main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Black Friday - After Thanksgiving Sales! $8 lightsabers!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Rogue6, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hi All,

Walmart will be selling lightsabers for $8!!!

Here's the Ad to prove it! [image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/shemmy009/BF2005-WalMart-04.jpg]

2. Zero_has_lightsaber

Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2005
    Um, are these the same ~$100 lightsabers you find at Borders and other places?

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    No dude, they are the plastic Hasbro lightsaber that shatter after a couple of stong strikes. I also heard that they have other electronics on sale and you can buy stuff online.

4. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    yep WalMart will be the place to shop,,, that is IF you dare to fight in line with all the other crazy people who will spend the night there!

hmm... reminds me of something...

5. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Man I love black friday!

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Is Black Friday another updated remake of "Dragnet"?! ;)

7. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    yes, I have went to Wallmart to buy matt, Britney and me the episode III DVD and I have seen them. They have plenty in stock however, the sabers are not the 100 dollar ones they are the plastic kid sabers which sell for 20 dollars. Don't get too excited unless you are in a market for the cheap knock off. Two of those were part of Terrils costume at the Jabba Palace party, I made fun of him for that. Sorry Terril, no harm intended. We still like you.[face_laugh]

8. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Yes, I have went to Wallmart to buy Matt, Britney and me the episode III DVD and I have seen them. They have plenty in stock however, the sabers are not the 100 dollar ones they are the plastic kid sabers which sell for 20 dollars. Don't get too excited unless you are in a market for the cheap knock off. Two of those were part of Terrils costume at the Jabba Palace party, I made fun of him for that. Sorry Terril, no harm intended. We still like you.[face_laugh].
    Wallmart does not really have alot to offer in the Star Wars action figure section , I have been there yesterday with Britney and Ann.However, they sell the Mater Replika sabers on their web site for about 95 dollars.

9. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Ann, I am posting under you, you must of not logged out on my Pc.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I don't think Master Replicas would sell their sabers for $8, Eva. They'd just raffle them off for free. ;)

11. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    "Black Friday"? Is that another new movie starring Ice-Cube, or a Holiday honoring Charles(SithLord)Black? :D [face_mischief] But seriously...I actually found a kid's version of a Vader saber for $2.00 at the Spirit Store on Nov 1st for my nephew...

12. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    $8 is a good price even though it's a knock-off. I'll have to add this to my "day after Thanksgiving" shopping list. Should I get the red or blue? Hmmm ... oh what the heck it's $8 bucks I'll get both!:)

13. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000

I make fun of him all the time, it's okay. Although one day I expect him to flip out and attempt to kill me someday but all in good fun. :)

Actually the ones Terill had are the crappier saber that are not electronic that will be selling on Black Friday and there are a couple of reasons why you'd want to buy this type of saber but several reasons you wouldn't. The reason you may want to buy this saber is that is has an internal locking system that makes the blade stay in the hilt, which is kinda cool. They are cheap and kinda durable. They come in a variety of colors.

Now for all the reason you don't want to buy this saber. They have no sound. They are not movie accurate. You need two of them to be at least decent in lightsaber combat unless you are very good because it would be like a katana vs. a wakizashi. They have short range. They only have the Qui Gon Hilt with a variety of color blades but they also have an Obi Wan hilt from Ep.1 that I have not seen in a while. The hilt is fat and crappy to grip.

There are three criteria in which why you'd want to buy this saber... 1)You collect sabers (but even then I'd rather not get it.) 2) You are 5 years old and need it to a)deliver justice on evil doers b)complete your brown bath robe Jedi "outfit" 3)You are poor/cheap and can't afford the FX or/and electronic Hasbro saber.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It's funny how these are meant for kids, yet they make the hilts too big for little hands to wrap around!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.