main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Black Friday and The Fog

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Aunna_Lauren, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunna_Lauren

Aunna_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2006
    Been up and on the go since 4.
    My head is starting to swim.
    The fog was scary, the lines scarier.
    Off to go do more,
    What about you?
    Going to brace for craziness in line or do all of it online?

2. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I'm at work (volunteered for OT today), but itching to get home and just relax. We did 98% of our shopping last weekend. All we have left to do is decorate, bake cookies, and pick up a few more gifts.

3. Qui-Gon_Tom

Qui-Gon_Tom Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2006
    Still waaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooo early for me....

NO RETAIL CHRISTMAS......

However,
    My daughter woke up 4:30 am and I couldn't go back to sleep.....so...

I went through the fog to Circuit City to pick up a USB hard drive and a 4 dollar jump drive only to find out that there was a line going around the outside of the store....all just waiting to get in...what a bunch of nuts!!!!! I hopped back in the car and went home to make cookies.

Too early....folks!!!!

Don't give gifts...

give insults!!!!

4. longbino

longbino Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Yea I waited out in line at Target to try and get the Target Exclusive Imperial Shuttle as it was supposed to be released today only to find out that they didnt have any!:mad: I am not happy as I was told they would have them this morning. I am wondering if they dissapearred before being offered to the public? Any ways it was nuts! Some of those people are crazy and have no respect. They had to have the Orchard Park police come in and help with the line cause peolple were trying to rush the door. My god! Do you need a LCD TV that bad!?! when I got inside they had so much inventory overflow from electronics it was literally everywhere throughout the store. Judging from the people in line it seems that they would never even buy a TV like that but just find it necessary to do so today and dont even know what LCD means! Those deals can be had all year long and by better brands if you look around.

Oh well Happy Holidays to everyone

5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Snagged the 1GB Jump Drive and 1GB SD Memory cards and went back to sleep! Amherst was foggy and Circuit City was packed! Mission accomplished.

6. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Still at work...........zoning off...........trying to stay awake........waiting for Gil to come in............praying they send me home..........

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Trapped at work for OT.
    5 Hours to go.

8. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Slow day.

Volunteered to work Friday for OT I-)

Trapped at work...........zoning off...........trying to stay awake........saw Chris on the way out............praying they send me home..........

9. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Just got back from work, thankfully I only had a half shift. I think I just walked around in circles for the first 4 hours...

10. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    3.5 hours to go...must...not...fall....I-)

11. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005
    that must be nice to be almost done. i will be getting out on the 23rd...and i have to do all my shopping then.

12. Aunna_Lauren

Aunna_Lauren Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2006
    I"M DONE!
    Finally!
    *drapped over the edge of the chair exhausted*
    I got my Christmas, Yule, Chanukah, as well as Samantha's, Leto's, and Aaron's birthday gifts!
    I'm just gifted out!

Aw dang! I didn't grab anything for the holiday party!
    Shoot that means I need to get back out there tomorrow....
    Grrrrrr.....

Kyle, that's not too bad, you'll get some good deals then.
    Loads of folks wait for the last day and make like thieves. =)

13. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    According to my friends sister, the imperial shuttles went out the door last weekend at the transit target. Kinda funny because the box says not to be released to today.....She says that the store by the galleria had a bunch....I told her to call me if she sees anymore since I missed out the first time and refuse to buy one on Ebay for double the price. Other than that I havent done any of my shopping, checked the flyers didnt see much of interest to me. I usually do the get in line at some store at midnight rush into the store only to be in the car on my home at 610am with an empty wallet...It was nice this year to just sleep in!!!!!

Kyle if you need anything in particular let me know, maybe I can help you out

14. jedijaime

jedijaime Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    No, Imperial Shuttles come in tomorrow at noon at the Target on Transit & Losson. Anyone who went to Target today who didn't get what they want, Target is giving out rainchecks.

Is that better?!?!?!?! :p

15. MakanPyralis

MakanPyralis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2005

what is this?

16. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    I think their talking about the new Target exclusive Imperial Shuttle.

17. longbino

Sep 22, 2004
    If interested in one of these pm me today!

18. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    You're not becoming a scalper, are you now? :eek: I guess most of the stores didn't get them, but will soon... Rainchecks are available for that and the Falcon Transformer

19. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    I got out to the Best Buy at Amherst before the store opened by about a half an hour, and I was in a line that went all the way to PetSmart. :(

Didn't get into the store until an hour after it opened, but was able to snag a DVD burner and external hard drive, so it's all good. And yes, that fog was RIDICULOUS!

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Grabbed my Imp Shuttle tonight.

21. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    They just showed some "kid" (in his 20's?) on the news, selling PS3's on Galleria Dr. for 2 Grand a piece. The news was calling him an entrepreneur, yet somehow scalper seems more appropriate. Apparently he had 6 of them to sell, not including the one he's keeping for himself.

When asked where he got all the money to front the purchases in the first place? His mom o_O

22. longbino

Sep 22, 2004
    No no scalping here(unless its a PS3). I want one my brother does too and I have a friend out of the country that cant get them because of no Targets there. It will cost him as much to ship it though as to buy it. I would like to pick up 4 if I can.

23. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    Picked up my shuttle today. Target had a million...make that a billion of them on the shelf.

24. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Last week, the Target on Losson had a million exclusive Zev Snowspeeders.

25. longbino

Sep 22, 2004
    These things are everywhere at Target now taking up space. I was able to get three so evryone is happy, these things are really sweet I am tempted to open up so bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.