Black Hole.

Discussion in 'Richmond, VA' started by StrangeWings, Nov 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ok...I am now convinced that a special black hole that only sucks up star wars fans has opened in the Richmond area and everyone else is gone. Now all I have to do is find it and figure out a way to close it..hmmmm.
  2. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just grabed a piece of rebar and crawlwd out. It sucks in there.
    I am Jackboot and I do a passable Qui-Gon Jinn. I have been working Hither and yon doing Archaeology all over the state and crawling out of the poverty hole. Whay's up?
  3. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    Not much. I wouldn't expect much out of these boards. As you can see no one talks or has get togethers. I put the poll question up becuase I was going to try and organize something but now, I don't know if it's worth it.
  4. redsabreanakin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    your right..there isn't much activity here in Richmond is there.
  5. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    No..but maybe we can get it going.
  6. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    That?s the spirit WE can get it and keep it going.
  7. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that the hole has reopened..and swallowed everyone up again.
  8. Tetmatek Jedi Knight

star 1
    I Can supply a place large enough to socialize, Duel with sabers, etc. Just need some folks to help organize somthing. I live in Chesterfield and have a shop in Petersburg. Let me know what u all think?
  9. DERTHH_MAWLZ Jedi Knight

star 1
    Chesterfield here also... location check people!
  10. JediMistressDragon Jedi Master

star 1
    My husbnd and I are in Chesterfield, but with couple clubds and working with Ravencon another club would be too much. I staretd lonmg ago a Star Wars cluib called Moisture Farm Co-Op, but well, rather not go into it.
    There is a local con coming, Ravencon, with Terry Brook as guest of honor and he wrote Ep 1 novelization. He's not the only guest, as there's more coming to it, he's just the author GOH. Go to a convention and you will run into other fans. Plus there are local costuming groups, one is Rebel Legion, with Freedom Base Virginia, West Virginia, North and South Carolina. I'm with that and Jedi Assembly and hubby and I with local 501st (he has trooper armor and I also have a Tuskan costume). For Rebel Legion site: http://rebellegion.com/index.asp?IE=2 For 501st: http://www.501st.com/default.html Amnd for just jedi costuming: http://www.thejediassembly.com/
    For Ravencon, which is April 21-23: http://ravencon.com
    It'll be at the Doubletree Inn at the Richmond Airport and there'll be author, costuming and fandom-related panels, plus a masquerade, con suite (where you can meet other fans in relax atmosphere and munchies and food there), a film room, a Creatures Feature movie after the masquerade, gaming, a dealer's room,
    Rocky Horror Friday night, etc..
    Pam
  11. redsabreanakin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  12. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, while it seems a lot of us are from the same general area (i.e. Chesterfield) it seems that we can not coordinate something as simple as getting together for coffee...

How sad is that. Or maybe we just all have lives outside of being Star Wars fans...:)

13. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am in the black hole because I am in the black hole of poverty and the prospect of driving anywhere that will mot get me closer to a job is not a good move.
    PS does anyone want to employ a multitalented archaeologist?
    Poverty Sucks :(
  14. redsabreanakin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It would be kinda nice to get something going...but I have to be honest I don't check this site out that much..for obvious reasons.
  15. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, it has been tried time and again to get something working with this group of people, but it never seems to work out. I rarely even look here because there is never anything going on. And I am busy with real life or the RPG group.

16. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    At least by complaining here or talking about what we would like to do we might be able to keep this place active.
    Are you into costuming more or props or equally into both?
    I just made a custom lightsaber hilt for my girlfriend that the top emitter extends and clicks into place. I just need to wire it so that it is a flashlight. (You would just have to see it.)
    What projects are you into and what have you done lately?
    :)
  17. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have actually gotten out of both...was rather active in them until a bad experience led me to let that hobby slip by the wayside.

Right now, I have little to do with Star Wars as a whole (no movies, no reason to costume or build props, don't like the plot line of current books--invader bugs now, and with Lucas letting their RPG license be mismanaged we don't really do much with the star wars campaign we had going)
  18. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    I am sooy to hear that. I am not really into doing much outside the Original Trilogy but I have enjoyed making sabers and small props. I have a lot of hobbies that I put into use while making things like this (electronics, small power tools, painting, soldering, sewing and model building.) I use to play a table top war game until the people I played with gave ma a bad taste of it. Then I just continued to paint the miniatures. I still enjoy the detail work of miniature creation but I have long since abandoned the game.
    It would be nice, however to make some friends that are into the same types of things.
  19. StrangeWings Jedi Knight

star 1
    So just out of curiosity does this mean that you don't want anything to do with star wars ever again? Just because there isn't supposed to be more movies.
  20. amaunet Jedi Knight

star 3
    No, it meant that I had moved away from Star Wars becuase of such little interest here and because there was little comming out to do with it that interested me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.