main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Black Friday: Fire Mountain Grill on McCain 11am until ??????

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Allrighty folks...

Here goes with the Black Friday thread.

The president has suggested Fire Mountain Grill on McCain. edited cause I screwed it up. (can't believe he got me on that one.)
    Buffet, so don't have to wait on orders and such...

I'm going to contact them and see if they can work with us on space.

If not, we'll just make sure one of us is there when they open their doors and stakes out a table space big enough for us (do they have tables or just booths...I can't remember...)

Anyway, post here if you're interested...or if you work that day nearby, what time you get your lunch break?

I want to make sure as many can attend who want to.

We're going to try and stick to McCain area this year since we did West Little Rock last year. (It's only fair)

So, give me input now!!

2. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    What date is black friday on I'm not familiar with the term? I may be interested in coming if I can work out my schedule.

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    First of all Hyper its Fire Mountain on McCain not Firehouse or FireFall Grill wich are both good places to eat but not buffet. Didnt want anybody getting confused.

Second Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. Retailers call it that becasue most bussiness's run in the red all year long then that Friday the sales are strong enough to push them into the black for the rest of the year.

Its a mad house around LR NLR that day but alot of people are off work and are coming to town shopping anyway. So for the past two years we have meet and had dinner.

4. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I can't believe I didn't get to start this thread!!!:eek:

...and I was going to suggest that we do it on your side of the river:eek:

I'm not sure I'll be doing the early morning shopping thing this year, but I'll be there for lunch. Looking forward to it! Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Beej.

5. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    hmmm, black friday. yea, i don't go out black friday cause the lines are HORRIBLE. plus that is christmas decoration day for my family. But if anything is going i'll see what's going on and if i can get away

6. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    The Fire Mountain seems like a good bet.

It's away from the mall traffic...(sort of) and has lots of space.

I'm going to try and talk with the restaurant management and see if they can work with us.

So, I need a head count...

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    You can count on 2 being there(Henry and Tre') I have to work(yea)

ShadowScout out

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So....
    That's the prez and prez Jr.
    Me
    Kynstar

who else?

9. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    My brood will be there.

10. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    So, is that + 4 for the McD's?
    Jaira's McD's...not Nyborg's...

Hee hee hee

I'm going on a limb until Kynstar tells me otherwise that Gary might be coming???

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Gary is scheduled to go to Louisiana for turkeying with his brother at Barksdale. And if he doesn't get to go he'll more than likely be working on that Fri. Mazzios doesn't get that day off.

I'll be there for sure :)

edit: Correction he's to have Turkey at his Gram's so he may be back in time for it. I'll double check with him

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Aha...he was at last years (remember battle cry = fish taco)
    hee hee hee

Kynstar Are you going?[/b]

13. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yup, 4 of us.

14. Kamikaze_TIE

Kamikaze_TIE Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2006
    I will be there I was with some of you guys at the chilis event being the TI without hoses well now Im fully complete on my costume if you guys dont mind me joining you my only problemo would be transportation I live out in mayflower but I will get there somehow even if I gotta walk in uniform to get there :)

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Just to clarify.

This isn't a "costume event"
    This is more of a hang out and have lunch on the biggest shopping day of the year.

Couldn't tell what you meant by "uniform"

16. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I said above I'll be there.

17. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    If my bank account allows me, I'll go. I won't know for sure before Sunday night, as I'm treating Jody to Crazy Habachi for her birthday, which is Sunday. We'll see. Hope I can.

@};-

18. WeyrleaderZor

WeyrleaderZor Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2006
    You guys DO realize that this is only a few hours before one of the biggest games of the year for the Razorbacks, right? I think we will try to make the 11am thing, but I don't know about whatever else follows - depends on the time it's getting to be I suppose. So count two up front, and depending on what's later we're a 'maybe'. ^_^

19. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    At least it will be mostly sunny that day. It looks like a few of you will still brave the post Thanksgiving traffic. Good luck with it. Stay safe. I don't think I'll be making it; another week is too much time before I get paid again, and I'm scrimping, due to some considerable unexpected expenses. Y'all enjoy lunch Friday. I'll be there in spirit, while my body is home recording the Meerkat Manor 13-hour marathon. ;)

Lavenderrose @};-

20. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Could've sworn that I posted this before. Here's a site to check out whar's on sale on Friday: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/

21. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    we will see here. Henry how much did U say a plate was at the last event? (fire mountain)

gotta do cracker barrell on thanksgiving

22. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Could've sworn that I posted this before. Here's a site to check out whar's on sale on Friday: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/...

That's ok, I've got 6 nieces and a nephew to shop for, so here's where I'll be shopping: http://www.abcdistributing.com/home/catalog/search.asp?KWD=Domestics. Wonderful prices, but I think you have to have or be in a business. I have a membership to a wholesale thing and a Kitty's Gifts checking account for whenever I manage to sell stuff at a flea market or something. So I went with that when I opened an account with ABC Distributing. Hope they gift-wrap and drop-ship. Haven't tried that before. Ciao!

Lavenderrose @};-

23. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    My family an I can be there barring disasters. There are three maybe four of us.

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    I can't remeber the prices, but I'll try and call tonight or tomorrow and get that on here...

I'm trying to get them to reserve us a big space...but, I haven't heard back, so I'm going to call them again here in a bit.

See everybody there.

If you're travelling...be SAFE!!!
    (wait a minute...I should be saying that to myself...hee hee hee)

Later
    Bacon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.