main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Birth of Anakin, Sidious, My theory

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthCemeroX, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    I recently had a conversation about Anakin's birth. My friend claimed he was born by the force in order to bring balance. I have no doubt that he's the chosen one. But...

...My theory is such. We all know Sidious talked about Plageuis having the power to influence the midiclorians to create life. Well I believe that Sidious did so with the brith of Anakin. In order to gain a stronger apprentice of his personal specifications. He may have tampered with him, and gave a father like image of Palpatine that later surfaces in ATOC and ROTS. I think Anakin's birth was completely Sidious's doing.

Anybody agree disagree, have opinions or anything?

2. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    My oppinion is that you should search the forum for a similar thread. It is my theory that this is or has been debated alot. It is also my theory that this thread will be locked because of this. ;)

I would still like to welcome you to the forum though.

3. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    And why would this thread be closed again?

4. Darth_Laudrup

Darth_Laudrup Jedi Master star 4

Jul 7, 2004
    Because the Moderators want to limit subjects from being brought up in to many threads, and I believe this is being discussed in another theory. I am not sure though, but I believe it is.

5. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Right...

Well... that's cool and all...but I posted it in this thread, because the topic clearly wasn't very well placed, and I didn't find in my time prior to posting. So I posted it, and It's a thread dedicated to the subject so maybe rather than it being spilled into another thread, it can be done in an appropriate thread.

And hey if it gets locked that'd be kindas stupid, since there's no real reason other than the one you mentioned. Which I just explained.

6. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I think Anakin's birth is basically what is outlined in Episode 1 with Palpatine's story about Plagueis either being completely false or Plagueis created Palpatine to be the greatest Sith Lord, who then killed him in his sleep.(as that would explain why he was able to rival Yoda in power so quickly.) I also think it would work thematically by making Palpatine himself a personification of just what's wrong with the Dark Side.

7. Dark_Side_Disciple

Dark_Side_Disciple Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2007
    It might have been discussed before, but nothing beats not having to read through 500 posts before i can say my say :p :)

Sometimes a new thread on the same issue just sparks off differently and the conversation takes on a more complete and meaningful life than those before it.

The only problem is that this very topic is the sort of topic with no answer, no end.

You will have people who believe that Plageous created Anaking and people who don't and neither side has proof that what they Believe is the reality all must accept.

Nothing i know of in the star wars universe directly and explicitly states that Plageous created Anakin, or that Sidious learned to create life also and created Anaking or any of the theories on Anakins Creation by a living force user.

There is no debate, because there is no proof in favour of or against anything regarding these theories really. Only one fact exists, there was no farther, Shmi carried him, gave birth to him and it is how it is.

500 pages later and i guarantee you, noone will have proved otherwise unless something is OFFICIALLY released from Lucas or Lucasfilm licensed material like the EU into the current knowledge base we all draw from to debate star wars.

Kinda anti-climatic isn't it :(

8. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Exactly, but speculating can still be fun. :p

9. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
  10. Dark_Side_Disciple

Dark_Side_Disciple Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2007
    Indeed it can :)