main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Black-listed lightsaber website! Avoid www.saberforge.com!!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Ranger_007, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, I have never done this before, so I hope this amplifies my seriousness.

AVOID www.saberforge.com!

Online aliases include: SaberForge and airsoftmode.

Summary: Despite many mixed reviews, but none like my problem, I decided to place an order with www.saberforge.com for TWO (2) of his SaberSound 1.0 boards. At this time there were more than 50+ boards listed as "in stock" and they were temporarily discounted from $59.99 down to $49.99. On Nov.29, 2009, I placed my order totaling $117.98 and immediately paid through PayPal.

On Dec.03, 2009, I received a shipping notification that my order had shipped.

On Dec.15, 2009, I received a package from SaberForge. The customs slip indicated that the contents included two (2) sound boards. Inside, there was only a single board. The shipping envelope arrived in good condition, with no rips, tears, holes, and gaps created when initially sealed. Also, the package was NOT opened by customs.

I immediately emailed SaberForge at the email address indicated on his website (sales@saberforge.com). I was very poilite, and made no accusations. I sent another email again on Dec.16. I sent another email on Dec.22 to another email I dug up (airsoftmode@earthlink.net), and another on Dec.23 to both email addresses. I did not receive a single reply. I even sent copies of these emails from a second email account of mine. I also sent a PM on the TCSS website and the FX-Sabers.com website. Still nothing.

On Dec.28, 2009, I sent a final email. With no sign of reply, I am resorting to this step. If there is time left, I will investigate generating a PayPal complaint. I may be out $50, and do not want this to happen to anyone else. I will be seeding this post on numerous websites to maximize coverage.

For additional details, here is the "whois" profile: http://www.who.is/whois/saberforge.com/

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Not to trivialize your problem or anything, but all your e-mails and messages were sent in a fairly rapid fashion, and this is a holiday season in which many people are very busy. While I have heard mixed reviews about SaberForge, you're right in that none of them are like this problem, so it does make me suspect that there might be less sinister forces at work here. I'd say give the man a little more time before completely blacklisting him.

3. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Also be aware that with paypal, there is a time limit to file a complaint...I think it's 30 days, but I could be wrong. I had an issue with not receiving something that I paid for, and paypal couldn't do anything to help me....which was unfortunate, but my fault b/c I waited too long.
    Good luck!

4. 1SilentJedi

1SilentJedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2010
    I have dealt with saberforge a couple of times, I've only had one problem....
    I received a sabersound 1.0 soundcard that did not work properly.
    I emailed saberforge and within a few days he responded.
    He was more thAn helpfull and offered to replace my sabersound if I shipped it back to him.
    So all in all I personaly would recomend buying something from saberforge.

If you were polite I can't see why he would ignore your emails.... How about an update? Has he since solved your problem?

5. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    UPDATE: He FINALLY replied to my emails, and his wording was as if he had not read ANY of my other emails. Anyway, after more frelling around, two more weeks go by, I finally had a refund for my missing board, oddly, from a totally different PayPal account. Anyone else find that rather suspicious?

Anyway, I will not post all the BS in the emails from him, nor my personal feelings.

Sufice it to say, I highly recommend staying away from Saberforge for now. Maybe in the future, he will clean up his act and run his "business" responsibly.

6. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    I haven't posted in about exactly a year (4/15/09... as the "LED Blade Q&As" thread is now essentially locked/dead/not as useful as present day information in 2010)... but I feel the need to at least tell the admins/mods here at TF.N... there is legitimate reason for Jedi Ranger's post/complaint...

MUCH has happened with the LED saber community (at least since I joined back in 2005/2006)... and there are a TON of things going on behind-the-scenes that TF.N simply "doesn't see/hear about".

In a nutshell... there is such a thing as business ethics. And if that is the bright center to the universe, "Saberforge" is on the planet that is farthest from.

This is simply no longer a matter of opinion... it is a matter of FACT that has been verified on many other sites (the ones that now essentially cradle/support the LED saber community). I can mention these sites, but only with the permission of the mods. As I said... I haven't been here for years--I don't know what the protocol is anymore, really.

--Novastar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.