Birthday Request

Discussion in 'Killeen, TX' started by Tandeer, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Via Todd and the website mail, I have received a request for us to do a kids birthday party in Feb. I have sent Sunshine all the details, but I wanted to get a feel from the membership on doing this. The gentleman wants to "hire" us. I told him that we do not "hire out" as that is against Lucas Film and Fan Force rules, but if he wished to donate to one of the charities we support, we could probably help him out.

How do you all feel about doing this?

As with all appearances, Sunshine will be in charge and the contact person.

The gentleman and his family have been invited to attend a meeting and I would like to be ready with an answer when they show up. *S*
  2. KellyJeanne Jedi Padawan

i'll help where i can, I always do
  3. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you KelleyJeanne, it will be most appreciated, I'm sure! *S*
  4. KellyJeanne Jedi Padawan

i'll do whatever sunshine asks me to do , if she decides to do this im in, if not i wont be there either
  5. pattwa_fett Jedi Knight

star 1
    seems like a nice thing to do, but I agree...we did talk about liabilities and stuff before...debate on this we must.
  6. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Been doing some research on this topic in the CR boards. Still have more to do.

I received another letter from the gentleman, thanking me for the info I sent him. I have shared his previous letters with Sunshine. He and his son are big fans and have visited our website often. They will be at the meeting on July 9th. I would like to work this out before then so as to not embarass ourselves or them.

What I've been researching is the aspect of "for hire" and charities. If I can't find a definitive answer soon, I will contact our RSA. This may come up more and more as we become more visibile in the communities.

Whether we do this or not will be the decision of the general membership.

7. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey :)

I've been lurking and I'm looking into a reponse from administration. I should have some info tomorrow. :)

Elizabeth
  8. Calest_DaSule Jedi Padawan

I have thought about this and I will have to decline. Going into a business is one thing, but going into a strangers home is not very comforting. Too many things can happen ie. things missing and things possibly getting damaged.

Paul
  9. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank you Elizabeth! I was just about to write you as I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere and my eyes are starting to cross from all the research. *L*

Not sure if the party will be in a home or not, but that is a good point.
  10. britt1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I agree with Paul and will decline as well. Would it be possible for us to maybe take a group photo in costume and present it to the boy? That way he would at least have something!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.