main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Black Oil & Supersoldiers: The Conspiracies of the X-Files

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JadeSolo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    So, who got it, who was confused, and who actually believed any of the theories? :p

I think I got a little lost when the Syndicate got torched by the faceless rebels. At that point, it was so hard to keep track of who was who's ally, or who was trying to kill whom. And it really didn't help that so many people kept switching sides!

As far as the theories I could believe, the cloning and DNA testing/hybridization. Though again, at certain parts I was too confused to know what to believe. :p

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    The black oil, was probably one of the best plot lines in the series. Granted I never fully understood it. But I do remember playing the X-Files game and getting mad at the end and taking me forever to keep Mulder from getting infected.

~PK~

3. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I got the final volume for christmas since I can't rent the final two seasons as my library doens't have them(yes my library has DVDS!).

I've usually been able to figure out what's going on. I'm up to "Existence" and I think I know what's happening. :p

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You're all better than me, then, because by season eight I was totally lost. I just enjoyed the creepiness and stand-alone eps. :p

5. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Sometimes I didn't bother trying to figure everything out. I just knew that if it was a conspiracy episode, it would have Krycek in it. [face_love]

Until the end of Season 8. But that's a whole other complaint.

6. ZamWesell44

ZamWesell44 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2003
    The X-files is so good and it does get a bit complicated in the end with supersoldiers, Mulder being buried for 3 months then brought back to life. I just prefer the stand alone episodes, the early ones 2,3,4. I agree about Krycek he was great, and liked Covarrubias too. I think the 2 best mythology episodes are proably Tunguska, Terma, the black oil.

7. Yodan

Yodan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2005
    I really liked Deep Throat. He was such a cool character, I hated when they killed him off! :_|

But do agree that the conspiracy theories made me a little dizzy after a while. Still to this day I have trouble figuring out who is on whose on whose side... :p

8. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Cigerette Smoking Man was awesome. I miss X-Files.

~PK~

9. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Speak of the devils! In tonight's reruns on TNT, Krycek makes his first appearance. He's such a n00b. [face_love]

And thus begins the "Just what the hell happened to Scully?" debates. :p All the images of her stomach being expanded, and then that drill - I don't even want to know the specifics of that one. Though maybe that all had an effect later on. I don't remember the specifics of baby William's conception, but I wonder if his alien-ness had more to do with Scully than any weird powers he was magically born with.

Spender giving the kid an injection to delete his alien powers was kind of a cop-out, IMO. You'd think it would be cool for him to basically have the Force. :p

10. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Didn't the gov, impregnate Scully with a baby and then took it from her. And then she later discovers that baby but the baby is like 2 or 3 in a later episode.

~PK~

11. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, Emily - who was full of green toxic goo. I guess that was supposed to show that she was part alien, since the faceless rebels were the same way.

Unless Emily was just a faceless rebel masquerading as a little girl. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.