main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

birth of . . . .

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ghost_Jedi, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Alot of us have assumed, and I believe rightfully so, that we will see the birth of the empire.

I was wondering do you think we will see the birth of the rebellion? We have already scene one key character from the ot that is a leader in the rebellion, and that is the one bail organa. Do you think we will see the birth of the rebellion, or characters from the ot, that were leaders of the rebellion such as mon motha or admiral ackbar?

***edited for grammar***

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    We might see that Bail and some others are quite unhappy with the situation, but I don't know that the Rebellion needs to be in Episode III. It is not any great leap of faith to believe that an armed rebellion could have sprouted in the 20 years between III and IV. Remeber that the opening crawl of ANH states that the Rebellion had just won their first victory against the Empire; if the insurection had been going since the beginning of the Empire, it would have died out long ago, if it was unable to win any type of victory.

3. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Well, I think if we see in Ep. III that the Republic is trying to tighten its grip, rather than stop an insurgence by The Separatists, we will be asking ourselves that what the Republic is doing is now unfair.

Then the situation will be calling for a rebellion, but we may not see that, except someone we are familiar with, shows that they making plans to "fight another day" against Palpatine at the end of Ep. III.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    "We'll meet again, Spiderman!"

"I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next tiiiiiimmme!"

Uh....yeah. Anyway, do you think we'll actually see Bail Organa with the other leaders of the Alliance? Mon Mothma, Garm Bel Iblis, General Riekkan (sp), etc.?

I'm not sure if we'll see them band together, slit their palms and declare, "all for one, one for all", but at least a mention should be made.

What would really be unexpected is if in the ashes of the Confederacy lies the embers of the Alliance.

I mean, the Confederacy is kind of a Rebel Alliance right now - while they will lose the war, one would think the political/administrative structures they have set up could mean they could reform any time.

5. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    "We'll meet again, Spiderman!"

"I'll get you next time, Gadget! Next tiiiiiimmme!"

LOL! [face_laugh] Good one! 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.