main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga BLACK DAWN (TPM-AOTC AU- Anakin and Obi-Wan) - UPDATED 05/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: Reap and Wonderment: Black Dawn
    Summary: Obi-Wan begins his training of Anakin. Master and Padawan are sent on their first mission to Naboo when a Jedi Master goes missing.
    Date started: 12/12/03 Act One - Completed.
    Time Period: TPM-AOTC
    Category: AU
    Author: Sara Kenobi
    Notes: This is the second act of my Reap and Wonderment story. It's a Star Wars AU story that focuses on the early relationship of Obi-Wan and Anakin.

REAP AND WONDERMENT: ACT TWO:

Title: BLACK DAWN

Main Characters

Obi-Wan Kenobi *Ben Skywalker*
    Anakin Skywalker
    Kaldonna
    Bashyer
    Queen Arcadia
    Senator Padmè Amidala
    Senator Palpatine
    Bail Organa

Naboo.
    It was a world with thick beauty founded only in the most perfect of dreams. Every corner was the most beautiful candy for the eyes that anyone ever dare hoped to see in their lifetime.

It was also why that Jedi Padawan Kaldonna didn't mind having to spend the last few months on Naboo protecting the lovely young Queen Arcadia from the assassins being sent to kill the young ruler it seemed at every turn.

Arcadia was a tall, slim human female. She was also very young and under pressure to choose a consort to farther her family blood line by producing an heir. Her family was one of the oldest on Naboo and had ruled the system for many hundreds of years.

War and other misfortune had dwindled her line in numbers over time and that was why her people were so focused on getting the young woman to marry. She was almost the only one of her line left alive.

Kaldonna couldn't help but day dream of who she hoped to marry someday herself. She knew that such relationships of love were forbidden but for him she wouldn't care.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was the most handsome young man that she had ever set eyes upon in her entire life with the Jedi. He was also brave, brilliant and cunning. Also quite the showman with a lightsaber.

In the last few weeks he'd been instructing his new Padawan Skywalker with blade skill should the young boy ever need to defend himself on his own. Kaldonna found this odd as usually Padawans were students of the mind first before worrying over defense of the body.

Away here on Naboo, Kaldonna thought it would help her bring things in focus. Her master had also hoped this for her. But her love for Obi-Wan had only grown more deeply, and as she approached her seventeenth birthday, young Kaldonna thought of ways to express herself and devotion to the object of her love.

"You here at all?"

The young woman looked abruptly around her chambers in the Palace to see a tall man standing in the center of her living room chamber. He was dressed in stately robes and looked very regal in the blue material. The Padawan remembered who he was at once.

"Prince Organa. I did not here the Door chime sound. Forgive me, said Kaldonna with nervous tension in her voice. "How may I help you?"

"I was hoping to speak with your master, young lady Kaldonna," Bail replied with charm flowing from his tone in complete elegance. "Senator Amidala lead my way here. I'm deeply sorry for the sudden intrusion, but I was hoping to learn a security update about Queen Arcadia from Bashyer. As you know the Queen is my Fiancé."

"Of course," Kaldonna said still with a stutter to her tone. She blushed when she realized she couldn't control herself around this man. She couldn't control herself alot though lately around anyone. "My master is away in meeting with Senator Palpatine. Would you care to wait? She should return soon."

"I wouldn't mind that at all." Organa smiled kindly.

Kaldonna then lead the Prince back out onto the Balcony with her.

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    YAY!!! IT'S HERE!!!! GREAT START!!!!

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks D_P. I hope to have the next part ready, shortly. :)

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

"Stretch out with your feelings," Obi-Wan Kenobi told his young student as the boy focused his gaze on the lightsaber that his master had helped him construct just days ago. "Let go and free your mind from the negatives."

Anakin scoffed, unbidden, "Master, how can I do this? I cannot call my weapon out of thin air. It's not possible," the eleven-year-old boy replied hotly in annoyance.

"Not possible?" Obi-Wan beamed. With a slight motion of his hand Obi-Wan then called Anakin's lightsaber into his grasp with use of the Force. "I thought you said it wasn't possible."

"I'm only starting my lessons. You're expecting too much from me because I'm your brother."

"Would you like another master then?" Obi-Wan said emotionless. "I'm sure the Council could convince another master...perhaps in a year or more when you've had more training with the Youngling classes to take you as an apprentice."

"No," Anakin cried abruptly. "Look. I'm just not good at this."

"You will be." Obi-Wan insisted. "Your potential Anakin will make you a great Jedi one day alone. Even my master was impressed upon your testing afew months ago."

"Master Qui-Gon was only being nice to me because he wants you to do well with your first apprentice."

"That isn't so, Anakin."

"Sure."

The doors to the training chamber then opened up revealing Jedi Master Mace Windu. "Obi-Wan, the Council wishes to see you and Anakin strait away. There is a new mission of great importance."

"We're on our way, master." Obi-Wan replied. "Get your things, Anakin."

"Yes, my Master."

5. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I just caught up with the first act. This story is cool. I can't wait to read more. :D

6. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Can't wait for more!

Hope Obi has a romance with Kaldonna or (do I dare hope!) PADME'!

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    arrgg please pleaseeee no padme i can't stand her... and poor obiwan having to deal with anakin the brat.

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Jaina_Solo_15: YEA! My appy dropped in on me. 8-} I'm happy you took a look at my story and liked it. :)

Lady-Kenobi: You never know with me and who I'll pair Obi-Wan up with. 8-};)
    I'm not really leaning the direction of a romance at the moment for him though.
    Kaldonna will become someone that he cares greatly for, but I'm building a relationship with them very slowly. If he ever loves her it will be something very difficult for him to admit. :)
    Obi-Wan will have a connection with Padme in the story too though.
    Given how things happen in the end I've always felt it important that there's some sort of relationship between them given how much Padme entrusts him with in the end.

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl: I take it you're not a little Anakin fan. 8-} I always try and give Anakin a little more spirit, and I try my best always to make him realistic for his age. In this act he's still a young boy who's lost quite alot.
    He has Obi-Wan, but he's still very lost in his new life. Padme will befriend him though and hopefully he'll see that everything isn't hopeless. That he has a great future for himself. But it will be up to him where that future takes him.
    By act three he'll be a little older and more sure of himself though. :) At least, that's my goal as the writer. :)

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000

Bashyer stood intently watching the scene out on the Balcony. Kaldonna was in deep conversation with Prince Bail Organa, a known cad within the Alderaanian Court, and a galactic ladies man at large. He was also the consort of the young woman that they were sent here to keep safe. Everyone knew he would be marrying the young Queen soon.

But for a man engaged he looked quite comfortable in his conversation with Kaldonna, as his one hand was placed gently on the small of her back, and he was leaning down at her with a broad smile upon his handsome face.

It wasn't that the scene made Bashyer unhappy. What ever made Kaldonna smile made her smile. It was just knowing that this could go no where for her apprentice. She was young and was just beginning to see men in a different way than that of a child's eyes. Soon she would have to see that those feelings weren't for the Jedi and she would have to let them slip away from her into nothingness.

Her attraction with Obi-Wan Kenobi was difficult enough to deal with. Bashyer knew that the young woman did not need to fall in love with yet another man and see that end badly too.

Obi-Wan knew enough to treat her with a gentle hand and heart. He was never cruel and always kind with every stolen smile that he received just for him. Obi-Wan knew the time would come soon where he would have to tell Kaldonna that it was impossible. She was too young for him and it was against their ways.

But, this man...

Bail Organa made Bashyer very nervous indeed.

The Jedi Master went out onto the Balcony to break them up before things went even farther into the wrong direction.

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Aww the daddy master how cute [face_love]

11. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Bashyer is female. ;)

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    This looks cool so far! :D Keep up the good work!
    *Snrk* portraying Bail as a 'woman's' man! Now that's funny!!!! hehehehehehe Poor Bail... cool dude that's playing the character. Dark and muscular (sorta) nice lookin' too! Though Obi cuts the line for that specially in Ep II. Damn GL making Obi (Ewan) get a haircut for Ep III. Though the hair on Ani looks great for Hayden in Ep III. Guess the roles reverse sorta hehehehe

13. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    I haven't decided if I like Baysher. She sounds kinda cool, and she sound pretty great in that post, but she was also Dooku's apprentice, right?

This is a double accomplishment, Master! This has to be the first time I've ever ventured into the Saga forum. :D

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    New post, today. :)

15. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Upitty so it's near topage for accessing

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I'm sorry this took so long. :) Enjoy!

"Senator Organa, this is greatly unexpected," Bashyer chimed softly and knowingly, as the Jedi stepped out onto the balcony with the couple. "I see that you've been introduced to my apprentice."

The Prince gave a nervous expression of a child caught with it's hand in the cookie jar, and then slowly backed away from the young woman at his side.

Kaldonna was blushing furiously, confirming the worst for her master. She was clearly taken with the Prince and taken well. That was all they needed right now.

"What was it that you wanted, Your Highness?"

"I was wondering if there have been any happenings with my Fiancé, Arcadia, that I should be aware of, security wise. As you know, the wedding is very soon."

"No, in the last week there have been no attempts made upon your dear beloved's life, Prince. Never fear."

Bail gave another nervous look before turning back toward Kaldonna. "It was the deepest pleasure, meeting a lady, so very beautiful."

The Prince then exited the balcony, leaving Master and Apprentice alone.

"We have company coming." Bashyer began.

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
  18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    "Anakin, you should at least pretend for my sake, that you are not as excited as you are in returning to Naboo. If you have that grin on your face when we meet Queen Arcadia and Senator Amidala, they'll have you put away in the local hospital."

"I'm sorry, master," Anakin admitted softly, as he looked to his master inside the main cabin of their Ship.

Obi-Wan Kenobi, robes laid ever which way about his legs, was seated on the bench there, eating away at some unusual soup from Tatooine named Rubby.

Anakin had only enjoyed it as a boy, and Obi-Wan had taken a greater liking for it than he had himself and had been eating it ever since.

"You'd do well to eat some of this," Obi-Wan continued softly. "I have no idea when we'll be eating again on Naboo. Their meal times are different than Coruscants."

"I'm fine, master." Anakin grinned affectionately at the fatherly advice. "I ate something of master Yoda's before we left. That favorite stew of his- I don't know what it's called."

"As I said, eat now, or you're going to be sick later, for sure." Obi-Wan grinned back. "You should never eat anything that Yoda offers you, Anakin. I thought I at least taught that lesson to you by now."

"You know me, master." Anakin said. "I've always had trouble listening."

"Don't I know it." Obi-Wan beamed. "Why don't you go ask Rowenahka if we're getting close to the system while you're waiting, hmm?"

"Are Wookies nice to talk with, master?" Anakin asked carefully.

"She's been one of the Jedi pilots since I was a boy, Anakin," Obi-Wan replied. "For a Wookie, Rowen is very kind- really."

"If you say so, master." Anakin said.

Anakin then left his master alone with his soup. Hopefully, the way to Naboo wouldn't be much longer.

It had been some time since he'd seen Padmè Amidala. Four months ago on a trip to Naboo with Chancellor Palpatine. He was looking forward to seeing the beautiful young girl again that had once been Queen of her world.

Anakin was also curious to the cause of her no longer being the Queen of Naboo and was now the Senator instead. At the age of fifteen she was the youngest Senator in one hundred years of the Republic Senate.

Anakin couldn't help but feel great pride and hope, whenever he thought of her.

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Woo-hoo! Glad to see ya back in action for this one! *Snrk* poor Bail! You're cracking me up having him be a 'woman's' man *snrk!! hehehehe

Great posties!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.