main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark BLACK FRIDAY

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Nov 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I hope this will be a multi-purpose thread. The biggest shopping day of the year is almost upon us (t-10 days--about 253 hours, I think).

Last year we had a lunch together (it was only six of us, but who's countin'?). I would like to do somesuch again.

As always, unless there is a very good reason to do otherwise, I will be doing my shopping on the Chenal Parkway strip, and since it is my idea (again ;) ), I suggest we do it there. There are many fine eating establishments within spitting distance of Wally's, Target and TRU, including IHOP, Purple Cow, On-the-border, Taco Bell, Subway, Sonic, Corky's, McDonald's, and that Italian place that we went to last year that I can never remember the name of... among others.

Since we will all be spending beaucoup de bucks that morning, it probably shouldn't be too fancy, but I wouldn't mind doing something better than fast food...

One of the other purposes I had in mind for this thread is a watch-out for deals and offers and SW related merchandise. Post anything we might be interested in so we can plan our attack.

Haven't seen any hint so far, but I for one am always hoping that basic figures or squadron-building ships are on sale...

2. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Jacob anything you decide would be fine with me I will probably be on the NLR side of town but will still come over there to shop some more and hang out. As far as special the only thing ive got so far is this::

K-Mart (.pdf ads available at BFADS.net - thanks to Mike from TheXmasPlace.com for the news)

LEGO: Buy 1 LEGO set, Get one at 50%
    Hasbro: Buy 1 basic 3 3/4" figure, Get one FREE!

Wal-Mart

Hasbro Electronic Lightsaber - $8.00
    Hope this wets your appetite.

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey!! Let me know when and where...
    We could make it a late dinner for those who are not fortunate to have the day off???
    I'm just trying to get more people accomidated...

But, Dodge, YOU did suggest it, so throw somewhere out there already.

I may have some of my teeneaged cousins with me, since I sometimes take them out with me shopping on Black Friday....But,they're well behaved (they're from dad's side of the family...)

I'll keep poking my head in here until someone, hopefully, decides on a place...

4. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Thanks for the tips, Henry. Keep 'em coming, people. The lightsaber price definitely whets mine appetite. The sale at K-Mart would be great, if they had any good figures, but they usually suck for that.

No, I think I will keep it lunch. My son's birthday is Saturday and we are celebrating with my family on Friday night before my sister goes out of town Saturday morning.

5. Knight_DLockens

Knight_DLockens Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    OK I'm in so much pain I can't think straight... what day is this Black Friday on? Day after Thanksgiving? If so I will be off (well it's credited against me, but I'm off). Lunch at that Italian place would be cool. I think I liked something there last time...been to long ago...

(edit: Sorry this is Kynstar...if you haven't figured it out as of yet)

6. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    The italian place is at the bottom of my list, actually. I was thinking more along the lines of On-the-Border or Corky's.

No offense, Denise, but I was hoping Dlock was a new member... Oops. ;)

7. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Either of those sounds good to me. And early is also good since I will be up and out about 4:00 am. So eat hang for alittle then bed Im sure. Dodge as soon as you get the time and place post it here and I will post it on the new Calander website. See ya Sat. everyone if not hopefully see ya Black Friday.

8. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    God bless you, Kynstar, for telling me about this thread! The only thing that scares me is the cut-throat crowd (and too many of them seriously lose their Christmas Spirit right off the bat!), but I want to go. Kyn, if I can carpool with you (so I don't have to mess with that **** traffic, I can help with gas. I don't have class on Fridays, so I won't be pressed for time. As far as place to eat goes, I'll just be grateful if it isn't Arby's. I have to analyze the menu just to find something I can stand to put in my mouth. Count me in, y'all!

See Ya!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

9. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I know some of this is old news but here is the latest list of deals for Friday::
    KBToys

FREE Star Wars Lightsaber with the purchase of Darth Vader Voice Changer for $24.99, regularly $34.99.
    Jedi Force Luke Skywalker with Speeder Biker - $9.99, was $16.99
    K-Mart

LEGO: Buy 1 LEGO set, Get one at 50%
    Hasbro: Buy 1 basic 3 3/4" figure, Get one FREE!
    Toy's"R"Us

Electronic Lightsaber Action 2-Pack. Includes 2 lightsabers, 2 figures and bonus poster - $39.97.
    Wal-Mart

Hasbro Electronic Lightsaber - $8.00

10. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I picked a tree angel of a little girl who wants either a bike or a board game. Friday I can go shopping for her. I don't know if a little girl would be interested in Star Wars stuff though. I guess I'll just play that by ear. I'm looking forward to it. See you then.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Ok People
    Lunch will be at 11:00,
    We will be meeting at On the Border

See everyone there.

12. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    For those that aren't familiar with Little Rock, On the Borders is across from Barnes and Noble and Toys R Us on Chenal Parkway...(I hope thats the name of the street. If you can, post on here if you are coming. I am going to try andget to the restaruant early and get a tablel and stuff like that. So, maybe, that way those that are trying to meet up with us on their lunch hours will be able to make it. So, maybe, some of us can get there early and such...
    Hope everyone has a good week. It's got to be better than last week was.
    Bacon

[face_pig]

13. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Police, I am counting down the days till this lunch; I just hope no one has too much hassle with driving and parking. Please do count me in. I'll get there one way or another.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

14. Count_Santa

Count_Santa Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005
    Looking forward to seeing y'all in the morning!

I've heard and seen some bad news about the Lightsaber sale at WalMart. It is for a new electronic lightsaber--actually old ones--old Obi and Qui-Gon hilts with blue and red and green blades, respectively, in new, cheap packaging, like the packaging on the basic sabers.

Will WalMart price match on Black Friday? I've had problems with it in the past, but would think the figure selection will be better there than at K-Mart.

Cya soon.
    Jacob

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Good Luck with the Wal Mart ad thing.
    I asked Mr A. and he says he doesn't know if they'll match them or not...

See everyone tomorrow....

[face_pig]

16. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Long time no see, everyone!

Just thought I'd drop in to see what everyone got, assuming you can tell and not spoil it for anyone. I ended up getting a pretty good deal on a 42" plasma TV at Wal-Mart yesterday morning. Grrrreat picture. Beats my 28" crap-o-matic TV I've had since my early college days.

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey!! Definitely long time no see/hear!! Well hopefully your Plasma will last more than the 2 yrs most do...well the older ones only lasted that much. [face_laugh] My father was so ticked about that.

Had fun at the luncheon ;) as for getting anything, didn't have the ole mula this year to splurge like norm ;) but I did get a couple Christmas gifts so hey can't say I didn't get anything on that day! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.