main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Black Friday 2011

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Nov 18, 2011.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a week to go until 'Black Friday' in the US. If you know of any good deals for collectors post them here!

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    As I was coming home from Thanksgiving dinner last night around 9PM I could see a Toys 'r' Us and a Best Buy from the interstate and OMG it looked like there was a concert going on or something. I had to work Friday AM but even if I didn't there isn't a deal in the world that would've gotten me to wade into that mass of insanity.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I heard on Fox News yesterday that TRU were doing deals on Lego and Star Wars.

4. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    My Black Friday shopping was at Home Depot, buying tools and supplies to fix up an apartment.
    Sod the bloody consumerism feeding frenzy. I hope the Black Friday sales all fail! Sick and tired of the mindless barrage of ads.

If you want to do Black Friday sales, fine. But Don't go putting up Christmas crap until after Thanksgiving. If you put out christmas merchandise before the end of SEPTEMBER, you don't get to bitch and whine about poor last-minute sales in December.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I wholeheartedly concur. I despise Black Friday. I went out this year out of sheer necessity, and even late in the evening, there were people everywhere. All I was after were some frozen dinners, yet I was elbow-checking my way to the grocery section.

Yes, sales and other deals are nice, but I'm willing to overlook those just to avoid the crowds and just go shopping another time.