main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Birthday Cakes and Rum~ a short Sabe story (yes, another one!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Oct 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Shame on you Obi, for blowing off Sabé like that! *shakes finger in annoyance*

Other than that, I really am enjoying this fic! :)

2. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    "I see a bad moon rising..."

Obi, this isn't looking good for you.

3. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Bad Obi bad! You can't hurt Sabé like that!!!

Very good Ami! Please post more soon!

4. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    I am SOOO looking forward to the Cali-Ana post! You have no idea!

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, here's a big one!

@@@@@

Sub-consciously, Cali-Ana Angli smoothed the white tablecloth with her manicured nails. Her right hand drummed the table nervously as her eyes searched the diners. The Skylight Club wasn?t elite, but it was one of the more respectful recreational activities on the planet. It had been over year since she had come to Coruscant, having spent her adult years traveling the Core Worlds. It had been a slow healing process, and she doubted the scar would ever fade completely, but she was moving on with her life.

But moving on didn?t mean forgetting Obi-Wan Kenobi. That scar was too deep, and while she should be turning her shoulder, she wished desperately to see the Jedi Padawan and talk to him. It?d been a decade since she had seen him. When that red-head Tessialian had devised a scheme to reunite them for a few minutes.

Who would have thought that her healing factor for her checkered past could have become the worst scar she could burden? Obi-Wan had wanted to support her, be there for her again, but she had pushed him harshly away. He would find all the comfort and love he wanted among his friends at the Jedi Temple, she had thought bitterly. She?d forgotten how many people had cared for her there as well. She?d run away from the consequences, committing herself to a mental institution until she was eighteen. Those two years had been long and painful.

Now, she was a better person and didn?t hate herself, but the memories were a painful memory everyday.

Her eyes trailed away from the magnificent view of Coruscant?s skyline, spotting the brown-robed Jedi entering the quiet restaurant. A painful twinge of her heart strangled her for moments, and he turned, eyes finding hers in an instant. Her eyes stung and she had to blink. How much he had changed . . . Slowly, he wove his way through the random scatter of private tables, Jedi stoic hiding all expression. Cali wished fervently she had mastered that skill before leaving the Temple. An old habit of chewing her lower lip returned, her throat closing up with emotion.

The Jedi Knight paused, slowly taking a seat across from her. Those blue eyes that had been in her dreams for years now returned from the dead to haunt her. Cali fought hard not to burst into tears, her eyes stinging from the effort.

? . . . Obi-Wan . . .? she managed to choke out.

?Cali-Ana.? It was simple statement, but Cali could read so much from it. Obi-Wan had rarely called her by her full name, choosing Cal or Cali. He usually smiled whenever he whispered her name, and she would tug on his braid and call him ?Piggy? or ?Pigtails?. //That is in the past// she reminded herself. It was clear Obi-Wan was going to play Jedi today, businesslike with that cloud of dread over his shoulders.

Obi-Wan watched her, knowing her own mind was working at a rapid pace. Once, he could have read her emotions and feel a connection between them. Now it was only a tense pain. She was still so beautiful, even more so. No trace of red dye marked her golden-blonde hair. Her hazel eyes were still that bottomless sea of emotion, and her lips still sweet and tantalizing. Ten years had only added to her beauty, and he remembered kissing her, cuddling, their secret moments behind the waterfall . . . all of it pressed in on him, and he wanted release.

?I?m glad you came,? Cali-Ana said, a weak smile forming on her trembling lips. ?I didn?t think you would come.?

?Did I not tell you I would always?? Obi-Wan bit out, surprised by his harsh tone.

Cali-Ana reddened and her eyes fell to the tablecloth where her pearl-polished nails picked. ?I?m sorry . . .?

?What do you need?? Obi-Wan asked impatiently. There must have been something wrong with the restaurant?s atmosphere control, for it was stifling hot.

Her red lips pressed together, and Cali-Ana spied a waiter. She wanted to delay her news as long as possible, even if every second spent with him was only causing her old emotions to arise. ?Let?s get something to eat.? Obi-Wan

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, I did NOT see that coming! She's getting married????? What a way to drop the bomb of all bombs!

Now go run to Sabe and be comforted, Obi-Wan!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Three

It was wearing into the early evening hours, as Sabé sat in the parlor, the finished game of Intrigue sitting on the low table. Amidala and Anakin in the kitchen, the queen feeling a bit revived and suddenly ravishing with hunger. Saché and Eirtaé were fixing a small dinner, and Sabé felt alone listening to their voices

They had spent the day playing games, and she had opened the small gifts from everyone, wearing the gift from Amidala now. It was a soft dress of burgundy, a light velveteen that shimmered when she moved without being flashy. It accentuated her slender curves and brought out her eyes. She had liked what she?d seen in the Queen?s full mirror, and everyone (including Anakin) claimed Obi-Wan would fall over when he saw her.

If he ever came.

With a mournful sigh, she pushed herself up from the sofa and walked over to the large window overlooking Coruscant. It was the beginning of another beautiful sunset, but to her it was an ugly evening. Even with her friends? help and her resolve to be optimistic and accept the fact Obi-Wan hadn?t kept his word, she felt ready to cry.

The door chimed. ?Jedi Kenobi,? the guard announced over the com.

?Let him in,? Sabé said into the panel. She heard the kitchen?s occupants stir and enter the parlor. She answered the door, startled by who greeted her. ?Obi-Wan! Is everything all right??

?Fine. Are you ready?? Obi-Wan replied, his tone far from friendly and cheer full. His hair was tousled and his eyes were gray and stormy.

?Yes . . .?

?Good.?

Sabé regarded him, sensing the emotional turmoil within him. ?Maybe this isn?t a good idea, you look tired??

?I said I?d take you out, didn?t I?? Obi-Wan barked, giving her a cold look. ?Are you coming or not??

?Yes . . .?

?Then hurry up!?

?Master?? Anakin called. ?Is everything all right??

?Yes, Padawan. I?ll be back later.? Then Obi-Wan turned and brushed past the guard without checking that Sabé was following. The handmaiden gave her friends and uncertain look, then followed the Jedi. When she caught up, he didn?t even look at her nor speak.

They caught a turbolift and shot down several levels. Sabé was not familiar with Coruscant, but she knew the lower they went, the less pleasant the world became. Obi-Wan stared at the wall over her head, eyes glazed and far-off. She settled for staring at his booted feet, knowing what not to say. He hadn?t looked at her the way he had yesterday, and the gift?s potential joy was lost. Swallowing back her tears of woe, Sabé tried to concentrate on something more pleasant. She?d one the second game of Intrigue, and had come close again before Anakin had wiped her out.

Obi-Wan barely acknowledge the silent handmaiden, his thoughts far away from the turbolift. After departing from Cali-Ana, he had found one of the higher towers and let his emotions. It?d surprised him, and frightened him to learn the true depths of his pain. He?d walked for hours, and it had only been an hour ago when he?d realized he had left his Padawan with the Queen and her handmaidens. A good deal of Corellian curses had come to mind, and he had grudgingly kept his word to Sabé. The last thing he felt like doing was courting another woman, even if it was for a night.

The doors opened and he stepped out, feeling a bit better now that they had arrived at Drunken Man?s Row. It wasn?t a particularly clever name, but the complex of cantinas and dance clubs was the perfect place for a man to lose himself for a night. He never drank, because alcohol limited his control of the Force, but he could handle it for a night. And Sabé was old enough and responsible to take care of himself. She could probably find someone to spend her evening with, especially with a figure like hers.

Sabé frowned, confused by their destination as Obi-Wan merged into the busy sideway of people of all species entered their chosen haven for the night. A prostitute was strolling past, giving Obi-Wan a suggestive look. The Knight ignored her and stepp

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *sigh* Up

9. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    Oh, REALLY BAD Obi!

10. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Yes, bad Obi! I'm so mean to him, aren't I?

@@@@

?Ah, Jedi Lady Friend,? the bartender greeted, spotting her immediately. ?Decided to have a drink did you??

?Yes,? she said. ?Something light, and without an awful bite.?

?Ah, I?ll see what I can do.? A moment later a pink drink was pushed before her. Sabé accepted it, giving the beverage a cautious sniff.

?Don?t drink that unless you?re prepared for some heavy hangovers,? a friendly voice said behind her.

Sabé turned, finding the young man she had spotted moments before. ?Thank you,? she said, setting the drink down.

?No problem,? he smiled, edging his way to the counter beside her. He turned to the bartender. ?Give this young lady something pleasant, Ho?Pip.?

The bartender grumbled and produced Sabé with a new drink. She fished in her coin pouch, but the young man placed the credit on the counter. ?Oh, you don?t have to do that,? she said quickly.

?It?s on me,? he said with another charming smile. ?By the way, I?m Rilliam.?

?Sabé,? she said, returning the smile. He was quite good-looking, and appeared to be in his early twenties, with blonde hair and soft gray eyes. She took a sip of the drink. ?This is good,? she said, unable to keep the smile off her face.

?It?s my favorite. It?s only effect is placing me in a dancing mood,? Rilliam said. ?I wonder if it will have the same effect on you. Shall we see??

?I can?t dance like ?that-,? Sabé said, glancing down the balcony to the close-bodied figures.

?I?ll teach you, or will your friend object??

?He isn?t capable of coherent thought,? Sabé muttered, gazing at Obi-Wan in disgust. He was slouched in his booth, staring his drink down. ?Sure, you can teach me.?

?Wonderful!? Rilliam took her by the elbow and found his own path through the mass of bodies towards the source of the pounding music.

The heat from the crush of bodies was suffocating, and the music was deafening. Rilliam?s hand on her elbow wasn?t rough, but firm and solid as he led her onto the dance floor. Sabé stood there, feeling stupid and ignorant as everyone moved around her. Rilliam seemed to find the beat easily and move with it, greeting several dancers next to them with a ?hello? and a winning smile.

?Just go with it!?

?What?? Sabé shouted over the music.

?I said just go with it!? he yelled, cupping his hands over his mouth. ?Here!? Rilliam stopped his dancing and placed and arm around Sabé?s waist pulling her closer to him. She tried not to jump at his contact. He didn?t tell her to placed her hands anywhere on him, but kept his arm around her waist and began mimicking his earlier movements. ?See? Move with me, and you?ll learn.?

Sabé tried to obey him the best she could, feeling strange being pressed so close to a man. But slowly, her tense muscles loosened, and the music wasn?t quite the loud racket like before, but having an energetic beat to it. She stopped concentrating, finding it impossible to concentrate, and began losing herself in the beat and rhythm of everyone around her. The heat wasn?t bothering her, only fueling more energy.

?See?? Rilliam smiled. ?You?re a fast learner.?

11. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Bad Obi... Sabé deserves better than that!

Great posts Ami!

12. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    :makes a face: Go away, Rilliam! Leave Obi and Sabé to themselves and stop interrupting the mushy scene! :screams loudly and scares him away:

Nice Cali posts, Ami. Do we have *any* Obi/Cali story that ends happily, though? I want to see them live happily ever after one of these days; maybe Sabé could get dumped for once - -

Wait, what am I saying? Slap me next time I say that. Please. =D

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Actually, I've been wanting to do a JA story with Cali-Ana was a regular Padawan. She was my first SW character ever created and a Padawan in my first story (which was never posted). I was just worried that people would like the different life for Cali (although I'd think SHE would like the original scenario better!)

14. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    Gosh, I never thought Obi-Wan could ever be like that!!! It's... hum... weird to read about a drunk Jedi...

15. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    *gasps* Blasphemy! JMMJ, I'm shocked at hearing this coming from *you!* ;)

Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan. *shakes head sadly* You'd rather drown your sorrows in a drink and be a smeghead, allowing the very solution to your problem to be danced away by some smooth-talker. Bad Obi-Wan.

I think someone mentioned a 'drunk Jedi dancing in a fountain' scene earlier... seems like the time for that scene would be coming up pretty soon...

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    okay, I finally caught up to this story.

Obi-Wan, i think Sabé should offer you Women's best friend: MIDOL.

17. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    Please post soon, Ami! I want to know what happens next!

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, hope this long post will excuse my abscene. Remember, alcohol has a rather unruly effect on Jedi, and Obi-Wan's not quite thinking too straight. :) And we need an old fashioned bar brawl, don't we? Well, not serious.

Obi-Wan frowned in confusion, staring at the empty booth. Where had Sabé gone? She?d been gone for awhile, and at first he?d thought perhaps she had gotten a drink or made a trip to the fresher. But it had been a good hour, and she wasn?t around. Staring at his fourth drink, he finished it and got out of the booth. He would have to find her.

The floor was strangely unsteady, and he braced himself against the railing of the balcony, his eyes wandering down to the dance floor. The cluster of sweating bodies was dizzying and he blinked, rubbing his forehead. He was about to turn away when he caught sight of her. He blinked again.

Sabé was down there, dancing amongst them, with a man holding her close. Too close, Obi-Wan thought in dismay. Their bodies were crushed together, pressed close by the other dancers and of their own accord. Sabé had shed the outer layer of her dress and cloak, revealing the shorter skirt and sleeveless top. The man?s hand rest on the small of her back as they dipped with the music, and Obi-Wan glared with fierce eyes.

Sabé didn?t dance like that. What was she thinking? Dancing with a complete stranger like that in such an outfit? She was wearing the most clothing of anyone on the floor, but that fact didn?t matter to Obi-Wan. He clambered down the stairs, pushing past several embraced couples. His eyes didn?t leave her or her new companion. There . . . he was whispering something in her ear, and she?s laughing! Tilting her head back as she laughs, exposing her neck for his taking.

Obi-Wan felt his anger rise. No one should be looking at Sabé like that. What nerve she has! Without further delay, he pushed through the dancers, grabbing Sabé by bare shoulders and spinning her around.

?Obi-Wan!? Sabé cried in surprise, still swaying her hips with the music. ?I was wondering if you come down!? She smiled and turned back to share the other man in her smile.

?What do you think you?re doing?? Obi-Wan demanded, shouting over the loud music.

?What do you mean?? Sabé asked, her brow furrowing in confusion as she continued to move to the beat, one hip brushing against his.

?You can?t be dancing like this and exposing yourself!?

Sabé stopped dancing, her eyes flashing. ?You can?t boss me around, Kenobi! I?m trying to enjoy myself!?

?Yes, I can see that!? Obi-Wan yelled, glaring down at her. ?Come on,? he grabbed her wrists. ?I?m taking you home.?

?No!? Sabé cried, trying to yank her wrist free, but powerless under the Jedi?s determined grip.

Rilliam stepped in. ?Hey, leave the women alone.?

?Women?? Obi-Wan sputtered. ?She?s just a girl!?

?I said, leave her alone,? Rilliam repeated.

Sabé felt the Force move as Obi-Wan glared back at her new friend. Then it burst, and Obi-Wan?s fist struck out, colliding with Rilliam?s face and knocking him to the floor. ?Rilliam!? she shrieked, yanking her wrist free from Obi-Wan and kneeling down next to the fallen man. The dancers around them paused, stepping away and staring. Rilliam?s eyes were closed in pain, and his hands covered his nose.

Obi-Wan stared in disbelief as Sabé knelt beside Rilliam, gently removing his hands and exposing a bloodied nose. How?d that happen?

?Rill?? Sabé pleaded. ?Are you all right??

He opened his eyes and nodded weakly. Sabé sighed with relief and kissed his forehead. ?Can you stand?? Inwardly, she was seething, wanting to turn and rip Obi-Wan?s eyes out, but her first concern was Rill. The Jedi could go piss on a wall for all she cared.

?Yeah.? Rilliam grunted, then pushed himself off the floor. He glared at Obi-Wan, and Sabé realized his intent too late. He let a fist fly. Obi-Wan barely blocked the blow with his own palm, then he drew back.

?No!? Sabé cried, stepping in between them. A heavy

19. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    OK Obi, you better sober up and be prepared to plea for forgiveness!

20. Angel_of_Naboo

Aug 18, 2000
    *wipes away tears of laughter*
    I just can't stop laughing... Obi-Wan Kenobi drunk, in a fountain... LOL!!!!

21. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    :)
    I loved this one!
    hmmm... Obi shouldn't have drink that much...

22. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Question: I've been wanting to do a fic with Cali-Ana, only that she IS a Padawan, taking some of my original plans for her (before USJS came into effect). Would anyone object? My longer Sabe (and other people) story I might hold off for awhile.

Now I have to go write some more

23. Senator Lorena

Feb 21, 2000
    No objection here. I know the story would be good.

24. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    I wouldn't mind seeing that story either, Amidolee.

25. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    *shocked tone* OBI-WAN!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.