main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Birth of the Rebellion Shown???

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by thesuperstarwarsfan, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesuperstarwarsfan

thesuperstarwarsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Sine Episode 4-6 are about the Rebellion and their war against the Empire, the creation of it will probably be shown in Episode III, right?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. StarWarsFiend

StarWarsFiend Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2004
    [image=http://i85widening.org/upload/padlock.jpg]

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=15086428&start=15096745&search=rebellion

3. thesuperstarwarsfan

Jun 21, 2004
    This topic has no reason to be locked.

4. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Oh no! Beware, thesuperstarwarsfan. You've angered the numerous mod-wannabe's on these forums with your EU related topic. They will come along now and post pics of a lock and try to tell you you're in the wrong place, when you're clearly not (it is Episode III related, after all). Seriously, don't all you people have anything else better to do? Leave the moderating to the actual mods.

Anyway, about the Rebellion founder showing up. It's possible, I guess. I may have missed it, but I don't think the EU character's name has been confirmed, so who knows?

EDIT: Well, I see you've edited your original post. I assure everyone, there was a mention of the EU character that helped found the Rebellion with Mothma and Organa.

5. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    I think he saw what you said about the EU person and jumped the gun.

On topic.. I think the start Rebellion will be talked about in Ep3 but I dont think it will be shown, they do have 20 years to get the ball rolling.

6. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Will EP III show the formation of the Rebellion? is a topic already started and the link is below the picture of the lock. The user was just trying to prevent redundancy.

7. StarWarsFiend

May 23, 2004
    wow nice of you guys to think before you post. It should be locker because THERE IS A THREAD ALREADY IN EXISTANCE THAT IS THE EXACT SAME THING. He should have posted on that thread and not this one. If you have followed my link you would realize that. And im not a mod wannabe for christ sakes im just started posting here in '04. Dont transfer you hangups onto me. You guys are all upitty about EU half the time and over half the people on this site dont give a crap either way on EU. Get over yourselves.

EDIT: (edit retracted)

EDIT 2: And WTF is EU related about this. I dont see anyything EU related, i should retract my last edit.

8. JarJar146

JarJar146 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2004
    go to massassi.yavin4.com/sw/m3_index.htm you will read that there is a lengthly scene where the rebel alliance was formed.

9. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    im sure padme, bail, and mon mothma will discuss their reasons for rebelling, but since this is the formation of the mpire, i doubt the rebel alliance will form at the same time. most likely, there will be individual rebels who are powerless, and sometime during the years of the empire, they will join to become the alliance.

10. master_imperious

master_imperious Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    Yes. This is something that is too big to be shown in a TV Series, or a book, or in a video game that makes up the whole plot screwed up like with Episode 2 pertaining to Boba Fett and Dooku. The birth of the rebellion is pretty much expected by any Star Wars fan. There is no need for any spoiler to prove this, it's just you know it's gonna happen in the movie.

11. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    According to a spyreport, we will see evidence of the rebellion. This is confirmed by Pablo. But, how the actual scene plays out, is anyone's guess. We will see prototype x-wings as well. So there is our evidence.

12. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Don't lock this thread, it has every right to be here.

13. KFAnnie

KFAnnie Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    i was under teh impression that the rebellion was birthed in episode two? no? NO?!!!

14. Darth_Malt

Darth_Malt Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    It has a reason to be locked because we have 8.5 threads on this issue.

15. T16Skyhopper

T16Skyhopper Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2002
    How can you have 8 and a half threads?

Oh, and in regards to the topic, I cetainlly hope mention of the rebellion is in the movie, if there isn't, it should be.

16. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    I think we will see a formation of the beginning of the Rebellion, but i dont think we will actualy see them active untill,4-6!

17. thesuperstarwarsfan

Jun 21, 2004
    We will probably see Bail Organa, Mon Motha, and Garm Bel Iblis (if he is the EU Character, otherwise just Organa and Motha) talk about rebelling or showing them make an alliance.

18. KAKAMAN

KAKAMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    StarWarsFiend
    Dude its not the exact same thread. The one to your link is called "Will episode III show the formation of the Rebellion" This one is is called "Birth of the Rebellion Shown???" Sheesh there is a huge difference.

19. thesuperstarwarsfan

Jun 21, 2004
    Thank you KAKAMAN. Besides, that was posted in March and I posted this in July.

20. StarWarsFiend

May 23, 2004
    Re: The formation will probably be shown in episode III right.
    Re: Kakaman

Dude this is the exact thing discussed in the other thread. your wasted or something.

21. thesuperstarwarsfan

Jun 21, 2004
    Well, that thread died. Can we get back to the actual reason this was developed...Will the birth of the Rebellion be shown?

22. JediJamesT

JediJamesT Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2003
    Maybe a very small shot of a group, Bail, Mothma, etc. voicing dipleasure at Palpatine gaining control. But remember there is a 20 year gap from III to IV. And the opening scroll of ANH advises that the rebels have scored their first big victory by getting the plans to the Death Star. That is a long time for a full fledged rebellion to be going on without a victory.

In a sense of the stirring of revolt. Yes. In the sense that the rebellion is as big as it is in ANH. No. Something like that would occur closer to ANH. Most likely 1-2 years before. Smaller guerilla warfare planet to planet maybe before that. But the full scale Rebellion, IMO, is not formed to long before ANH.

23. StarWarsFiend

May 23, 2004
    It didnt die. People just keep posting new threads, instead of continuing old ones. Then we have to see a bunch of posts where ppl say what they have already said about 20 times on the previous thread. And you could have probably just read the old thread and got the answers your needed. this has just become the place for 04ers to discuss this, that is most likely the only reason it still is here.

EDIT: by the way let me introduct you to that link under all your posts that say 'edit message' no need to post to things in a row just to bump the thread.

24. thesuperstarwarsfan

Jun 21, 2004
    We are moving on StarWarsFiend and actually going to discuss the topic.

25. thesuperstarwarsfan

Jun 21, 2004
    Anyone else have any thoughts on this issue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.