main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bithy's Hopes for the Future

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Bithysith, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bithysith

Bithysith Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 6, 2000
    Well, I'll try not to be cliché with these, but as far as my life goes, the only thing I really want to achieve is a fundamental happiness. I think the following aspirations will help me to reach that goal. :D

? complete a degree in Psychology, preferably a PhD. Do work dealing with culturally related psychological states.

? move to a climate that includes a coast. I am a "mermaid" at heart, and my spirit is never truly at peace unless there is water nearby.

? swim with wild dolphins. They are my totem animal. :)

? to gain enough financial independence to be able to focus my time on my first loves ? art and literature.

? write a book. It doesn't have to be a best-seller... heck, I'd even publish it myself. I just want to share my ideas with others.

? to see mankind make meaningful communication with another sentient species, whether it be alien or terrestrial.

? see the ancestral lands of both myself and my hubby (the British Isles and India).

? live to an old age with my hubby. I'd also like to see humanity emerge from it's immature vices before my time on this earth is up.

:)

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    those are great goals Meg! :)

all well within the reach of some one as talented and gifted as you too. except for the communicating with another sentient species thing, you don't really have any control over that. or do you? [face_shocked]

;) :p

3. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    Your hopes are really nice.

So, what do the aliens say to you when they speak in your miind?

4. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Yeah, that and humanity actually getting past this infantile stage we can't seem to grow out of. :p

Thanks, Tom! [face_blush] You're such a sweetie. :)

5. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    You too, Erik.

The aliens say they are coming to take me home with them. :p

6. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Yes, go for writing a book Meg! Writing is a wonderful passtime. :D

I love dolphins as well. It would be fun to swim with them. I hope you get to one day. :)

~*Senoj*~

7. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    You're so lucky. I want to go to. Can you ask them if I can tag along?

When you write your book, I want a first edition copy, signed by you. Please?

8. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Thanks, Jones... I've always been fascinated by dolphins, for as long as I can remember. Perhaps it is their connection to the water, and their enigmatic natures.

Erik, I'm flattered! And if that unlikely event that I get published actually happens, I promise you'll get your wish. :)

9. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    And it takes a Meg to come up with wishes as unique, fascinating and intelligent as those.

What a mind. :)

10. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Casper, I'm blushing! [face_blush] That really means alot coming from someone with such brains. :D

11. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    Those are beautiful aspirations!! It made me smile just reading them, especially the dolphins bit. :) I live on the coast, myself, so I can't imagine NOT Living here. I suggest everyone do it at one time in their life. :D

12. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Thank you, April. :D I used to live on Vancouver island, right by a glacier white-water river and protected forests. It was such a magical place to live. I definitely want to feel that again at some point in my life. :)

13. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    You know Australia has a heck of a lot of coastline if you ever want to move. ;)

I wish you all the best in realising those goals, Meg. I also hope we break ourselves out of this selfish rut and bring some altruism back to the world.

14. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Yes, Meg! Better yet, name the characters in your book after us BB Housemates. ;) :D

~*Senoj*~

15. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    I'd love to go to Australia or New Zealand at some point in my life. A good friend of mine just spent a few months in Oz, and she was absolutely smitten. :)

Senoj, great idea!

16. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Those are great goals, Meg!

Swimming with wild dolphins? Does that mean you've been able to swim with tame ones? :)

17. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Thanks! :)

Hey, I never thought about it that way. I haven't been able to swim with dolphins in captivity, and I don't think I'd want to. They tend to just be shadows of the beings that they should be.
    I heard that there is a location on the southern coast where dolphins have become close to humans, and love to play and swim with people in the ocean.

18. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    I actually got to swim with some at a camp I went to. They weren't born in captiviity and they were only there either because they had been injured or beached or something. They rarely kept them over a month before they released them back to the ocean. They were the sweetest thing imaginable and very friendly!

19. Bithysith

Oct 6, 2000
    Ack! I am so jealous! :D I would love to have an experience like that one day... *dreamy sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.