Saga Birthright - Post ANH - AU - Han, Luke, Vader, Leia, etc. - CONCLUDED 5/1/05 - More Replies up 5/4

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by GreatOne, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Birthright

Six months after ANH. - AU

The undercover agent had been pleased with the substantial reward, and left the Star Destroyer more than eager to continue his work as a spy, doing whatever the Sith ordered him to do.

The Sith was also pleased. Vader now knew he had a chance to find his son before it was too late. He picked up an old holograph, staring at the lovely face. The face of his wife, his one true love. Yes, he'd felt love at one time, and now that he knew his son had joined the Rebellion he felt a stirring inside his heart he hadn't felt in years. Emotions other than rage, bitterness, loss... hate. His son...Padme's child. Feelings that not so long ago would have been foreign to him were now bubbling to the surface. Protectiveness. Pride. He hadn't been able to hide this fact from the Emperor, unfortunately. Obi-Wan had betrayed him one last time when he allowed Luke to leave Tatooine and join that foolish Rebellion. So now Palpatine had discovered what Vader had kept a secret for nineteen years, and was demanding he find his son and turn him to the darkside so Palpatine could use Luke, like he'd used Vader for all these years.

There was only one problem with that command. Vader didn't want to turn Luke over to Palpatine. He was tired of being a puppet, a pawn for the Emperor. Flicking the holo of his wife off, Vader realized he not only wanted his son by his side as he took down the Emperor, he needed Luke by his side. Palpatine wasn't the Chosen One. Anakin Skywalker was. Anakin Skywalker, a name he'd given up years ago, only now he wanted it back. All he had to do was locate his son, and that may happen faster than Vader anticipated.

The smuggler that had saved Vader from taking his own son's life was on his way to Acoda to pick up supplies for the Rebellion. The only person waiting for Solo on Acoda would be Darth Vader. There were no supplies, just a trap.

Acoda

The Corellian and Wookiee found themselves strolling along sidewalks down the rather narrow, winding streets as they tried to locate the proper building. A cold breeze whipped through the streets, and Han found himself wishing he'd worn warmer clothes. No one in the Alliance warned him Acoda was downright cold this time of the year. Of course, a certain Princess might have warned him, if Han wouldn't have gotten into another war of words with her Worship right before he left on this supply run. Just thinking about the dark-haired Princess caused Han all sorts of conflicting emotions. A Princess and a guy like him.... it wasn't gonna happen, just like Luke had pointed out. So why did she occupy much of his waking thoughts, as well as a large portion of his dreams? He was chasing a shooting star, and he knew what would happen if he allowed himself to fall in love - he'd get burned. Better to keep up the impression he was just a cynical smuggler, only in this for the money. Chewie's bark interrupted his musings.

*Perhaps we are lost,* Chewie wuffed in concern as they struggled against the stiff wind.

"Corellians can't get lost," Han growled at his co-pilot, then broke into a large grin as he pointed toward a non-descript building. "There it is... that's the number and description Madine gave us."

No sooner had the words left Han's mouth than a dozen stormtroopers appeared from both directions down the narrow street, blocking their exit. Automatically Han drew his blaster, feeling his body tense and hoping the Imperials were looking for someone else. That hope was quickly shot down as the stormtroopers rushed toward them, firing their weapons.

The Wookiee brought up his bowcaster while Han shot back at their enemies, pushing Chewie toward a parked landspeeder.

"Get inside the speeder," Han ordered sharply. "I'm gonna hotwire this thing so we can blast our way through the Imps."

Using the sides of the craft as cover, Chewie remained outside, covering his partner. There was no way he would get inside the speeder, allowing Han to remain ex
  2. Jedi_BMK Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool idea. Of course, with Han and Chewie in trouble, Luke will be doing something very stupid in the near future. Looking forward to more.
  3. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I can't wait to see where you go with this! :D

Looking forward to a new post.
  4. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Knight

star 2
    There was only one problem with that command. Vader didn't want to turn Luke over to Palpatine. He was tired of being a puppet, a pawn for the Emperor. Flicking the holo of his wife off, Vader realized he not only wanted his son by his side as he took down the Emperor, he needed Luke by his side. Palpatine wasn't the Chosen One. Anakin Skywalker was. Anakin Skywalker, a name he'd given up years ago, only now he wanted it back. All he had to do was locate his son, and that may happen faster than Vader anticipated.

The smuggler that had saved Vader from taking his own son's life was on his way to Acoda to pick up supplies for the Rebellion. The only person waiting for Solo on Acoda would be Darth Vader. There were no supplies, just a trap.

Vader is very determined to get his hands on his son and not to share him. This looks like it will be a great story! :D

5. HerHighness33 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just thinking about the dark-haired Princess caused Han all sorts of conflicting emotions.
    I'm sure it does... :D Great start, O Great One!
  6. Katarina42 Force Ghost

star 2
    Another one? Already? GreatOne, you must be running a plot bunny farm!

*settles in for next post*

Kat
  7. Webogirl Jedi Knight

star 2
    [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]Yea!!! A new fic from GreatOne! And I get to catch it from the begining!!!![face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

Great start, but how could I expect anything less?:D
  8. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    this looks like fun. And you've already hurt Han in the first post. :p
  9. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    A great start ... waiting for more! ;)

Han Solo and trouble undeniably go hand-in-hand.

Love it! [face_dancing]

ojn :D

10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    You don't waste any time, do you? You go right into the action - and you hurt Han already. :(

Oh well, I'm anxious to see how Vader's plan unfolds. Great start! :D
  11. Laura_Anu Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes! A new fic, AND I got to it the first day! I think this is a first for me...hahaha. Anyway, I've so excited! Vader is awesome!
  12. Solo_Fan Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader is going to use Han to lure Luke, but I bet this is going to unintentionally lure his daughter also. I like that Vader has always known about Luke. I do wonder why he never knew about Leia. Why did Padme hide her from him, but not Luke? Good start.
  13. Jeditheskyisblue Force Ghost

star 4
    So Vader wants his life as Anakin Skywalker back huh? This has started out great. A captured and confused Han and Chewie can't wait until Luke does come he will be in for a surprise.
  14. son-of-kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    more...more soon...get'em vader..get'em good...but not too hard!
  15. padawan lunetta Force Ghost

star 6
    Ooh good start! Yeah...hurting Han in the first post??? :'( And I'll bet he's wondering who the heck Vader's son is!
  16. Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master

star 4
    Very interesting start, GreatOne. Han really shouldn't try to hotwire things, should he? ;) It never seems to work out for him, poor guy. I don't like Vader having his hands on Han... This could get very painful. [face_worried]
  17. KnightedRogue Jedi Knight

star 3
    You shot Han! Twice!

Wow, GreatOne, I think you've officially joined the Han-torturers club now. [face_laugh]

So, will Vader lure Lukie-baby to him the way that he does on Bespin? Or will a more subtle method be used, I wonder?

*straps herself in* I'm all set!

*KR*
  18. zsuzsa Force Ghost

star 1
    A brand New story :)

Han is already in a big trouble :D

Good start

Zs.
  19. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Jedi_BMK - Of course, with Han and Chewie in trouble, Luke will be doing something very stupid in the near future. Looking forward to more. - Aww! Poor Luke! He will only be trying to help! :D

VaderLVR64 - can't wait to see where you go with this!- I sorta have a vague idea.... subject to change of course! :p

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon - Vader is very determined to get his hands on his son and not to share him. - In this story, Vader is going to be a bit more determined to break Palpatine's hold. Especially now that Palpy knows about Luke! :eek:

HerHighness33 - I'm sure it does- And conflicting emotions for Leia, too! ;)

Katarina42 - you must be running a plot bunny farm! - I keep vowing to crush those bunnies, but they breed too fast! [face_laugh]

Webogirl - I get to catch it from the begining!!- Yup, another story. :) Thanks for reading!

RebelMom - you've already hurt Han in the first post- [face_laugh] - I figured I'd get it out of the way early, this time!

oldjedinurse - Han Solo and trouble undeniably go hand-in-hand. - Yup! Poor Han... now he's a 'guest' of Vader! :eek:

HanSolo29 - You don't waste any time, do you? You go right into the action - and you hurt Han already.- No point in dilly-dallying! :D Poor Han.... at least Vader ordered him treated for his blaster wounds! ;)

Laura_Anu - Vader is awesome! - He is fun to write.... and I hope to throw in a few twists along the way, as well. :D

Solo_Fan - Awww! You're reading, even though I upset you in my last story! I hope this means I'm forgiven! (I promise..... Leia will NOT end up with someone else!) ;) I bet this is going to unintentionally lure his daughter also.- Do you think? *face innocent* Why did Padme hide her from him, but not Luke? - I think she tried to hide both, but Obi-Wan messed up when he hid Luke. :eek:

Jeditheskyisblue - Vader wants his life as Anakin Skywalker back huh?- Yes, and he has more than one reason for wanting that, too! :eek: until Luke does come he will be in for a surprise. - Luke is going to find out the truth a lot faster than you might think. Muahahhaha [face_devil]

son-of-kenobi - get'em vader..get'em good...but not too hard! - Awww. Poor Han and Chewie.... walked right into a trap! :eek:

padawan lunetta - I'll bet he's wondering who the heck Vader's son is! - I'm sure he is, but he will be enlightened shortly. [face_devil]

Knight_Aragorn - really shouldn't try to hotwire things, should he? - LOL! It doesn't seem to be his strong suit, does it? [face_laugh] I don't like Vader having his hands on Han... This could get very painful. - Actually, it already has! :eek:

KnightedRogue - You shot Han! Twice! - :D - Who? Me? *face innocent* I could swear it was those nasty stormtroopers! ;) I think you've officially joined the Han-torturers club now- Just first NOW?? :eek: :eek: - Oh my goodness! I've tortured Han is sooooo many ways in all my other stories, already. Let's see.... I've drown him (several times, even in March's challenge, which was a humorous viggie) I've hanged him, I've broken many of his bones, I've thrown him into the carbonite pit many, many times, he's been beaten, battered, embarrassed, had amnesia, been left blind and stalked by love-sick witches.... Muahahahaha. [face_devil] - Poor Han! will a more subtle method be used, I wonder? - Ohhhh, it's not subtle at all this time!

zsuzsa - Han is already in a big trouble - I love putting Han in trouble! It's so much fun! ;)

The next post will be later this morning, after I have some time to tweek it! ;)
  20. mixza Jedi Master

star 4
    His first step toward ensuring Luke's birthright was completed.

Oooooh. I'm intrigued. ;) Great start, I like Vader wanting to be Anakin again; can't wait to find out what happens next.
  21. KnightedRogue Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, yeah, okay. You can be the president of the Han-torturer club now. How's that? [face_laugh]

*KR*
  22. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    mixza - I like Vader wanting to be Anakin again- But will he be able to become the man he once was? We shall wait and see! :D

KnightedRogue - You can be the president of the Han-torturer club now. How's that? - Me? President? I'm soooo honored! I will wear the crown with pride! (I do get a crown, don't I? Or is that just Royalty?) [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  23. GreatOne Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 2

Chewie regained awareness lying on his back, inside the main hold of the Falcon. For a few moments, he didn't remember how he got there, but when he sat up his side twinged, and everything rushed back. His wound had been treated, his fur was still slightly sticky from bacta. The familiar rumble of the ship's engines could be heard, but Chewie could hear nothing else inside the ship.

Cautiously, the Wookiee got up off the floor, carefully checking out every area of the ship. He was alone, and floating in space near the Acoda system; no other ship could be seen, either visually, or by checking the long range scanners inside the cockpit. It was then he noticed two disks lying on the console, both with Imperial markings. Chewie slid the tiny object labeled "The Wookiee" into a control box, hitting 'play'. The mask of Darth Vader appeared, and his deep voice filled the tiny cockpit. The Sith's orders were very clear. If Chewie wanted to ever see Han alive, he must do exactly what he was told. Terribly afraid for his friend and partner, the Wookiee headed toward the surface of the planet, knowing he had to waste precious time checking for tracking devices before returning to the Rebellion.

Groaning, Han put his hand up to his forehead, rubbing his eyes. His mouth tasted disgusting, like bacta. Why would -? He cut off his own thought process as he recalled the disaster on Acoda. The Corellian opened his eyes and pushed himself into a sitting position, noting the gray prisoner jumpsuit he was now wearing. Immediately he recognized his surroundings, since he'd been well aquainted with them in the past. He was in a standard Imperial prison cell onboard a Star Destroyer, and past experience had also taught him there was no escaping Imperial confinement without some outside help.

Swinging his legs over the side of the hard cot, Han inspected his injured leg, then checked his arm. Both were tender to the touch, but the bacta treatment had worked wonders. His worried mind wandered to his partner. Had they treated Chewie's wound? What had they done to his friend? Imperials were not noted for kindness toward non-humans, and the Wookiee culture seemed to be one of Palpatine's favorite targets.

Then there was the small problem of Vader. Han wondered if he'd be able to withstand the Sith's torture and not betray the Rebellion. Again, his thoughts centered around Princess Leia. He knew she had suffered a great deal during her time aboard the Death Star, and somehow she had withstood the torture, and survived. Mentally, he swore he'd do his best to resist, even if he died during the interrogation. But if they gave him the choice between watching Chewie suffer and die, or betraying Luke and Leia.... Han simply didn't know what he'd do if he faced a horrible decision like that.

Rebel Base, two days later

Luke wished he could understand the Wookiee language, but he still had a pretty good idea what Chewie was saying. "We'll get him back, Chewie.... I promise," Luke said to the loud and distraught Wookiee as he tried to read the fast moving words on the monitor that interpreted the Wookiee's speech.

"Sure, Luke," the dark-haired woman mumbled, her voice tight. "How? How are we going to get him back? You tell me that!"

When she looked up, Luke was surprised at depth of the anger and fear in her expression. Other Rebels had died or gone missing since Luke had joined the Rebellion, and while Leia had mourned them, her reaction over Han's capture was far stronger than he had expected, especially considering the amount of time the two spent bickering. For a second, Luke felt a twinge of jealousy, then pushed it aside with a rush of guilt. Han was in terrible danger, how could he be feeling jealousy toward his friend at a time like this? "We can go to Coruscant -"

"No!" she shouted at Luke. "It will be too late! Vader will kill Han... he probably already has!"

General Rieekan and General Madine had been listening
  24. Jedi_BMK Jedi Master

star 4
    *Luke, I need to show you something important. Alone,* he woofed quietly, and somewhat apologetically, toward Leia, waiting while the young man read the monitor. *Please, come to the Falcon with me.*

That can't be a good thing. Han's already in trouble and Luke appears on track to join him. More please. :D
  25. KnightedRogue Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well, I dunno, Leia. Why would they not include you? [face_laugh] I have no idea whatsoever.

Hmm, so Vader let Chewie go to bring Lukie back. I wonder if a certain princess will wind up tagging along anyway?

And, Ms. Mary, you can have the crown. I'll even throw in a scepter for you to complete the ensemble.

*KR*
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.