Birth of the Rebellion Shown???

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by thesuperstarwarsfan, Jul 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    :cool: read the comics, and be ready for more alien rebels to fight between 3 and 4.
  2. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    I was going to post the exact same thing myself :)
  3. CaptCM54 Jedi Padawan

I know my question is off topic but related. However, I just think it's strange that the rebellion could have been created with or without Sidious' knowledge. Sidious is a powerful Sith Lord, seeing as how he could sense the thoughts of all beings, force-sensitive and not. He took away all privacy screens from the senate during the Clone Wars. It was to either reveal the corruption of senators or to keep them in check so no noe would oppose his rule later on. Was Dooku lying to Obi-Wan about that or was he telling the truth? We all know the senate was corrupt because either Palpatine influenced it that way or because he exploited it. Whatever the reasons, the rebellion began. Couldn't Sidious prevent it from happening or did he allow it for some strange reason?
  4. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    the rebellion was really created to destroy the sith who destroyed the jedi and padme (or as they all thought), plus it was because they didnt like the way palpatine was controling the galaxy, but some humans still desired for power and they joined the empire, but the rebellion who wanted peace like the naboo, fought as the rebellion including our hero's luke and leia, even thought they didnt know untile after episode 6.

the rebels are alot of species, cause some are hiding on tatooing like hammerhead in the canteener to find out new infomation for the rebellion.
  5. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    it sort of is when you hear the blue clone trooper at the jedi temple say the word a rebellion.

this means there was sort of a rebellion when the empire fought the jedi, cause the empire turned the jedi's into rebel's by making the jedi fight the empire.
  6. lrdmonarch Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can imagine that once it was talked about on Coruscant that it moved to Alderaan.
  7. poodookoo Jedi Knight

star 3

Really? That's funny, because I seem to remember the Emperor ordering Vader to shut down all the droid armies in ROTS.

I think you've been watching too much Battlestar Galactica, mate! :)
  8. Sidious_T Jedi Master

star 4
    Aussie's been worrying too much about boobies in the movie, if you saw the thread he started last night......lol

Anyway, I hope the scene is reinserted in the DVD and not let in the cut scenes section of the DVD..... We'll see.
  9. Obilieveinme Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin said Padme was acting like a seperatist what more do we need.[face_thinking]
  10. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    There was an entire Rebellion scene shot for the film that unfortunately was edited. I would've love to have seen it. I can see why it was edited. To start a Rebellion so early in the life of the Empire may have seemed quite radical for the film and may not have fit the natural flow of events.
  11. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    It worked great in the Novel, but reading a Novel and watching a movie are two different things. I don't think you can have just one scene to show the Birth of the Rebellion. As in the Novel, there needs to be two or three scenes to really establish the idea of the Rebellion. Unfortunately, as Sape said, it was edited out. There just wasn't enough time for everything.
  12. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Part of the reason the Rebellion sequence was cut from RotS was because it ultimately blurred the focus of the film. Not in a literal sense (:p); rather, the focus of RotS was Anakin's story and the scene about the Rebellion was a detour away from that story. Hence the edit. Without the scene Lucas kept a tighter story, entirely focused on the main protagonist Anakin Skywalker. Had he left the scene in, we would have detoured to something with only tangential applicability to the fall of Anakin Skywalker.

I still would enjoyed seeing it.
    :)
  13. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I can understand why it was edited and for the most part I agree. I think Mon Mothma didn't have to speak, but a name drop or a close-up in the proximity of Bail Organa would've been a nice touch.
  14. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    for the droid rebellion, you'll notice that the droids on mustafar were still working making more droids, and when palpatine came, he wasnt concertrating on the droid factory on the planet mastafar, but on vader to be repaired.

the droid army of the sepratists will be used and known as a rebellion while as I said already, bail will secretly creat the real rebellion out of different life forms and beings.
  15. PADMELUVA Jedi Master

star 4
    well her name is never said in ROTJ, so i think it would have been nice to see the meeting in his office. the meeting in padme's aprtment is too redundent, and too many characters. the one in organa's is more to the point, and mothma gets more lines.
  16. Kish Jedi Knight

star 2

Are you on crack?
  17. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    these droids will be a good way to a/ destroy the empire, and b/ to keep the empire busy while the real rebellion gets made for battle after the droids are destroyed as bail would know.
  18. bloodbrother23 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Aussie, you make no sense whatsoever, you sound like the girl from my school who had never seen Star Wars in her life trying to tell me that Luke was Anakin's middle name. first of all, there are no mroe leaders of the Seps, they are literally done for in Ep. 3, remeber anakin slaughtering them?

Also, why would Bail, who didn't stand up against the Empire, take his enemies droids, even though they were shut down as that whole situation would go even higher and unnoticed by the Senate and the Emperor.

Basically, I either think you don't know as much as you say about Star Wars, or you're just keepnig this up to annoy the crap out of us all.

19. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It sort of a perfect way of using your enemys own weapon against them by controling them to do your bidding, and anyone could have a droid army of there own to control, since droids are not clones but machines.

It would also resemble something like the scenes you might have seen in other films of droids (or Robots) fight man kind or there foes, so the droid army is a perfect way to fight the empire, after all alot of clone pilots got destroyed by the fighter droid in space.
  20. TheCRZA Jedi Master

star 4
    Bail Organa wouldn't even risk his effeminate, foppish self to save that
    jedi kid at temple but you want a scene 20 minutes later of him committing
    an open act of treason against the empire? That would make no sense.
    There should be NO birth of the rebellion scene in this film.
    It's ridiculous and would only appease people who want Mon Mothma to lines.
    Rebellions take time to coordinate. Who could they really trust THAT soon?
    It would be absolutely farcical to include this in the film. Cutting it
    was one of the more brilliant cuts of the film.
    Sorry folks, I don't need to see everything which occurs between 3 and 4 occur
    on film to get it or understand it.
  21. bloodbrother23 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Aussie, it was a full scale space battle, of course a lot of clones died, that's what they're there for. And if you're refering to Oddball's squadron, there were about at least 50 vulture droids against at the most 10 tri-wings.

I don't even know why I talk anymore, none of this sinks into Aussie's skull. (apologies if that's offensive)
  22. AUSSIETROOPER20 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think where obi-wan took padme for help was part of the rebellion for now, as was his crew and the jedi who fought the clones.
  23. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 10
    Nope. It was just a simple world that was probably neutral.
  24. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    No but there is probably a deleted scene where the Politicians like Giddean Danu, Fang Zar, Mon Mothma,Padme, etc are doing the delegation of the 2,000.
  25. Master_Ti Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes. That has already been confirmed! :D

*~*Ti*~*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.