main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Black-Dog's Redone Miniatures (Updated June 13, 2010: Mini Invasion

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Black-Dog, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice new figures Black-Dog

Love Darth Plagueis

2. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    WOOT MANDOS! You have been really busy since I last visited here, some really great stuff going on, I have already mentioned I like the shaper, but i'll say it again hehe ;)
    The custom paintjob on the mando's is spectacular btw, and I love the mini of Winter - there's someone who's overlooked now [face_thinking]

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Loved your latest art pieces. You created a lot since I checked out your threat last time. Please keep up that good work.

4. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Thanks much ye all. [face_blush]

Here be more SW minis made into characters from G.I. Joe/Cobra.

Beach Head

Jinx

Dusty

Range Viper

Toxo-Viper (version 1)

Toxo-Viper (version 2)

If ye?s been to Blue_but_beautiful?s art thread lately, you?ve likely have seen that awesome pic she did of the Yuuzhan?tar regulars at the EUC, depicted as Yuuzhan Vong (well, most anyway :p). I?ve been customizing some minis based on that work or art and this is what I?ve done so far.

YuuzhanVong_Rule

darthcaedus1138

Blue_but_beautiful

Black-Dog (whoever that is)

For the wiki that some folks in the EUC have started, I did an article on a breed of massiff reshaped by the Yuuzhan Vong. I?ve also customized a massiff mini for it, and this be the beast.

The Bhr?garhn

For anyone curious, here's the link of it in the EUCity Database.

5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I love the Vong ones, especially the Black-Dog (whoever that is... [face_mischief]... :p... )

Your Darth Caedus is the best one though... =D=

6. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thank you, Azure. These Yuuzhan'tar minis has been quite challenging, and the ones I'm doing for the rest are no different.

I got some great news, yesterday I finally got the Star Wars miniature that I'm gonna remake into Wolverine. I intend to have it done before the end of the month and hopefully by the weekend at the earliest.

For those who made the request months ago, I apologize for the long wait, as it will soon be over. :)

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very good on the miniature's! Makes me wish I had joined the club to get Laaxtiin Kiar done:p

I especially like the Bhr?garhn as for the newness that's been added to a familiar creature, although when it comes to the ruler...that doesn't look like his pointer finger in the air for some reason...probably just the angle.[face_whistle]

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    Awesome job as ever ;) I really like the work you have done taking the group pic and transferring it to the minis, my fave is YVR - you really did a great job on all of them though.

And a wolverine mini you say? I will be looking out for that one! :D

9. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thank ye both, and Mitth_Fisto, who be this Laaxtiin Kiar person? I?m assuming it?s an OC.

While better late than never, I finally got a mini of Wolverine done, and thank ye all for your patience. Now here he is:

Wolverine

Here?s also some minis on other characters who appeared in Logan?s movie. I used their appearance from various comics.

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Deadpool

Agent Zero

Also, in doing minis on the Yuuhzan?tar group pic, here?s two based on kecen?s character.

Elmira Val/Kecen 1 (from kecen?s artwork)

Elmira Val/Kecen 2 (from Blue?s pic)

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    loved the Vong and that beast is awesome.=D=

Great works again

And wolverine=D==D=

11. Blue_but_beautiful

Jan 16, 2006
    You already know I love the YV minis, but an amazing job on the X-men ones too :D I really like what you did with Emma Frost...have you considered doing a Mystique/Raven Darkholme mini (if you haven't already that is?) :D

12. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thank you earlybiurd and Blue :D, glad ye's like Wolverine and company.

I never really thought about doing one of Mystique before, but always wanted to do one of her boy Nightcrawler. But since I have no luck finding a suitable mini for him, I'd probably have a better chance with his momma. I just might have the right one to remake into Mystique, but if not then I'll make it the right one. :D

Maybe with Mystique getting done, I'll finally have an X-Assault display I've been thinking of doing.

13. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    In and out between work, I?ve got around to doing some more repaints and such.

Plo Koon, Jedi Master

Pekt, the Trandoshan slaver from Galactic Battlegrounds

Sharad Hett, Darth Krayt?s father

And as requested by Blue_but_beautiful, here?s a remade mini of the one of X-Men?s more memorable villains.

Mystique, as she appeared in the animated series X-Men: Evolution, post-season 1.

And some more mutants.

Banshee, legendary X-Man and former teacher of Generation X.

Doop from X-Statix, made mostly from dried pieces of paint rolled together. While not exactly a mini, it?s about the size of one.

BTW I could use some help in one of my works. I have only one spare Young Jedi Knight figurine, and from that I like try to transform her into one of the following characters: Natura Wan, a Falleen Jedi that debuted in the FOTJ novel Omen, or Lady Deathstrike, another X-Men adversary and one of Wolverine?s deadliest enemies.

Which one should I make? Natura or Deathstrike? Suggestions are appreciated. :)

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a Jedi.

Your figures are real nice with Plo Koon and Sharad Jet

Great details on them.=D=

15. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thanks earlybird, :) I?m glad you like my Jedi minis. Plo Koon became one of my favorite Jedi the moment I saw him.

Since only one person suggested Natura Wan over Lady Deathstrike. I?ll make my spare YJK mini into her. If I ever get another mini like her, that one will become Deathstrike.

Until then, here?s a couple of custom Yuuzhan Vong figurines, plus two extra.

Harrar, a High Priest from the NJO series.

Aspiration, from Blue_but_beautiful?s Yuuzhan?tar group pic. Jhc36 be next.

Royal Guard TIE Interceptor

Vivisector the gay werewolf from Peter Milligan?s X-Force/X-Statix.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Really nice new mini's. The Vong are awesome

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    *is totally out of breath*

Not only because I had to hurry through all your latest art pieces. Each mini took my breath away. You must have very steady hands and good eyes to create them.

=D=

Great! Simply the best!

18. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    nice work ^___^
    my favorite has to be darth caedus and wolverine

19. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thanks once again for the comments all. [:D]

Like I've said before, having lots of light around is a big time asset. I wish I had steady hands.

I've shown a pic of this guy in the Previous Fan Art Challenge on heroes, but here he is again.

Shado Vao from Legacy.

Here's more I've been working on:

Outlaw, from some old Deadpool/Agent X comics.

The rest are based from the video game series Mortal Kombat.

Sonya Blade

Kano

Slyce

Slone

Those last two are characters I made up from the Kreate a Fighter feature in MK: Armageddon.

EDIT: :oops: I forgot that I've also done the last mini inspired by Blue_but_beautiful's Yuuzhan'tar group pic. Here be the lad:

jhc36

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Blue will be very happy about the last one.

I am happy about seeing all those recent pieces of yours. So elegant, so vibrant.

21. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thanks Azure. :) Blue did like that custom YV mini.

Recently I've been remaking some Star Wars minis, and some Heroclix figurines into characters from DC Comics, mainly those from Gotham City.

Batman, based on the two Chris Nolan movies.

Mister Freeze

Scarecrow

Poison Ivy, repainted from another Ivy figure, one that looked more human.

Huntress. As with Ivy, this was repainted from a different costumed Huntress.

This next repaint isn't DC-related. I got this idea from seeing a certain icon here at TF.N from time to time.

Chiss Ewok

22. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    oooh batman ! ^____^ these are all so cool !

23. Black-Dog

May 27, 2008
    Thanks Kiki :), glad ye like my attempts at the DC universe. Here be more of my custom Star Wars minis, some old, some new, some hopefully familiar.

Tenel Ka

The Falleen Jedi Natua Wan, as I promised to do a while back.

Pic, from the Dark Forces saga. One of my earliest and IMO worst pieces, but I figured to take my chances and show it anyway.

Vagh Rodiek, a result of the Yuuzhan Vong?s conquest of Rodia.

A couple of Marvel minis:

The Anarchist from Peter Milligan?s X-Force/X-Statix

Prodigy, one of Spider-Man?s disguises in Identity Crisis, a crossover done over a decade ago. Like Pic this was one of my first repaints, and not exactly proud of.

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for all the BATMAN figures, you made me very happy with those.

[face_love]

And actually I liked your Pic, from the Dark Forces saga. I actually found it very cute.

25. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    Tenel ka is very nice ^___^ was the arm already cut?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.