broke it with a kick to Raven?s gut, causing Raven to lean forward to gasp for air.

The Huntress formed a fist with her right hand and she slapped Raven across the face with t

19. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Resolution and hopefully Reese survives. great update.

20. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    CHAPTER 10

Both detectives did not flinch nor did they dare drop their weapons. They moved in a circle, which made it all the more difficult for the Huntress to determine who was who.

?Come on, pull the trigger. I dare you.?

?You first.?

?How about not,? Dinah appeared out of nowhere between the detective Reese?s. She grabbed the gun-holding wrist of the detective on the left and all it took was a few seconds for her to know the truth. ?Hi, Reese.? She smiled as she kicked the other detective in the gut with enough impact to send her flying backwards right towards the Huntress.

?Thanks for the help, partner.? The Huntress smiled. She jumped into action and continued what Dinah had started. She went in heavy with the kicks to Raven?s ribs as her body morphed back to her normal form.

While the two women were fighting, Reese and Dinah stepped back to watch fight, not daring to interfere any longer: their job was done.

The Huntress spun around on her left ankle and tried to high kick Raven across the face, but Raven had already recovered from the series of blows and ducked under the kick before leaping up an over the Huntress? head only to land behind her.

The Huntress spun around, her leather cloak whipping around her with a very sharp snap, only to find Reese standing there with a gun to her head. ?Do me a favor and die!?

the Reese doppelganger pulled the trigger, releasing the bullet. Using her full meta-powers of agility, she twisted herself in a position to just barley avoid being shot, however the bullet blew past her and found a new target. Reese yelped as he fell to his knees, holding onto his wounded shoulder blade.

Everything in Huntress wanted to look back at him and run to his help, but she could not afford any type of distraction, especially with someone as dangerous as Raven standing before her. Raven was back in her form as her face displayed a satisfactory grin on it. The Huntress returned the grin with a raged look; a look of murder in her eyes.

The sounds of sirens began to echoed from outside the open windows. Helena was ready to attack, but Raven had ran towards Reese and Dinah . Dinah posed ready for the attack, thinking she was the her target, but she wasn?t the target at all. Instead, she knelt down just shy of reaching the two of them where she picked up the micro recorder that fallen out of Reese?s pocket when he was shot. She opened it up and pulled out the mini cassette out. Turning back to face the Huntress, she grinned as she dropped the cassette to the ground and crushed it with her heal.

?It appears that you were holding back on me as much as I was on you.? Raven said lightly. ?It looks like our final battle must be put on hold for awhile. The police are here, and their coming for you, Helena Kyle.? Raven smiled.

?I don?t care. We?re finishing this right here and right now!?

Raven morphed into a very hefty, mascular form. She was now Commissioner O?Reiley. ?What are you going to do, kill the police commissioner in front of the officers? All I have to do is kill him it?s all over for you and your friends.?

The Huntress snarled, knowing that she was backed into the corner. There was nothing she could do, while she was morphed as the commissioner. She looked down at Reese then back up at Raven. ?Don?t worry about your boyfriend here, Helena. He will live. He will be taken to the hospital. Things won?t go as well for you, however.?

?Come on, Huntress! We have to get out of here!?

Huntress looked towards Raven only to find her already gone.

?Helena, go, I?ll be fine!? Reese urged.

?Let?s get out of here,? Helena?s nose flared. Both women ran across the studio and climbed out of the farthest window from the entrance they could find.

Danielle was back at No Man?s land, sitting on a stool at the bar. She was still sore from being beaten up by Raven. She didn?t want to go back to her apartment yet, even though it was way past closing time. She just wanted to spend some time alone.

?I thought I might find you here,? Barbara

21. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I really like how you gave an ending to the story, but at the same time you didn't wrap it up into a nice and neat little knot. Good writing with such a complicated dynamic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.