main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Bisons 2012 Dueling Show - "A STORM OF SITH" Preparation Thread

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002

2. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I can help with some of the sustenance. Amy said she can send me with some baked goods.

Also, Bryan: For any armor roles, should we put out the call to any of the nearby fanforce/garrison groups to see if they could help in supplying armor? Seeing that they most likely might not be able to attend rehearsals until the night before and game day, maybe putting out the call early so that folks can put this on the calendar. Thoughts?

3. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    I made a video to send out to folks in the 501st and Rebel Legion. Last I heard Chris was looking to get the offical welcome out ASAP but haven't heard an update from him in a few days.

If you know anyone who's interested, feel free to show them the video.

4. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Initial post updated to include Bill B. and Marty (thanks for reposting, Marty!).

5. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I've gotten a few requests and inquiries regarding dueling partners for this year.

My general answer is that, while some roles need to be assigned due to logistics (things like peoples' availabilities or physical restrictions), I am open to people pairing themselves up within reason. However, I am not ready to get to that part of it yet. We don't even have a full list of who can/will be dueling just yet, and I don't want to start assigning roles (that aren't logistically necessary) until that's a little more solidified. In the meantime, I would say start thinking about who you may like to duel with, taking things like schedule compatibility and physical restrictions into account, but don't ask me and don't post your suggestions for that just yet. When we get to that part of it, by all means fire away, but not for at least a few more days/weeks until we get some more of the initial groundwork laid down. I do fully plan on having everyone partnered up before the first rehearsal on March 10th, so we will be able to just focus on choreography at that time.

Thanks guys! :)

6. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I'll be out of town the weekend of the 25th. Sorry, I'll have to miss the filming.

Jon

7. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Thanks for the update, Jon.

8. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I will have the dueling rehearsal schedule as well as the details on February 25th's video shoot out to everyone via email by Monday.

9. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    Lisa and Victoria not available for filming on 2/25.

10. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I am guaranteed to be in town that day. I have no costume yet and having one created by then will be a near impossibility.
    Because of this I'm not expected to be needed nor will I plan to be there. If this is wrong and you'd like/need/want me there or I can be of help let me know and I will be.
    Else have fun all!

As I posted I'll do my best to have a full costume by the game as well as a dueling lightsaber. I cannot wait! :)

11. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Bryan, I have some sort of update for you. I will be home for the video filming on 2/25. I also have a "semi-in stone" schedule for the next few weeks. I will talk to you more in person, but will also email you what we discussed.

12. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Thanks Dan! I'll definitely need your Jedi costume for filming. More to be mentioned in the email going out soon. :)

13. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Jake & Jessica: I'll need you both as Jedi this year. Just let me know if that's cool.

14. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Bill B. has been upgraded from "Non-Dueling" to "Light Dueling Part" as a Jedi.

15. MassageVentress

MassageVentress Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 24, 2009
    It looks like the weekends are pretty clear for me,just as long as the times are after 2pm on Saturdays
    Week days are another story :( I usually work Monday thru Thursday 8:30-9pm. Friday's I'm off.
    I'll definitely meet with my dueling partner on seperate days,if needed:D

16. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Thanks Karen!

17. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Speaking with Antoine, it looks like he may not be able to duel this year due to his BPO schedule. I'll keep him on the email list until I get a 100% confirmation on that.

18. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005

Awesome video, Bryan!
    Let me know if you need a hand with handling logistics pertaining to rallying some people and contacts, et al.

19. MusicalNeko

MusicalNeko Jedi Master star 2

Apr 21, 2009
    Jedi is cool - alas, no Darth Gaga this year...

20. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    Bryan,

As with Karen I'm more than willing to set up practice times with whomever if needed depending on how crazy my schedule may be. Though seeing that I'm light dueling I'm not sure it would be needed. But just in case.

Also I just ordered my 2 sabers from ultrasabers. I am more than willing to offer my red sith saber for someone to use provided that I know/have met the person previously once or twice. Someone from out of town or someone who isn't really active I'd be less comfortable with letting use my saber.
    Everyone that I know and have met thus far I'd know would take care of and respect my $100 saber. Others I cannot say the same for. :)

Anyways use that for what you will and for your FYI and planning.

21. HippoFett

HippoFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2010
    I am a Jedi night, like my father before me.

Yeah, cool. Whatever. Be nice to lay some hurt on some Sith. I'm lookin at you Chris B.

22. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Due to Chris B.'s summer schedule, he is no longer able to duel this year. :(

He has offered to stay involved through rehearsals helping with choreography.

23. Marko_Ragnos

Marko_Ragnos Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I just messaged Bryan, I have been excused miraculously from work (normally a show I can't miss) to do this event. I am comparing my schedule and the rehearsals time right now. Go Sith!

24. Loseytwin12

Loseytwin12 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 14, 2010
    Tomorrow begins my training regimen, I plan to get back to my football shape by the second filming. Gotta look the part, too!

25. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    Got a little under the weather last night, still not great today but I will have an update about pairings soon. :)