main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Black Hope K/J/J Angst/Insanity. Slight AU. POST HERE!!! POST POST POST! 7/20!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kyp_side_of_TheForce, Dec 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Okay, so I finally wrote a fic. It's set before Desiny's Way, because the events therein annoy me and contradict pieces of my diabolical plot.
    I don't own these characters (George Lucas does, I think)... I'm just using them to make my imagination happy. And because I love them all :)
    Betaed by both Jade_Max and Trickster_Jaina_Fel (that's how much help I need :) )
    It was inspired by a bunch of music, mostly SR-71 (mostly "Non-Toxic") while, the first part, anyway..., Good Charlotte, and Everclear.
    Look, check my bio for other fics... I have at least sub-conciously stolen plot items from most of the stories there...
    Oh yeah, and now that I figured out that I'm disregarding 2 complete NJO books, I figure it's AU...

okay, and here's links to the posts... I'll trust you to note that there are 2 on the first page... | page 2 | page 3 | page 4 | (bottom of page 4 | page 5 (one of my favorite posts) | page 6 | page 7 | second page 7 | page 9 | page 9 (again) | WHY DOES MY STORY HAVE TO HAVE SO MANY PAGES??? | page 11 | Stop talking to yourself, KS, the fic having many pages is a good thing | bottom of page 11 | page 12 | page 13 | Isn't is annoying how the bottons to copy and paste are so close to eachother? I end up pasting when I need to copy... not pretty | page 14 | bottom of page 14 (oooohhh it's a fun and angsty one :D ) | page 15 | Am I the only one that thinks my fic is a bit anti-climactic? Did I even spell that right? Probably not | page 17 | Some of these posts really suck... some are good... should I label them? | hey, that guy was someone's sock, wasn't he?! and here I was genuinely flattered... | bottom of 19... just so it's easy to find... | bottom of 23 | page 25 (poor zekk!) | is it just me, or do the posts get less and less frequent? | page 27 | page 29 | It can't just be me... | ...uh-oh... that was the last one... better got fix that... dude, I've been talking to myself this whole time, haven't I? page 33 my biggest reality mistake yet... you'll see... maybe...

Kyp sat in a nearly unlit, very crowded room, his head slumped on a table. He had needed a place that was dark and noisy after being in hyperspace for so long, being in combat, and then being in hyperspace for what seeme

2. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    angst and insanity...I had to come check it out...

Okay, so I finally wrote a fic. It's set before Desiny's Way, because the events therein annoy me and contradict pieces of my diabolical plot.

Totally agree!!!!

After all, it wasn't everyday you saw a Jedi Master acting mentally ill.

Unless you saw Kyp Durron everyday, that is.

*cracks up!* Oh, my lord, that was funny!!!!! Can't wait for more!!!

~Rogue

3. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    rogue11lovesjag I have a reader! wow! thank you so much!!!!!!
    working on writing more... well, officially I'm doing homework [face_devil]

4. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Anything I touch dies, explodes or breaks in some way. I should just avoid people??and objects that break easily.
    :_| Poor Kyp! That makes me so sad!

See? I told you I'd read a fic of yours if you wrote it! And haha! I read it before you got a chance to PM me, therefore you can't diss your writing that way! :D

As you're so find of saying, MORE STORY?????????????

5. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    TSM: *falls over laughing* you posted and I pmed simultaniously! and you like it! wow!

6. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    okay, both my readers get to vote... more now, or after it's been beta'ed (how the heck do you say betaed, anyway?)

7. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    I'd say wait until it's betaed . . . but that's coming from someone who doesn't, so take it with a grain of salt. :p

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    So I saw the insane girl (meant as a compliment! :p ) in Strong Enough is posting a story and decided to pop in and check it out.

I thought your first post was good :) until I got here:

He suddenly jumped up and ran from the room. This time very few people didn't stare after him. After all, it wasn't everyday you saw a Jedi Master acting mentally ill.

Then I was ROTFLMAO! Great job! Keep it up!

9. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    PLJ: thank you [face_blush] insane girl... I like that :)

10. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Hey, nice beginning. Next time I get frustrated, I'll just pull a Kyp Durron and pound my head until my brains have turned into a pink slush. I'm glad you decided to post it! We'l be demanding updates quickly, you know... ;)

BTW, like these Christmas colors? I think they're sweet. George has the Santa hat on above. [face_laugh]

11. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Wow, that was an interesting start! I like it! Post more soon!

12. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    I have multiple readers... as in, like five... wow
    Chris: are you ever not funny? is that even possible? :p
    R_S thanks thanks thanks! I will soon... once betaers tell me stuff :)

13. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Very nice! :D Can't wait for more. You have a very unique way of writing, but that's a good thing! Makes you stand out!

I will definatly be keeping my eye on this one.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Uppityrooidoo with you!

15. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    nice starting. Hopefully you'll put up more soon!

Anna

16. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    Like PadmeLeiaJaina, I recognized the girl who can't stand to see 'Strong Enough' on any page but the first(not that I can either ;) ), so I decided to check it out. Great start, can't wait for more! :D

17. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    thank you everybody! I'll respond later, but now I gotta go see new Star Trek:

Kyp awoke the next morning not feeling particularly rested. It didn't bother him too much, considering that he hadn't felt truly awake in months. But then, I haven't been really happy in about a decade, so who cares if I'm awake. Make that two decades. Sun crusher. It still made him sick to even think about how many people he'd killed... so he avoided it as much as possible. But sometimes thoughts like that just popped into his head.

He showered before going down to the Twin Suns' hanger, to work on his ship. Zero-One had been teaching him how to fix X-Wings. He simply didn't like the fact that his droid was infinitely better at fixing ships then he was. Besides, in the hanger I can run into Jaina. He almost cried. More thoughts of Jaina. I'm indecisive about her. The only thing in the galaxy I?m indecisive about, and it had to be how I feel about one of my only friends.
    Great choice, Kyp.

He entered the hanger and, in accordance to the luck he'd had all his life, Jaina was in there. Working on her X-wing. Stang.

"Hey Kyp!" she said enthusiastically when she felt his force presence, pulling herself out of the engine compartment. She walked over and hugged him.

Why does the Force hate me? He asked himself as he hugged her back, lightly. "Since when do I rate hug-on-sight treatment from the goddess?" he asked, successfully masking his desperation with his quirky sense of humor.

Jaina shrugged. "You're one of my best friends... why not?" she asked, pulling away. "Besides, you seem even less bright and cheery then usual. Hugging most people cheers them up."

How can she possibly be that oblivious? Because you're hiding it all from her, stupid. Great, now even I'M calling me stupid. That really can't be a good sign. Kyp needed something to cover his lack of speech. "Me? Not bright and cheery? Compared to most people here, I'm optimistic and carefree." He said looking around at all the rest of the people in the hanger. They looked almost as depressed as he felt. Almost.

"Maybe," She didn't look like she bought his excuse of war depression, but she wasn??t going to call him on it. She didn??t seem to know how.

Desperately need to change the topic. Now. "So, how is it that your X-wing can possibly be fixed any more? It's not like you ever really take a hit."

She grinned evilly. "Modifications."

He watched her while she showed him every little detail of her ship, with feigned interest. Does she even know just how good she is at torturing me? Of course not, she doesn't even know why I feel bad. I wish she'd just figure it out, then I wouldn't have to tell her. He paused his thought to make his token response of the minute "Yeah, having a repulser beam to deflect small asteroids really must be useful."

Jaina glowed. "I thought so..."

Kyp stopped paying attention. Do I really want to know how I feel? Isn't it good enough just to have a friend? Someone who cares about me? Why in the Force do I want more? He nodded about what Jaina was saying. It's in your nature to want more, Kyp.... just go on wanting more. Emperor's black bones! Why do I give myself openings for thoughts like that? Because secretly you love your insane thoughts. I kriffing hate myself, did you know that? Of course I know that, I'm you. Get the Sith out of my head! I like it better when I don't think! Yes, sir, Master, sir! He sighed. At least I call me 'sir' and 'Master'... actually that's probably a bad thing, too.

He suddenly realized how hungry he was as his stomach clenched in protest. "Hey, Goddess, this is really interesting and all, but I just realized I haven't eaten in a few days-"

"Days? Are you trying to starve yourself?"

Only when you're not around, Jaina. "Not really... I just keep forgetting to eat. I'll leave you to your ship." He left, before she could offer to come with him.

18. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    Great, now even I'M calling me stupid. That really can't be a good sign.
    [face_laugh] Is this the insanity the title mentions?

:_| Poor Kyp, this is so sad!

Great post!

But I guess OPPM doesn't think so.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I wish she'd just figure it out, then I wouldn't have to tell her.

Ahhh the mantra of unrequited love. :( Poor Kyp. I like how you're making him ultra tormented. That's how I like him. :D

Good post.

20. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    How can she possibly be that oblivious? Because you're hiding it all from her, stupid. Great, now even I'M calling me stupid. That really can't be a good sign.

Emperor's black bones! Why do I give myself openings for thoughts like that? Because secretly you love your insane thoughts. I kriffing hate myself, did you know that? Of course I know that, I'm you. Get the Sith out of my head! I like it better when I don't think! Yes, sir, Master, sir! He sighed. At least I call me 'sir' and 'Master'... actually that's probably a bad thing, too.

I dont find it sad . . . i find it funny!!!

[face_laugh] but yes poor kyp . . . yes sure . . .

still laughing . . .

21. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Great post!

I cried at the new Star Trek movie. It's the only movie I've ever cried in, although I would have in Episode 1 where Qui-Gon died.

~Rogue

22. The_Standmaiden

Jul 28, 2002
    I cry at movies all the time. It's kind of pathetic.

How can you think that poor Kyp's suffering is funny ?!?!?!? :_|

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    great job so far! :)

UP!

~Trickster

24. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    [face_laugh] I find Kyp's internal conflict amusing personally, at least when it's supposed to be funny ;) Great post!

25. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    OH MY GOODNESS KYP_SIDE! This is fantastic. some of kyps thoughts we so funny, and yet i can feel his pain. *sigh* i can relate to his pain.

After all, it wasn't everyday you saw a Jedi Master acting mentally ill.

LOL! That was great.

How can she possibly be that oblivious? Because you're hiding it all from her, stupid. Great, now even I'M calling me stupid. That really can't be a good sign. Not a good sign? well that's bad news for me becuase i call myself stupid all the time.

Jez

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.