main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Black Lightsaber

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by JediKnightAdam, Jan 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightAdam

JediKnightAdam Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 2000
    Okay.....I've heard many rumors about black and white colored saber blades, yet i've never seen them in any comics. Can someone tell me if this is fact or Myth?

--JediKnightAdam
    http://www.the-holocron.net
    Acting Head of The Jedi Council
    Deputy Head of Imperial Tactical Network
    Concord Squadron Leader

2. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Never heard of a black one, and I've read them all. However, Corran Horn has a dual-crystal lightsaber that is silver on regular mode and purple in extended (double blade length). That's the only one I know of.

3. Thom_Jadal

Thom_Jadal Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2001
    Look closely while watching A New Hope, Lukes saber isnt blue, it's white.
    Thom

4. Kurgan1

Kurgan1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 19, 2000
    Uh, no it's not. They used tubes that lit up white while filming and added the colors later. They changed to black sticks in the later films, but in the first one, it gives all the sabers a more white hue than in the sequels (and prequels). But Luke's lightsaber is blue. Check the colors on your tv.

5. Thom_Jadal

Feb 10, 2001
    OK here's the deal. I went back and checked.
    In Obi-wan's house it is a very light blue and while Luke is training with the remote in the Millenium Falcon it's white. I did check my color on my TV and watched both scenes with the same settings within seconds of each other. So we were both right.
    Thom Jadal

6. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    No Thommy Boy you are wrong. What shows in the light is not always right. It is for crying out loud a Scifi movie that was made over 20 years ago. You may often see color differences because of this. The fact is a Sabre shines the color of the gem used in its construction. Now if you remember the box set that was out BEFORE this last one,there where three back ground colors the first being blue the second being red and the last being green. If you dont know what Im talking about go to MGM Studios in Orlando and take the Star Tour after you will see the original posters that reflect this fact. Reason for the colors Well Ill let you figure that one out....

7. Thom_Jadal

Feb 10, 2001
    Nevermind. I had a long winded reply to this but it aint worth it. And it's pronounced THom for future reference. PLease dont call me Thommy Boy. Oh and I have to 10th anniversary box set and it's the same there as well.

Thom

8. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    I agree with Brandon and Kenley. The saber IS blue.

Ok, can we all agree that Luke uses the SAME saber between Star Wars and Empire. Why is the EXACT same saber blue in Empire if it wasn't meant to be blue in Star Wars.

9. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    I agree .

10. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Hummmmmmmmm,considering he didnt build his own til Return... Intersting point James.....

Must Ponder on that....

Im done you are correct....
    Master Mischief

Red 5 Out

Oh and my apologies THOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

11. Thom_Jadal

Feb 10, 2001
    Finally Im at home and can respond. You guys misunderstood me. I never said that it was meant to be white. Just that it was. Like a glitch or blooper. Nothing more.
    Thom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.